Why won’t Republicans “Own Up”?

Own up for what?

A better question to ask is why do liberals think they have the right to tell everyone what to do and act like the judge of mankind about everything? Is it because the utopia political entitiy has crowned them as 'good' and everyone else as 'evil'? What else explains why these people think they have a right to judge everyone else?

Another good question is why can't liberals disconnect from private lives where a person is accountable for their actions not for what their elected people do? Or why is it that, in their mind, political groups are the equivalent of racial stereotyping that people do? Have you noticed how they break everyone down by what their politics are. If you are black then you are left, white christian then you are right, if you are rich then you are a republicans. Normal people don't think like this.

Hmmmm....I don't see liberals telling women that if they get pregnant they must have the baby. I don't see liberals telling gay people they can't get married. I don't see liberals telling people they must share their political rights with inanimate corporations.

It seems to me that both liberals AND conservatives have things they'd likd to see and are not above using the federal government and the law to get them. So, to me, they are two peas in a pod.

Own up for what?

A better question to ask is why do liberals think they have the right to tell everyone what to do and act like the judge of mankind about everything? Is it because the utopia political entitiy has crowned them as 'good' and everyone else as 'evil'? What else explains why these people think they have a right to judge everyone else?

Another good question is why can't liberals disconnect from private lives where a person is accountable for their actions not for what their elected people do? Or why is it that, in their mind, political groups are the equivalent of racial stereotyping that people do? Have you noticed how they break everyone down by what their politics are. If you are black then you are left, white christian then you are right, if you are rich then you are a republicans. Normal people don't think like this.

Hmmmm....I don't see liberals telling women that if they get pregnant they must have the baby. I don't see liberals telling gay people they can't get married. I don't see liberals telling people they must share their political rights with inanimate corporations.

It seems to me that both liberals AND conservatives have things they'd likd to see and are not above using the federal government and the law to get them. So, to me, they are two peas in a pod.

Corporations are not inanimate objects because an inanimate object is a chair. That is not capable of any human thought but corporations are not the same thing because they are composed of animated objects like people who make decisions about how that corporation, they they compose of, act so denying a corporation their rights is denying all the people who compose it their rights.

As for abortion, the law forbids anyone from murdering other people and that includes abortion.

Gay marriage, some of us were content with allowing common law marriages for both gays and straights but that was rejected but the door has closed on that because the tide is turning in our favor. :razz:

Stop your whining!

Oh the contradictions. like you guys whine about everything Obama does.

How you can post such thing and not be embarrassed with yourself is beyond me. Just further supports many of the things said against people like you

If I criticize Obama I will back it up with facts not rhetoric. For example the fact that Obama lied during the SOTU speech when he said the Supreme Court's decision would allow foreign corporations to spend in U.S. elections.

that's hysterical, most I hear from you is rhetoric. And the OP backed up what he was talking about. Sorry, can't deflect away from this blaring contradiction

Own up for what?

Conservative: Leave me alone to live my life as I see fit and within the law of the land. I do not ask for anything but infrastructure and defense and in return you collect tax money. I do not ask anyone to do for me what they do not wish to do for me. If they wish to buy from me, buy from me. If they wish not to buy from me, do not buy from me. For what I want in life, you do not need to do, or change a thing.

Liberal: I would like to see this country as one that is all about equality and giving. I know you give to charity, but not necessarily the charity I am for. I know you will employ people but not at a salary I consider fair. So I want the country to change and I want everyone else to change with it. I want all to believe in my ideology and if you do not, you will have to support it anyway. For what I want in life, you must change your life.

Own up for what?

Corporations are not inanimate objects because an inanimate object is a chair. That is not capable of any human thought but corporations are not the same thing because they are composed of animated objects like people who make decisions about how that corporation, they they compose of, act so denying a corporation their rights is denying all the people who compose it their rights.

As for abortion, the law forbids anyone from murdering other people and that includes abortion.

Gay marriage, some of us were content with allowing common law marriages for both gays and straights but that was rejected but the door has closed on that because the tide is turning in our favor. :razz:

A corporation is not an inanimate object???? Exactly what is a corporation on the planet you're from? On Earth, it is a thing. It is not alive, it does not reproduce. It's like a building. There may be people inside, but that doesn't make the building alive.

If abortion is murder, then why are not doctors prosecuted for performing them? Why? Because it's not murder. As for gay marriage, it really doesn't matter what you were content with or not. That wasn't the point.

The point was that liberals and conservatives both have things they want and are not above using the federal government and/or law to get them imposed on those who don't agree with them.

Unless and until you guuys get a grip on 'reality', you're going to continue having a problem getting what you want.

Own up for what?

Conservative: Leave me alone to live my life as I see fit and within the law of the land. I do not ask for anything but infrastructure and defense and in return you collect tax money. I do not ask anyone to do for me what they do not wish to do for me. If they wish to buy from me, buy from me. If they wish not to buy from me, do not buy from me. For what I want in life, you do not need to do, or change a thing.

