Why the NFL and ESPN are pushing society further right, you are apolitical or you aren't..

Nobody is pushing anyone. The crazies on the left are challenging the traditions and beliefs of Americans and they are coming up short.

The who are upset about the disrespect to flag and anthem were upset long before the troops even came into the discussion. So that is a lie, right there.

They ARE disrespecting everything that the flag stands for and the people who have sacrificed for America. There simply is no way around that.

So, can you explain to me how you're disrespecting a symbol by exercising the very things it stands for? It's like saying you're disrespecting a car by driving it, or disrespecting a gun by shooting it. The rights symbolized by that flag aren't show pieces, to be talked about and looked at, but never used. Anyway, a Veteran is the one that told Kap' to start taking a knee, plenty of Veterans and Activity Duty support and acknowledge the right of this protest.

So quite frankly all you have is an Opinion, especially on this supposed disrespect for the troops, and unless you've served your opinion here is about as weighty as a collection of old toenails. That's besides the point though, the point is you have an opinion, not a fact, because even Troops are split, and I see this personally everyday.
That is a strawman argument meant to defelct from what is being said.

No one is telling them they cannot exercise their freedoms.

They are disrespecting the Anthem and the flag and everything it stands for. I, and millions of others like Me, also have the right to protest and we are. Until such time as the NFL, which has banned political speech in the past, returns the game to a non-political event, then every American who finds this disresectful should boycott the NFL, any sponsors of the NFL, and sponsors of individual players, and any business that promotes NFL gear, or shows NFL games.

Have a nice night.

It's incredibly ridiculous that you think exercising the very thing that damned Flag, and by extension the song ABOUT that flag stands for is insulting it. It doesn't make a LICK of sense and you certainly can't explain why it does. Even when a damned Veteran is the person who came up with the idea, I mean I don't care about the people who think it has no place in the NFL, but the Asinine crowd who think it disrespects this Nation...they're pretty much useless.

But yes, You have the right to Boycott and protest, and it certainly doesn't disrespect a damned thing. Now you're reason for doing it, that disrespects intelligence on several levels.

They are patriotic, not political.
Keep telling yourself that bub

It's true whether you approve or not.
The truth is that it is patriotic AND political

That's a stretch.
It is not a stretch at all. It is absolutely a political issue about how we use our military. There are many people who do not believe in war, our presence in other countries, the size of our military or the amount of money we spend every year on our military. When the Military makes a deal with the NFL in 2009 to stage military displays before and during games in an effort to market and recruit then it absolutely brings politics into sports. Between 2010 and 2013 the DOD spent 53 million of tax payers money on sports marketing contracts with professional teams.

I personally don't mind it as I respect our military and love standing for the anthem before games, i love it when the fighter jets fly over, and I love seeing our vets being recognized... But lets at least try to be honest about this conversation.

No, not at all. It's pure patriotism.

The who are upset about the disrespect to flag and anthem were upset long before the troops even came into the discussion. So that is a lie, right there.

They ARE disrespecting everything that the flag stands for and the people who have sacrificed for America. There simply is no way around that.

So, can you explain to me how you're disrespecting a symbol by exercising the very things it stands for? It's like saying you're disrespecting a car by driving it, or disrespecting a gun by shooting it. The rights symbolized by that flag aren't show pieces, to be talked about and looked at, but never used. Anyway, a Veteran is the one that told Kap' to start taking a knee, plenty of Veterans and Activity Duty support and acknowledge the right of this protest.

So quite frankly all you have is an Opinion, especially on this supposed disrespect for the troops, and unless you've served your opinion here is about as weighty as a collection of old toenails. That's besides the point though, the point is you have an opinion, not a fact, because even Troops are split, and I see this personally everyday.

They are disrespecting the Anthem and the flag and everything it stands for. I, and millions of others like Me, also have the right to protest and we are. Until such time as the NFL, which has banned political speech in the past, returns the game to a non-political event, then every American who finds this disresectful should boycott the NFL, any sponsors of the NFL, and sponsors of individual players, and any business that promotes NFL gear, or shows NFL games.

Have a nice night.

It's incredibly ridiculous that you think exercising the very thing that damned Flag, and by extension the song ABOUT that flag stands for is insulting it. It doesn't make a LICK of sense and you certainly can't explain why it does. Even when a damned Veteran is the person who came up with the idea, I mean I don't care about the people who think it has no place in the NFL, but the Asinine crowd who think it disrespects this Nation...they're pretty much useless.

