Why would a God even need a hell?

Why would God need a hell? Well Christians think like humans, THEY would put unbelievers in this hell; THEY would punish them forever. They are teaching what THEY understand.

THEY think God is like them. So THEY think God would punish humans forever.
You're going to hell in a handbasket.

You need to follow me around , not because your a shadow ,but because you can't cast a shadow,( Or a thread), of your own.
You realize you're going to hell, don't you?

You realize that only God can consign someone to hell (according to Christian beliefs), and also, it is wrong to judge others, because again, only God can do that.

How do you know that God is going to send them to hell? Is it based on your own limited beliefs, or is it based in the all encompassing Love from the Almighty? If it's based on love, nobody will go to hell.

Personally? I think that hell is a concept invented by Christians as a way to keep the masses in line and scare them with something bad if they don't comply.

Why do I say this? Well, because of a simple understanding of physics, as well as some understanding from the Bible.

It says in the Bible that God is Light, and if we are good, we will be with Him forever. If we are not good, then we will be separated from Him and consigned to hell.

Christians also believe that hell is a place of eternal hellfire.

Now, if God is Light, then physics would dictate that Heaven is a warm place, because it's full of light. Hell (which is a separation from God) shouldn't be full of fire, it should be dark and cold.

Nope, the Christian version of hell is a myth. Even the Jews don't believe in it, but they DO have a concept of Paradise (Heaven), as well as they have a concept that includes reincarnation.

In the Kingdom to come , there will be no such thing as separation from God ; that is a Christian myth. Christians just " Want" people like me and unbelievers to be separated from God ; its a Christian "Desire":, that is why they can't come off of it. They got to have it and will defend it with their lives.

Why would God need a hell? Well Christians think like humans, THEY would put unbelievers in this hell; THEY would punish them forever. They are teaching what THEY understand.

You need to follow me around , not because your a shadow ,but because you can't cast a shadow,( Or a thread), of your own.

You realize that only God can consign someone to hell (according to Christian beliefs), and also, it is wrong to judge others, because again, only God can do that.

How do you know that God is going to send them to hell? Is it based on your own limited beliefs, or is it based in the all encompassing Love from the Almighty? If it's based on love, nobody will go to hell.

Personally? I think that hell is a concept invented by Christians as a way to keep the masses in line and scare them with something bad if they don't comply.

Why do I say this? Well, because of a simple understanding of physics, as well as some understanding from the Bible.

It says in the Bible that God is Light, and if we are good, we will be with Him forever. If we are not good, then we will be separated from Him and consigned to hell.

Now, if God is Light, then physics would dictate that Heaven is a warm place, because it's full of light. Hell (which is a separation from God) shouldn't be full of fire, it should be dark and cold.

Nope, the Christian version of hell is a myth. Even the Jews don't believe in it, but they DO have a concept of Paradise (Heaven), as well as they have a concept that includes reincarnation.
"Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire. (revalations 20:15)"

"Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire. (revalations 20:15)"

I am happy to contest you ; I am happy to show what you cannot show; I am happy to go against your perverted view of God and Salvation ;

Jesus in Mark 9:49 , " For EVERYONE shall be salted with fire." We all have a date with the Lake of Fire , its how we will be cleansed and changed.

Ok, so now you're admitting that you have no real proof...

Not exactly. The reality is that belief in God is taken on faith, but that doesn't mean we cannot infer His existence indirectly. Your problem is that there is nothing you will accept that does not confirm your bias. I don't have that problem. I was in the exact same position you are in, but I made a conscious effort to be objective. I did find enough indirect evidence and proof to establish my faith that God does exist and that He wants a relationship with me through the Trinity. You on the other hand have closed your mind to these possibilities and are missing out on a great deal of wisdom and knowledge and it shows. On a side note, even you yourself admitted that the existence of God cannot be proven or disproven, right?

...as we all know that faith means the belief in something unproven. I can even look it up for you if need be.

That too is not exactly correct. Faith means having complete trust or confidence in someone or something. I don't know anyone who would put complete trust or confidence in someone or something that they did not first have a good reason to do so.

Again, can you prove any of the big things in the bible?
I have already explained to you that the Bible consists of several different literary types; historical, poetic, prophesy, allegorical, etc. I can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing anyone can tell you that you will accept. So, yes, I can prove them, but not to you. Your mind is already made up. It would be a waste of time for both of us.

Or do you agree that it's mainly a book of fiction?

No. I don't agree. But I'm not about to try to convince you. I don't care enough. I'm happy with you believing anything you want, but I'm not sure you can say the same. It is important for you to feel your non-belief is validated. I don't have that problem.

How is re-incarnation possible? Read your bible, Jesus re-incarnated. :D

Lol, no, I meant how is it possible that you accept their accounts as true.

