Zone1 Why was Jesus crucified?

Why don't you read the book and find out? Why are you resisting. $1.97 (plus shipping probably) and you can have all your answers.
Admit it, you wrote the book which is why you are pushing me to buy it instead of telling me about it since you said you already read it.

:auiqs.jpg:

Sure, people also question the Bible.

But what you have is religious text agreeing with a secular text.

Pretty good evidence if you ask me.
What you have is a text claiming to quote another text and scholars arguing whether that quote is authentic.

Admit it, you wrote the book which is why you are pushing me to buy it instead of telling me about it since you said you already read it.

:auiqs.jpg:
Oh, now I'm a Christian German lawyer. I had no idea. Thanks for the information.

The whole proving Jesus existed and was crucified seems fruitless.

As I said, evidence points to both as any historian worth their salt would agree to both because both secular and religious historical sources point to both truths. After all, there are very little things you can prove outside a math class.

People are free to disagree, so we will move on.

Assuming the premise that Jesus existed and was killed on a cross, we next have to ask why.

Now Islam states that God took Jesus off the cross so that another could die in his place, but why?

The answer is obvious. Mohammad identified Jesus as a prophet from God, as all religions do around the world, so why would God allow a prophet to die on a cross but not Mohammad?

After all, Mohammad converted with the sword and was a moderately successful warlord. Why? Because God is great and this is how God must work. How then could Jesus be any different? This is why I think the story was changed by Mohammad. Problem is, Jesus was 100% different than this.

Of course, throughout the OT you have other prophets suffering the same fate as Jesus, they were oppressed and martyred. So Mohammad glibly says that the Bible has been corrupted, so you can't take those accounts at face value either, and for the same reason.

But if you are not Muslim, the whole notion that God took Jesus off the cross and placed some other poor sod there is absurd.

But for those who are not Muslim and believe Jesus both existed and was crucified, what reasons other than the Biblical reason is there?

Jesus lived at the end of an age within his community that was rife with warmongering, worshiping idols, subverting the law of its most beloved prophet, and teaching an erroneous salvation. Israel was in conflict with herself. Her loyalties were divided between the faithless and the remnants, and by the time of their Messiah, the faithless had rendered her faith utterly lifeless.

He threatened their traditions. So, "Crucify, crucify him!" they shouted.
oh gee---the VALEDICTORIAN of the JELLY BEAN CLASS----uhm ---1956???

Why don't you read the book and find out? Why are you resisting. $1.97 (plus shipping probably) and you can have all your answers.
Find out what? Why Jesus was crucified?

Some eight-bit paperback isn't going to tell me anything new. Especially not one whose author thinks Jesus was a threat to Roman authority.

Find out what? Why Jesus was crucified?

Some eight-bit paperback isn't going to tell me anything new. Especially not one whose author thinks Jesus was a threat to Roman authority.
I guess it is important to you not to read things that won't confirm what you think you already know. Good luck.

Why don't you just cite it? Anything he says about Jesus threatening Rome will not confirm what I already know.
Because I don't have it in hand. After I read a book, I sometimes return it to the library. Why don't you pay the 2 dollars or check it out of the library?

Because it's wrong. How many ways should I say that?
So without reading you have decided it is wrong and you won't read it because you decided already it is wrong. Way to broaden your horizons.

The whole proving Jesus existed and was crucified seems fruitless.

As I said, evidence points to both as any historian worth their salt would agree to both because both secular and religious historical sources point to both truths. After all, there are very little things you can prove outside a math class.

People are free to disagree, so we will move on.

Assuming the premise that Jesus existed and was killed on a cross, we next have to ask why.

Now Islam states that God took Jesus off the cross so that another could die in his place, but why?

The answer is obvious. Mohammad identified Jesus as a prophet from God, as all religions do around the world, so why would God allow a prophet to die on a cross but not Mohammad?

After all, Mohammad converted with the sword and was a moderately successful warlord. Why? Because God is great and this is how God must work. How then could Jesus be any different? This is why I think the story was changed by Mohammad. Problem is, Jesus was 100% different than this.

Of course, throughout the OT you have other prophets suffering the same fate as Jesus, they were oppressed and martyred. So Mohammad glibly says that the Bible has been corrupted, so you can't take those accounts at face value either, and for the same reason.

But if you are not Muslim, the whole notion that God took Jesus off the cross and placed some other poor sod there is absurd.

But for those who are not Muslim and believe Jesus both existed and was crucified, what reasons other than the Biblical reason is there?
They don't believe Jesus was taken off the cross. They believe Judas was crucified. Muslims reject the idea that the purest of the prophets would not die such a cruel and humiliating death. Muhammad was the messenger for the people of the Arabian peninsula. He preached , Save yourselves. I cannot save you. Return to the God of Abraham. You basically don't know anything about Islam.

You said it was about Jesus threatening Roman authority. That's wrong. If you believe it, then you may believe any eight-bit paperback.
See, you have decided it is wrong before investigating it. That's a great way to insulate yourself from ideas that threaten you. Good luck with those blinders.

I alway wonder what the two thieves stole to get crucified. Can you imagine if that were the law in the West today? Proof once again, that harsh penalties dont work. The probably stole some food or a goat or something and they are dying beside Jesus. Wow.
Petty thieves were crucified. It was meant to humiliate and show the living how powerless they were to think they can break the rules.

Maybe this is what the unrepentant Shoplifters in CA need.

China does similar things today. Don't oppose the all powerful State.

Petty thieves were crucified. It was meant to humiliate and show the living how powerless they were to think they can break the rules.

Maybe this is what the unrepentant Shoplifters in CA need.

China does similar things today. Don't oppose the all powerful State.
See Hebrews 9:22.

You said it was about Jesus threatening Roman authority. That's wrong. If you believe it, then you may believe any eight-bit paperback.
He declared Himself king of the Jews. The Jewish leaders felt threatened by that because they loved their positions of authority the Romans ALLOWED them to have

Forum List

Back