But yes, You have the right to Boycott and protest, and it certainly doesn't disrespect a damned thing. Now you're reason for doing it, that disrespects intelligence on several levels.
I have explained it, ad nauseam. You people just don't like the answer. People who don't understand what the Anthem and Flag mean to Americans don't really have any intelligence to respect. However, if you want to know how people being offended is ACTUALLY having free speech silenced, go your local university and ask them about their free speech zones and what their policies are on 'micro-aggressions'.

You'll find that the University (a proxy for the State) are actually silencing people for speech they don't like. Unlike this case here, where we are not silencing anyone. We are, however, making sure they understand that they will have to pay the consequences for their ill-conceived nonsense.

Suck it up. They are wrong and they will hear from us about how they are wrong.

/thread

It's incredibly ridiculous that you think exercising the very thing that damned Flag, and by extension the song ABOUT that flag stands for is insulting it.

How do you feel about burning or pissing on our flag? What's the difference? Afraid to answer?

Last edited:
Keep telling yourself that bub

It's true whether you approve or not.
The truth is that it is patriotic AND political

That's a stretch.
It is not a stretch at all. It is absolutely a political issue about how we use our military. There are many people who do not believe in war, our presence in other countries, the size of our military or the amount of money we spend every year on our military. When the Military makes a deal with the NFL in 2009 to stage military displays before and during games in an effort to market and recruit then it absolutely brings politics into sports. Between 2010 and 2013 the DOD spent 53 million of tax payers money on sports marketing contracts with professional teams.

I personally don't mind it as I respect our military and love standing for the anthem before games, i love it when the fighter jets fly over, and I love seeing our vets being recognized... But lets at least try to be honest about this conversation.

No, not at all. It's pure patriotism.
Sure, with a good dose of politics like I just explained

You see, I think what bothers people the most is the clear double standard. This is not addressed enough by the media and I'm guessing it a major reason why people are upset and will become more patriotic, not less. Less supportive of these actions, not more supportive.

At ESPN, you have former hosts who are fired for their political views. Some well known like Schilling, then you have another host who shares their own political views, in a very dishonest and vulgar manner and she keeps her job. Double standard? Of course.

The NFL does not allow the Cowboys to wear a decal in support of the seven fallen Texas police officers who died, protecting the right of left wing protests by the way. Killed be an alt-left racist. They are told they cannot wear the decal because it is a political expression. However, kneeling for the anthem and disrespecting the flag in front of soldiers who have lost their limbs in some cases, well, that's a reasonable political expression.

You decide that as a company you are apolitical or you aren't. Since they have shown they are political, they can expect a backlash and a loss of interest for those who aren't political or who share a different political view. So, it will cost both companies, no question.

There is simply no ducking this fact, and I believe it will push many in society further right who view these subversive expressions as harming the United States. I am certainly one who would support the protesting and constructive discussion of police brutality and state abuses, I have experienced them first hand myself; but this is not the method nor the forum to do so. It's a sporting event. You are hurting your own cause, no matter what NBC and CNN tell you.
Televised sports programs should shut the fuck up on politics.

Think about it. Nobody with core values and a respect for the greatest Country in the world can be "pushed" into a political corner.. Americans are merely responding to an assault on their values and religion and patriotism by a border line psychotic angry and disappointed left. Why doesn't the democrat party take a stand about the obvious disrespect for the Flag? The short answer is that the angry and disappointed and leaderless democrat party is using the NFL as a political stooge and it is backfiring just like every other black bag operation democrats have been involved with in the last decade. Confused democrats are operating by an old political playbook that became obsolete the day the computer age was born. Stodgy old democrats still think they can pull off propaganda coups in the age of information and the freaking fools don't even realize that they have lost almost every important election in the last six years.

Have a nice night.

I have explained it, ad nauseam. You people just don't like the answer. People who don't understand what the Anthem and Flag mean to Americans don't really have any intelligence to respect. However, if you want to know how people being offended is ACTUALLY having free speech silenced, go your local university and ask them about their free speech zones and what their policies are on 'micro-aggressions'.

You'll find that the University (a proxy for the State) are actually silencing people for speech they don't like. Unlike this case here, where we are not silencing anyone. We are, however, making sure they understand that they will have to pay the consequences for their ill-conceived nonsense.

