Zone1 Why was Jesus crucified?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
This is in response to the thread about why Jews reject Jesus as Messiah

Answer this question and you get your answer to the other thread.

After all, the rejection of Jesus by the Jewish leaders of the time of Jesus is why he was rejected by Jews today.

"Those evil corrupt Jews crucified Jesus!"

Why yes, it is rather antisemitic.
Now, now, there may have been a good reason to nail him on a cross to die

The question is, why?

Antisemitism does not enter the picture since Jews were killing another Jew.

After all, the rejection of Jesus by the Jewish leaders of the time of Jesus is why he was rejected by Jews today.
I alway wonder what the two thieves stole to get crucified. Can you imagine if that were the law in the West today? Proof once again, that harsh penalties dont work. The probably stole some food or a goat or something and they are dying beside Jesus. Wow.

I alway wonder what the two thieves stole to get crucified. Can you imagine if that were the law in the West today? Proof once again, that harsh penalties dont work. The probably stole some food or a goat or something and they are dying beside Jesus. Wow.
Early in American history they hung thieves.

Back then, they did not have much of a jail system, and a much lower tolerance for such things as theft.

It kind of makes sense, considering everything you earned and bought back then was all done via your hard work

Today, however, people just expect the government to take care of them, and expect the state to turn a blind eye when minorities loot a store because the state really owes them due to past wrongs.

jesus repudiated the servitude of moses and their phony 10 commandments and taught the original religion of liberation theology, self determination he and those others during that time were willing to die for.

Now, now, there may have been a good reason to nail him on a cross to die

The question is, why?

Antisemitism does not enter the picture since Jews were killing another Jew.
I doubt Rome would care about a religious disagreement among Jews. Only if they believed Jesus was claiming to be the messiah (liberator of the Jews) would they bother with him.

Well that would be great!

Problem is, none of us have the book and probably will never bother to read it.

Care to comment on it?
None has it, but it is buyable. Bottom line is that it makes the case using historical documentation that the Romans killed Jesus because he was a political and military threat to them.

None has it, but it is buyable. Bottom line is that it makes the case using historical documentation that the Romans killed Jesus because he was a political and military threat to them.
I see, so the Jews blame the Romans.

I suppose then the Jews disavow wanting Jesus crucified for blasphemy then.

Why then did Rome crucify Jesus?

For a start , he was not crucified unto death , although the Sanhedrin wanted him discredited because he was an infernal pest . Pontius Pilate inadvertently foiled them by allowing Joseph of Arimathea to " buy him back"and of course the cornerstone of the cult never actually happened -- the Resurrection was a good invention . It beefed up the story for newcomers .

For a start , he was not crucified unto death , although the Sanhedrin wanted him discredited because he was an infernal pest . Pontius Pilate inadvertently foiled them by allowing Joseph of Arimathea to " buy him back"and of course the cornerstone of the cult never actually happened -- the Resurrection was a good invention . It beefed up the story for newcomers .
I'm only interested in what Jews say here.

For example, Mohammad taught that God took Jesus off the cross and put some other poor sod there to die for him.

Crazy.

Not interested on the myriad of stories made up like this.

I see, so the Jews blame the Romans.

I suppose then the Jews disavow wanting Jesus crucified for blasphemy then.

Why then did Rome crucify Jesus?
the Jews blamed the Romans? Fricke is a German lawyer who isn't Jewish. Why do you suddenly turn and blame Jews when I cited a book written by a non-Jew?

Also, Jesus did not commit blasphemy according to Jewish law. As stated (by the book and me, in my recap of it) Rome crucified Jesus because he was a political and military threat.

the Jews blamed the Romans? Fricke is a German lawyer who isn't Jewish. Why do you suddenly turn and blame Jews when I cited a book written by a non-Jew?

Also, Jesus did not commit blasphemy according to Jewish law. As stated (by the book and me, in my recap of it) Rome crucified Jesus because he was a political and military threat.
You stated that the Romans killed Jesus. I assume that is how Jews are perceiving it or no?

I dunno, you tell me.

What I do know is that Jesus never held a political seat nor guided an army or armed rebellion of any kind.

I'm only interested in what Jews say here.

For example, Mohammad taught that God took Jesus off the cross and put some other poor sod there to die for him.

Crazy.

Not interested on the myriad of stories made up like this.
Why? Do you just want them to feed you back the story that your cognitive rigidity demands . Far better to actually search for the most likely truth .

what "jewish leaders" rejected Jesus during his lifetime?

Roman Governor Pontius Pilate ordered his crucifixion. I don't he was Jewish.

the romans were one in the same as the crucifiers, christians who latter wrote the c-bible in the 4th century after persecuting the followers of the 1st century events of liberation theology, self determination.

Forum List

Back