Why the NFL and ESPN are pushing society further right, you are apolitical or you aren't..

You pointed your finger at me instead of addressing my statement. I posed a pretty detailed argument about specific issues and you responded with a petty unfounded insult, saying I lost the ability to speak honestly, and then posed 4 questions. Thats not a substantive way to engage in a discussion.

No, I did not point a finger at you; I merely parodied your statement that "We've lost the ability to speak honestly." You may have lost that ability, but I have not.

However, thank you for (finally) answering my questions. I believe that this "kneeling" activity is merely the latest iteration of the anti-Trump movement, which has now painted itself into an anti-American corner from which they may never escape. Crying Wolf only lasts so long, and the public is waking up to this charade.

The NFL is owned by a bunch of white billionaires (ok there's one Muslim ). What is liberal about the NFL!?
The Liberal Progressive movement is funded by "WHITE BILLIONAIRES" George Soros, Meg Whitman, Warren Buffet, Teresa Heinz [Heinz Ketchup, Michael Bloomberg, Sheryl Sandberg, Alice Walton [Walmart], Haim Saban, ................

You pointed your finger at me instead of addressing my statement. I posed a pretty detailed argument about specific issues and you responded with a petty unfounded insult, saying I lost the ability to speak honestly, and then posed 4 questions. Thats not a substantive way to engage in a discussion.

No, I did not point a finger at you; I merely parodied your statement that "We've lost the ability to speak honestly." You may have lost that ability, but I have not.

However, thank you for (finally) answering my questions. I believe that this "kneeling" activity is merely the latest iteration of the anti-Trump movement, which has now painted itself into an anti-American corner from which they may never escape. Crying Wolf only lasts so long, and the public is waking up to this charade.
I agree it has turned into an anti-trump statement in association with wanting to show support and spread awareness about racial issues in our country. The dishonesty coming from Trump is in his "branding" game that he has played his whole life. He is taking the "Patriotic" "Pro-military" stance on this argument trying to brand the protestors as anti-american. You obviously like the taste of that Kool-aid, as many others do as well. But the other half of the conversation and the core message of the protestors gets completely ignored which is why there is such a strong backlash.

The same thing happened with Black Lives Matter, a group that I am not a big fan of fyi.... But they had a core message similar to the football kneelers. And many on the "Right" ignored their core message and tried to rebrand them by saying "All lives matter" or "Blue lives matter"... Yes of course all lives matter, but thats not the topic at hand. It is a petty and transparent game that both sides play and all it does is divide. How about we all just grow up and talk about the subjects at hand in a honest way and stop with these petty games. Wishful thinking I know...

The dishonesty coming from Trump is in his "branding" game that he has played his whole life. He is taking the "Patriotic" "Pro-military" stance on this argument trying to brand the protestors as anti-american. You obviously like the taste of that Kool-aid, as many others do as well.

Trump is a master negotiator who is becoming a master politician. His "branding" pales in comparison with the "racist" label that has been used by the Left for decades. As for disrespecting our flag and national anthem, what could be more anti-American? These protesters have branded themselves more than anything Trump has done.

The dishonesty coming from Trump is in his "branding" game that he has played his whole life. He is taking the "Patriotic" "Pro-military" stance on this argument trying to brand the protestors as anti-american. You obviously like the taste of that Kool-aid, as many others do as well.

Trump is a master negotiator who is becoming a master politician. His "branding" pales in comparison with the "racist" label that has been used by the Left for decades. As for disrespecting our flag and national anthem, what could be more anti-American? These protesters have branded themselves more than anything Trump has done.
Mater negotiator?? Haha, have you been paying attention over the past 7 months?? He definitely likes to toot his own horn and he calls himself a master negotiator, but in reality and especially in politics he seems only able to burn bridges.

How many things did he say were going to happen so fast our heads will spin? The Wall with Mexico paying for it. No Repeal and replace Obamacare. No Tax reform, infrastructure, extreme vetting. No. No. No. He is all talk no substance.

You are right that he is a master of "branding" and he does it far better than the Left. But so what, that doesn't make him more right or more honest. I've already explained why his "unamerican" argument is dishonest. If you could listen and not just react then perhaps you would understand that.

Let me ask you something. Why was Jerry Jones, Trump supporter and owner of the Dallas Cowboys, down on one knee with arms locked with his team last night?

People are NOT happy that politics has polluted the sport, I guarantee it. So go ahead Progressives. Tie this whole disaster around your necks by endorsing it.
The left ruins everything it touches.

I agree. But in a way, the right wing is a drug addict, hopelessly addicted to Hollywood, sports and other venues that are cash cows for the Left.....and in that respect is just as guilty as the Progressives they complain about.

You can't buy stolen goods because they're cheap, then complain about burglaries in your community. Well, you "can", but it's kinda stupid.

Not really. The left is poisoning the sport with politics. The right is not.

Liberals will always tell you who they are...

Odell-Beckham.jpg

People are NOT happy that politics has polluted the sport, I guarantee it. So go ahead Progressives. Tie this whole disaster around your necks by endorsing it.