Liberal: I would like to see this country as one that is all about equality and giving. I know you give to charity, but not necessarily the charity I am for. I know you will employ people but not at a salary I consider fair. So I want the country to change and I want everyone else to change with it. I want all to believe in my ideology and if you do not, you will have to support it anyway. For what I want in life, you must change your life.

Totally untrue.

Everything that both sides want requires some to change/alter their lives.

Totally untrue.

You say totally untrue. That is your perogative.

I say my opinon and no one can tell me my opinion is not true. My opinion is my opinion...

I will never crticize your abuility to reason by saying your opinion is untrue.

And by the way......and the following has a few minor loopholes in it but I believe to be fundamentally true.....

All that conservativews want changed are things to be changed BACK to what they were before progressives changed them

I don't watch any MSM news either....

Everything I know comes from internet message boards. They would never misrepresent the facts

:D

I read news in print. Less programming impact that way.

You mean like the NYT that felt the 23 year old "Acorn Exposer" arrest warranted front page news, but during the campaign, Obama admitting to 20 years in Wrights pews did not warrant any story at all?

Or like Salant that reported that back in 1994, Fox News single handedly derailed Hillary's health care intitiative....not realizing that Fox was started in 1996.

You mean like those two?

Only you would think the two things are even remotely close to being the same.

:D

I read news in print. Less programming impact that way.

You mean like the NYT that felt the 23 year old "Acorn Exposer" arrest warranted front page news, but during the campaign, Obama admitting to 20 years in Wrights pews did not warrant any story at all?

Or like Salant that reported that back in 1994, Fox News single handedly derailed Hillary's health care intitiative....not realizing that Fox was started in 1996.

You mean like those two?

Only you would think the two things are even remotely close to being the same.

Where exactly did I say they were remotely close to the same thing?

I cited two separate situations where the different print media reported on stories that gave the readers reason to think the way the paper wanted them to think.

One outright lied to make people believe that Fox is hell bent on killing healthcare.

The other placed a story in a position known to all readers to be the place for a major national news story....and at the same time didnt place an article anywhere in the paper that should have been a national news story....and was for all other media organizations.

Simply citing examples where the print media is not as innocent as the person I was responding to implied with his (her) post.

I suggest you get with the program and stop looking so silly with your assinine claims.

Totally untrue.

I say my opinon and no one can tell me my opinion is not true. My opinion is my opinion...

And by the way......and the following has a few minor loopholes in it but I believe to be fundamentally true.....

All that conservativews want changed are things to be changed BACK to what they were before progressives changed them

Yes, your opinion is your opinion. But that doesn't mean it can't be devoid of fact. Which, in this case, yours is.

Totally untrue.

Yes, your opinion is your opinion. But that doesn't mean it can't be devoid of fact. Which, in this case, yours is.

Another know it all that knows very little.

Totally untrue.

It's amazing how many people think facts are up for opinion, and it should be considered acceptable if someone's opinion flies in the face of fact and reality

I don't see liberals telling gay people they can't get married.
Neither are conservatives. Gay marriage is legal in every state, and no conservative has ever said they shouldn't be able to get married. Denying state recognition is not denying the act.

I don't see liberals telling people they must share their political rights with inanimate corporations.
What excatly does anyone give up by sharing a right with anyone else? You imply that people are somehow giving up their rights in order for someone or a group of people to have that right. A corporation or a union having the right to speak, in no way infringes on anyone elses rights. Are you or anyone else going to be censored by the government just because a corporation can buy a TV ad?

Neither are conservatives. Gay marriage is legal in every state, and no conservative has ever said they shouldn't be able to get married. Denying state recognition is not denying the act.:cuckoo:

I don't see liberals telling people they must share their political rights with inanimate corporations.
What excatly does anyone give up by sharing a right with anyone else? You imply that people are somehow giving up their rights in order for someone or a group of people to have that right. A corporation or a union having the right to speak, in no way infringes on anyone elses rights. Are you or anyone else going to be censored by the government just because a corporation can buy a TV ad?

That's a joke, right?

Neither are conservatives. Gay marriage is legal in every state, and no conservative has ever said they shouldn't be able to get married. Denying state recognition is not denying the act.:cuckoo:

That's a joke, right?

You're the joke. Name one state where police will come and throw gay people in jail for getting married.
The government cannot interfere with a religious ceremony of marriage. Thus, gay marriages are completely "legal". The whole "gay marriage" debate is actually a debate on whether or not the people/government would recognize that as a real marriage. And guess what, society does not recognize it as a real marriage.

That's a joke, right?

I see it as precise...and by no means a joke.

Referring to it as a joke does not make it a joke.

Where do you see anything said as not factual?

That's a joke, right?

You're the joke. Name one state where police will come and throw gay people in jail for getting married.
The government cannot interfere with a religious ceremony of marriage. Thus, gay marriages are completely "legal". The whole "gay marriage" debate is actually a debate on whether or not the people/government would recognize that as a real marriage. And guess what, society does not recognize it as a real marriage.

As I am sure you have found, people on here find themselves debating things they know absolutely nothing about.
They think they know as they watch the news...but they have not yet realized that the news cherry picks what it deems worthy of people knowing about.

Forum List

Back