Why the Kitty Cat Must DIE!

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Our 19 year old cat is way past his shelf life. And I cut him a lot of slack due to his age. Hell, I sympathize with him in many respects.

He is almost deaf and it is easy to walk up on him and surprise him, and I dont think he can see very well either.

So I forgive him for a whole bunch of things, like his pooping in almost any room he finds the urge in.

Like him knocking things off the shelves just because he still can.

Like pooping on my favorite chairs head rest.

Like chewing up my favorite historical atlas.

Like running outside every chance he gets and hiding and making us spend hours looking for his stupid fur-ball butt.

Like knocking the car keys onto the floor then pushing them under the couch.

Like running into the storage space under the stairs and refusing to come out.

Like not eating his food that has his medicine in it.

Etc, etc, etc, I could go on for many pages on his foibles, but I wont, as I think the point is made.

The continued life of this evil creature is a testament of my love for my wife who adores this little beast.

Until today.

What did he do?

He DESECRATED my Tom Brady Jersey.

I cannot say the details as my rage cannot be contained long enough to type it all out when I try to start.

Yes, he is still breathing for the moment as I assess his sentence.

Possibilities;

Put him in the shower stall and put the cold water on FULL.

Shave him with the electric razor.

Put duct tape on all four of his paws.

Hose him down with garden scent Glade air freshener.

I have not yet decided.

But his sentence will carried out in the morning.

Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.
― Christopher Hitchens, The Portable Atheist: Essential Readings for the Nonbeliever

Our 19 year old cat is way past his shelf life. And I cut him a lot of slack due to his age. Hell, I sympathize with him in many respects.

He is almost deaf and it is easy to walk up on him and surprise him, and I dont think he can see very well either.

So I forgive him for a whole bunch of things, like his pooping in almost any room he finds the urge in.

Like running outside every chance he gets and hiding and making us spend hours looking for his stupid fur-ball butt.

Etc, etc, etc, I could go on for many pages on his foibles, but I wont, as I think the point is made.

The continued life of this evil creature is a testament of my love for my wife who adores this little beast.

Until today.

What did he do?

I cannot say the details as my rage cannot be contained long enough to type it all out when I try to start.

Possibilities;

I have not yet decided.

You really wuv him, dontcha??? And will really really miss him when he's gone, huh?

But yeah, they do like to drive us nuts.

Until today.

What did he do?

Possibilities;

I have not yet decided.

Hahahahahaha! I feel your pain buddy.

You really wuv him, dontcha??? And will really really miss him when he's gone, huh?

I don't think cats are that willful. I think unadulterated self aggrandizing insouciance most aptly describes the feline way of decision making.

I don't think cats are that willful. I think unadulterated self aggrandizing insouciance most aptly describes the feline way of decision making.

I'm not so sure about that........when I was little I had a Siamese that would chew parts off a stuffed cat I had, or pee in my bed when I didn't pay enough attention to her because I was playing with my dolls or other toys. She was happy enough when I'd dress her up or include her somehow but if I ignored her or pushed her away, then she'd do something to get back at me.

I got into so much trouble because of her peeing on my bed, my mom thought I was doing it.....until she caught the cat.

I'm not so sure about that........when I was little I had a Siamese that would chew parts off a stuffed cat I had, or pee in my bed when I didn't pay enough attention to her because I was playing with my dolls or other toys. She was happy enough when I'd dress her up or include her somehow but if I ignored her or pushed her away, then she'd do something to get back at me.

I got into so much trouble because of her peeing on my bed, my mom thought I was doing it.....until she caught the cat.

I don't see how the behaviors you described counter my claim about how cats think and in turn act. The fact pattern you note can certainly be attributed to and are consistent with "unadulterated self aggrandizing insouciance." I put it succinctly, but seemingly that didn't work, so I guess I need to "spell it out."

Cats, inside one's home, will do what they want to do, and the only thing governing what they opt in fact to do is whether, at that moment, it pleases them to do it. For example, a cat uses a litter box, not because you want them to, but because they prefer peeing and pooping in the dirt and because they don't want their own piss and sh*t all over the place. If, however, there's an equally suitable spot for relieving themselves -- let's be honest, strictly speaking, pretty much any place is suitable enough -- and that holds no special appeal to them, they will gladly "mark" that place by peeing there, thus denying others the joy of using that spot for something of their own choosing. In a cat's mind, if it doesn't want to use a spot for something other than relieving itself, then clearly nobody else does or should, and a cat will act to enforce it view in that regard.

Our cat firmly believes in his 2nd Amendment right to self protection...

20170419_172001.jpg

Last edited:
idk what to say.

Most of the cats I've had wanted to be close to me, especially just before they died.

I think JimBowie1958 's cat is trying to tell him, he's going to be around for awhile yet.......just to piss him off :badgrin:

Probably.

I decided to give him a reprieve since the reaction from the missus would likely be many times worse on me than anything I was considering.

When I told her what happened, she laughed and said "Ah, the poor kitty!"

I tell you, it's a conspiracy between those two!

Yeah, same here with my cat and the car keys. MY memory isnt the best anyway, so I do occasionally misplace them, but the cat knocks them on the floor then under the couch! He does it all the time, so much I look there like it is a regular place someone might have put them.

He is more trouble than he is worth, in my book, but he keeps the wife happy, usually.

Our cat firmly believes in his 2nd Amendment right to self protection...

View attachment 122431
Nothing in the Second Amendment omits cats.

I ain't saying I never shot a cat.
It was probably better that I did.

Living way out in the sticks you dont have vets available often times, to take a cat and have it put down. So a friend of mine I knew had to kill his cat, did it while the cat slept. It had some kind of cancer and it was in almost constant pain.

He couldnt ever talk about it and if you pushed the subject he would go nuts.

Forum List

Back