I agree. But in a way, the right wing is a drug addict, hopelessly addicted to Hollywood, sports and other venues that are cash cows for the Left.....and in that respect is just as guilty as the Progressives they complain about.

You can't buy stolen goods because they're cheap, then complain about burglaries in your community. Well, you "can", but it's kinda stupid.

A sport is a sport. Its a game. There has always been politics injected into it as some level from both sides. Ever notice the flag that covers the entire field? The F-16 fly overs, The national Anthem, Military solutes? All great things in my opinion but also political in nature. It comes from both sides. We have always had statements, protests, hold outs, and expression from people with a spotlight in every industry. Don't sit there pointing your finger at the "Left" while smelling you own shit and proclaiming that it smells yummy. Its disingenuous.

A sport is a sport. Its a game. There has always been politics injected into it as some level from both sides. Ever notice the flag that covers the entire field? The F-16 fly overs, The national Anthem, Military solutes? All great things in my opinion but also political in nature. It comes from both sides. We have always had statements, protests, hold outs, and expression from people with a spotlight in every industry. Don't sit there pointing your finger at the "Left" while smelling you own shit and proclaiming that it smells yummy. Its disingenuous.

They are patriotic, not political.

You see, I think what bothers people the most is the clear double standard. This is not addressed enough by the media and I'm guessing it a major reason why people are upset and will become more patriotic, not less. Less supportive of these actions, not more supportive.

At ESPN, you have former hosts who are fired for their political views. Some well known like Schilling, then you have another host who shares their own political views, in a very dishonest and vulgar manner and she keeps her job. Double standard? Of course.

The NFL does not allow the Cowboys to wear a decal in support of the seven fallen Texas police officers who died, protecting the right of left wing protests by the way. Killed be an alt-left racist. They are told they cannot wear the decal because it is a political expression. However, kneeling for the anthem and disrespecting the flag in front of soldiers who have lost their limbs in some cases, well, that's a reasonable political expression.

You decide that as a company you are apolitical or you aren't. Since they have shown they are political, they can expect a backlash and a loss of interest for those who aren't political or who share a different political view. So, it will cost both companies, no question.

There is simply no ducking this fact, and I believe it will push many in society further right who view these subversive expressions as harming the United States. I am certainly one who would support the protesting and constructive discussion of police brutality and state abuses, I have experienced them first hand myself; but this is not the method nor the forum to do so. It's a sporting event. You are hurting your own cause, no matter what NBC and CNN tell you.

ESPN is radical leftists.

Keep telling yourself that bub

Let me ask you something. Why was Jerry Jones, Trump supporter and owner of the Dallas Cowboys, down on one knee with arms locked with his team last night?

Because his team is 70% black and he doesn't want a walkout.

You see, I think what bothers people the most is the clear double standard. This is not addressed enough by the media and I'm guessing it a major reason why people are upset and will become more patriotic, not less. Less supportive of these actions, not more supportive.

At ESPN, you have former hosts who are fired for their political views. Some well known like Schilling, then you have another host who shares their own political views, in a very dishonest and vulgar manner and she keeps her job. Double standard? Of course.

The NFL does not allow the Cowboys to wear a decal in support of the seven fallen Texas police officers who died, protecting the right of left wing protests by the way. Killed be an alt-left racist. They are told they cannot wear the decal because it is a political expression. However, kneeling for the anthem and disrespecting the flag in front of soldiers who have lost their limbs in some cases, well, that's a reasonable political expression.

You decide that as a company you are apolitical or you aren't. Since they have shown they are political, they can expect a backlash and a loss of interest for those who aren't political or who share a different political view. So, it will cost both companies, no question.

There is simply no ducking this fact, and I believe it will push many in society further right who view these subversive expressions as harming the United States. I am certainly one who would support the protesting and constructive discussion of police brutality and state abuses, I have experienced them first hand myself; but this is not the method nor the forum to do so. It's a sporting event. You are hurting your own cause, no matter what NBC and CNN tell you.
Pouncey: Full Steelers team will stand Sunday

It's true whether you approve or not.

It's true whether you approve or not.
The truth is that it is patriotic AND political

Because his team is 70% black and he doesn't want a walkout.
Really? That’s your answer? Ok pal, you go with that

So what's YOUR answer, Brainiac? And what does it have to do with our flag and national anthem?
I don't like that they used the national anthem to stage the protest. I think Kapernick is an idiot and his silence right now is telling. However, I do believe that it is a worthy cause and many players that take a knee right now are passionate about the message they are supporting. I think that should be acknowledged and not demonized.

It is destructive to try and turn the focus on the flag or to call kneelers unpatriotic. Just like responding to "Black Lives Matter" with "All lives Matter" was counter productive.

If we just addressed the issues at hand then we could move forward. You could say, I don't like the protest happening during the national anthem, It is offensive to me, but as for the inequality issue I can support efforts to bring resources to our police, to better engage our law enforcement with the community, to better educate children etc. That is all these efforts are trying to produce but both sides inflame the situation into an "us vs them" thing that squabble about petty shit that has nothing to do with the core message.

Forum List

Back