The precise number of religions in the world is not known, but available estimates show the number to be about 4,300, according to Adherents.com. Your odds are 4300 to 1. You have a 0.02% chance of being right. Don't bet the farm. :lol:
Several religions believe in re-incarnation, so I win the odds game. :D

No. You don't. You are an atheist (most likely a militant atheist). For you to be right, every religion must be wrong.

You actually not shown ANY proof at all, you just point to the universe and say "Hey, that's proof of something, isn't it?" Making your standard of proof extremely low, if not non-existent.

That's right, I am not trying to prove to you that God exists. I thought I made that clear like 100 times. We can't get past the first step. You won't even accept that tangible items can be used as evidence and information can be obtained from them. It wouldn't make any sense to go any further at this point. Your problem is that you think I am trying to convince you of God's existence. I'm not. I really don't care one way or another. But I still find it odd that you spend your days wanting to discuss God. When I didn't believe in God, I didn't waste my time on that. So you might want to reconsider who the joke is on; someone who spends his time discussing something he believes or someone who spends his time discussing something he doesn't believe. In fact, you are so desperate for me to discuss God with you, that you keep trying to bait me into discussing it. I'm sorry, that's just not going to work, I don't care enough. But I really do enjoy our conversations, I'm just afraid you may not be getting out of it as much as I am. I believe that Mickey might be more your speed.

Hey in Phil. 3:21 Jesus has the power" To Subdue ALL things to himself", see Christians don't "Believe " that Christ Loves all of humanity enough to use that power of submission , so they came up with the free will doctrine and the " Acceptance clause of salvation" ,meaning the unbeliever must " Accept Christ" , or salvation is impossible.

Why would Jesus or God develop a free will standard or an acceptance clause, if it would lead to billions of humans being lost? Billions lost , just to honor a standard? When you have the power to subdue them ill respective of what THEY do or think? See the Christian mind can easily condemn billions of humans to honor their will; giving a human free will is not worth it condemning them , but to perverted Christianity it is. And they believe God and Jesus are perverted;;; Imagine 100 billion humans standing before God , who has the power to subdue all of them and give them a totally new consciousness, but yet he condemns them because "They did not decide on their own to believe in him." And God tolerates their condemnation in order to satisfy some free will principle. That's stupid! Totally absurd!

But stupid principles are being believed over the grace and power of God.

You know, it says in the Bible that hell is actually a separation from God. That is the true definition of it.

And..................since God is Light, and light generates heat, Heaven is a warm place, and hell is dark and cold, because it's separated from God.

Guess all those people who said they would do or allow something when hell freezes over have a lot to answer for.

You know, it says in the Bible that hell is actually a separation from God. That is the true definition of it.

And..................since God is Light, and light generates heat, Heaven is a warm place, and hell is dark and cold, because it's separated from God.

Guess all those people who said they would do or allow something when hell freezes over have a lot to answer for.

The bible does not teach that hell is separation from God , it teaches that hell is the grave. That is what hell really is , a hole in the ground. But religious teachers have holes in their heads and teach the wrong things.

That's some pretty tortured logic. Especially since the Bible says that unbelievers will be thrown into the lake of fire.

That's some pretty tortured logic. Especially since the Bible says that unbelievers will be thrown into the lake of fire.

That's from the New Testament, and only shows up in Revelation. I think that was put in there by the church to scare the people into their arms.

Did you know that fire is the most feared way to die by humans?

That's from the New Testament, and only shows up in Revelation. I think that was put in there by the church to scare the people into their arms.

Doesn't really matter what you think. Hell is real. If you do not know God, that's where you're going. At least that's what Scripture says.

Doesn't really matter what you think. Hell is real. If you do not know God, that's where you're going. At least that's what Scripture says.

You mean, that's what CHRISTIAN scripture says. There are many different religions (some are even older than Christianity) that have some version of Heaven as well, so are you saying that the Christian faith will keep a Buddhist or Hindu who has abided by the tenents of their faith all their life, from reaching their version of Heaven?

Hell is not real ;

Bible Reality Check--A Case Against Hell

It would help if you cited the actual scripture you are referencing.
It would help if you cited the actual scripture you are referencing.

They don't have to quote it, I know roughly where it is. It's in the book of Revelation, after the final judgement where all the sinners are put forever in a lake of fire and the rest live with Jesus and God in Heaven.

Revelations has always been an odd book just like Job is an odd book in the OT. It certainly doesn't fit with the words of Jesus. In fact, outside of the Gospels, not much of the NT fits with the words of Jesus.

Revelations has always been an odd book just like Job is an odd book in the OT. It certainly doesn't fit with the words of Jesus. In fact, outside of the Gospels, not much of the NT fits with the words of Jesus.

Not meaning to correct you Divine, but it's "revelation" not "revelations". There is no "s" at the end.

And, I agree with you, not much of the NT fits in with what Jesus taught. But then again, that is because Jesus was a good Jewish man, who kept the Jewish faith, not a Christian.

Forum List

Back