Suck it up. They are wrong and they will hear from us about how they are wrong.

/thread

Who the hell are you to tell anyone what the Flag or Anthem stand for? Who the hell are you to tell anyone who doesn't agree with your stance on the protests that their less American then you are, are as you seem to be implying aren't American at all? Perhaps you'll walk up to all the troops that think this isn't disrespecting them, the flag, or Anthem and tell them their less American then you are?

I'll wait for that to happen. In the meantime, Realize I don't think you;re less American...I just think you're an idiot.

It's incredibly ridiculous that you think exercising the very thing that damned Flag, and by extension the song ABOUT that flag stands for is insulting it.

How do you feel about burning or pissing on our flag? What's the difference? Afraid to answer?

The difference is you're not pissing or burning the damned flag. Or are you implying everyone who doesn't stand for the National Anthem is somehow pissing on or burning the flag? Mind you sitting down is considered far more uh, disrespectful.

The difference is you're not pissing or burning the damned flag. Or are you implying everyone who doesn't stand for the National Anthem is somehow pissing on or burning the flag? Mind you sitting down is considered far more uh, disrespectful.

Kneeling, burning and pissing on the flag are ALL free speech under the Constitution, and are ALL disrespectful. Why is kneeling acceptable to you but not burning or pissing on the flag? It seems that your principles are completely situational.

Kneeling, burning and pissing on the flag are ALL free speech under the Constitution, and are ALL disrespectful. Why is kneeling acceptable to you but not burning or pissing on the flag? It seems that your principles are completely situational.
Don’t people kneel when they pray? Is taking a knee really equal to pissing on and burning a flag to you?

Don’t people kneel when they pray? Is taking a knee really equal to pissing on and burning a flag to you?

Whether people kneel when they pray isn't relevant to this conversation. The point is that taking a knee, burning or pissing on the flag are merely different levels of disrespect. Why do you condone kneeling but take offense at the others?

Whether people kneel when they pray isn't relevant to this conversation. The point is that taking a knee, burning or pissing on the flag are merely different levels of disrespect. Why do you condone kneeling but take offense at the others?
Because one is pissing and burning while the other is taking a knee. I honestly don’t understand how you can equate them. It’s not hard to understand. The two are defacing the flag the other is simply making a statement to draw awareness towards a different cause.

You don’t have people pissing on and burning flags saying they respect the flag. You have people kneeling with their hands over their hearts saying the protest means no disrespect to the flag and our troops. It’s quite amazing that I really need to explain this to you.

You don’t have people pissing on and burning flags saying they respect the flag. You have people kneeling with their hands over their hearts saying the protest means no disrespect to the flag and our troops. It’s quite amazing that I really need to explain this to you.

It's quite amazing that you have to invent a fictional account of reality in order to support your feelings. The vast majority of NFL players were NOT "kneeling with their hands over their hearts saying the protest means no disrespect to the flag and our troops."

And you know it.

It's quite amazing that you have to invent a fictional account of reality in order to support your feelings. The vast majority of NFL players were NOT "kneeling with their hands over their hearts saying the protest means no disrespect to the flag and our troops."

And you know it.
What did I invent? I never said the vast majority, I said there were people who had their hands over their heart. Are you having comprehension issues?

nfl-kneel-ap-1506271477.jpg

And you know it.
What did I invent? I never said the vast majority, I said there were people who had their hands over their heart. Are you having comprehension issues?

Playing word games is not honest discussion. If it isn't widely practiced, why bring it up?

Well, how many times do they play the national anthem when people pray. As far as the pissing and burning, you may want to check with some of your liberal buddies on that one.

And you know it.

Playing word games is not honest discussion. If it isn't widely practiced, why bring it up?
Because we are talking about actions and you are trying to equate kneeling to pissing and burning. Show me somebody pissing on the flag who also sincerely has his hand over his heart like the player in the image I posted. Show me somebody burning the flag who sincerely says they mean no disrespect to the flag or our troops like many players are saying...

Well, how many times do they play the national anthem when people pray. As far as the pissing and burning, you may want to check with some of your liberal buddies on that one.
Huh? What point are you trying to make?

Huh? What point are you trying to make?

Well...and I'll go slow...you posted questions....and I responded to those questions.

Forum List

Back