Why the Kitty Cat Must DIE!

I recently had to put my precious little girl down. She was barely breathing, she was pooping black tar. I could not bear to see her struggling for every breath knowing that nothing would help her.

When she was given that first shot, the one to relax her, she was afraid. There was panic in her eyes. I held her close and told her to stay close to me. We would be together forever. Then they gave her the second shot and she was gone. I still miss her terribly.

As chance would have it. I was at the vet's office meeting a friend with his dog. I saw this little poodle. He was emaciated, the smell coming from his infected ears make most people gag. I said "If no one wants you, call me." I thought he was a rescue with his new mom. He was with a vet tech. She handed me his leash and said "Here you go." Henry was indeed a rescue looking for a forever home. He has one tooth in his head. I have to medicate his ears twice a day. He doesn't bark. He doesn't give kisses. He does cuddle, all the time. For weeks he wouldn't even ask for food. Now he will give a very low and polite "wuff". He knows what snacks are and will give a hopeful look to get one. He's never pushy.

I miss my little girl so much. She was with me her whole life since she was a tiny puppy. Henry gives me something to do. I again have someone to care for. He needs to be fed, walked, petted, cuddled, and medicated.

That is wonderful that you took Henry home. He is learning to love & trust again. He won't replace your little girl dog, but will give you every reason to love him in his own right.

I think cats actually prefer mopiness. I think it makes them happy lol.

But dogs will engage in it themselves, and it's not their natural way of being. If you are happy around a dog, that dog is going to be happy, no matter what his past. It's just the way they are, it's what makes them special.

I think cats actually prefer mopiness. I think it makes them happy lol.

But dogs will engage in it themselves, and it's not their natural way of being. If you are happy around a dog, that dog is going to be happy, no matter what his past. It's just the way they are, it's what makes them special.
Human beings and dogs kind of evolved together. I dont think you can seriously speak of human evolution without including tools and dogs in that analysis.

I had seen a Native American version of this years ago and have always remembered the story, but can't find it now. This is as close as I can find.....

When man 1st sinned against God he was kicked out of Paradise and a great chasm separated him from all the other animals as a punishment. Most animals accepted the separation and actually felt safer because man was now to be a hunter of many of them. All but one animal. This animal watched in distress as the chasm grew wider and man receded into the distance. This animal circled anxiously and finally at the last possible moment made a desperate leap across the chasm with just its paws reaching the edge of the precipice. Man reached down and grabbed the paws of Dog and held him. Ever since that day dog has been man’s best friend. Perhaps God had a change of heart at the last moment and helped dog with his leap so man would have at least one devoted animal companion and also perhaps it was no accident that this animal’s name was the name of God spelled backwards.
(Freely adapted from several Indian Tales)

Forum List

Back