Why There Is No Chance Donald Trump Will Take The Stand In His Own Defense

The5thHorseman

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2022
"I'm not going to sit there and let him look like an idiot," Dowd, who led Trump's team for the Russia investigation, is quoted as saying to Mueller during a meeting on March 5. The conversation is recounted in Woodward's new 448-page book, Fear: Trump in the White House. The details of the exchange were first reported by The Washington Post, which received an advanced copy of the book set to be released on September 11.

"And you publish that transcript, because everything leaks in Washington, and the guys overseas are going to say, 'I told you he was an idiot. I told you he was a goddamn dumbbell. What are we dealing with this idiot for?'" Dowd added.

Trump Would Be An 'Idiot' To Testify, Ex-Lawyer Says

That's a pretty hash assessment - from your personal attorney.

Harsh, but certainly fair.

How did ANYONE believe that this man is capable of handling the affairs of the Nation?

Were he to take the stand, we would probably learn that he cannot, in fact, read.

Had me going until I saw it was based on a book by Bob Woodward. :rolleyes:

Not that a lawyer violating lawyer-client privilege would have any credibility, no matter who wrote the book.

"I'm not going to sit there and let him look like an idiot," Dowd, who led Trump's team for the Russia investigation, is quoted as saying to Mueller during a meeting on March 5. The conversation is recounted in Woodward's new 448-page book, Fear: Trump in the White House. The details of the exchange were first reported by The Washington Post, which received an advanced copy of the book set to be released on September 11.

"And you publish that transcript, because everything leaks in Washington, and the guys overseas are going to say, 'I told you he was an idiot. I told you he was a goddamn dumbbell. What are we dealing with this idiot for?'" Dowd added.

How did ANYONE believe that this man is capable of handling the affairs of the Nation?

Were he to take the stand, we would probably learn that he cannot, in fact, read.

Look here, the mug shot was a huge BACKFIRE so now they're larping Trump taking the stand

hahahahhahaaha keep losing!

Why take the stand when the media and our government are giving him the grandest one of all?

By that, I mean constant media coverage and the right to campaign on it as a presidential candidate.

You don't need a stand when you can go directly to millions of potential voters to make your case or mount a defense.

Look thru Trump.com before making moronic statements:

1693136980790.png

• Banned
Look thru Trump.com before making moronic statements:

View attachment 820835
Accounting Firm Cuts Ties With Trump and Retracts Financial Statements https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/14/nyregion/mazars-trump-organization-financial-statements.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

He'd open his mouth and it would be instant conviction.

Why take the stand when the media and our government are giving him the grandest one of all?

By that, I mean constant media coverage and the right to campaign on it as a presidential candidate.

You don't need a stand when you can go directly to millions of potential voters to make your case or mount a defense.
Except that a jury will decide..

Had me going until I saw it was based on a book by Bob Woodward. :rolleyes:

Not that a lawyer violating lawyer-client privilege would have any credibility, no matter who wrote the book.
Well I doubt any defense lawyer in America representing Trump would want to put him on the stand, but how is this violating attorney-client privilege? He is not revealing anything confidential so far as I can tell.

Except that a jury will decide..

I'm not convinced that after this mugshot fiasco, the Powers that Be don't either dismiss the case or offer VERY appealing plea bargains. And I'm not talking about the powers on our side.

If the videos appearing on Tik Tok bear out on internal polling (that we will never see, btw) all your dreams are dead. Then what?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Obviously. But people like you decided long ago. Justice is not a concern for you, you need only win the game of political personal destruction.

I'm not convinced about those jury trials. Not now. Not after the mugshot fiasco.

We know this was NEVER about justice. It was all about politics. If the politics on this craters for the Left, they will backpedal, and fast.

Forum List

Back