Why So Many Gray Cars ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
When I look at my apartment window at the parking lot below, I see almost entirely gray cars. And the rest are black or white, with a few maroon ones (another dull color). My car is red. Then there one Camaro which is a brilliant orange. if it weren't for these 2 cars, you'd think you were looking at a 1950s black & white TV show.

I decided to check out the colors of cars on the road. Sure enough. They're mostly all gray. What's the matter people ? Don't you believe in color any more ? I remember back in the 50s, cars were colorful, and often even 2 tone colors.

Gray cars are not only dull looking, they van also be hazardous. The Dept of Highway Safety says the safest color for a car is yellow (high visiblity both at night and in fog). 2nd best is orange. 3rd is red. The worst > gray (least visiblitly in fog).

So if you have a gray car, get down to the nearest auto paint shop, and get some color on your car.

1050s-yellow-Ford-thunderbird.jpg

images
images

6258111551_09c68180b3_b.jpg

Last edited:
When I look at my apartment window at the parking lot below, I see almost entirely gray cars. And the rest are black or white, with a few maroon ones (another dull color). My car is red. Then there one Camaro which is a brilliant orange. if it weren't for these 2 cars, you'd think you were looking at a 1950s black & white TV show.

I decided to check out the colors of cars on the road. Sure enough. They're mostly all gray. What's the matter people ? Don't you believe in color any more ? I remember back in the 50s, cars were colorful, and often even 2 tone colors.

Gray cars are not only dull looking, they van also be hazardous. The Dept of Highway Safety says the safest color for a car is yellow (high visiblity both at night and in fog). 2nd best is orange. 3rd is red. The worst > gray (least visiblitly in fog).

So if you have a gray car, get down to the nearest auto paint shop, and get some color on your car.

images
images

My car is grey because of the salt needed to keep the roads and bridges from freezing up with Global Warming. When I finally get to a car wash, it will be the Maroon color that I purchased it with.

2015_toyota_highlander_le_maroon_in_san_marcos_texas_6790009413813631926.jpg

great question--I have a grey car !!!!!!!!
is it cheaper to paint them gray?
I buy slightly used cars, so color doesn't matter to me....price does...so I didn't pick the color
my previous cars were:
white
maroon
red

Gray cars are perfect camouflage for the coming zombie apocalypse. Just sayin.....

My car is grey because of the salt needed to keep the roads and bridges from freezing up with Global Warming. When I finally get to a car wash, it will be the Maroon color that I purchased it with.

Why maroon ? What a dull color. It looks like the perfect color (for a funeral parlor) :rolleyes:

I buy slightly used cars, so color doesn't matter to me....price does...so I didn't pick the color
my previous cars were:
white
maroon
red
You are 1 for 4.

Why maroon ? What a dull color. It looks like the perfect color (for a funeral parlor) :rolleyes:
When I run over the Prius with the Obama/Biden bumper stickers, the last thing they will see, is the maroon funeral parlor car.....

images
images

Red is a cop magnet.

images
images

Red is a cop magnet.

Yup. "Arrest me red" is what we call it...

my previous cars were:
white
maroon
red

Damn how old are you?

I couldn't even count the cars I have had much less the color.

images
images

^^^^ I do not like those ice cream colours look like Gangsta Pimp autos.

This not about auto colours, though I only like black autos but I think the most fantastic auto America has ever designed and produced from an aesthetic point is the 1963/1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) it is very sexy and perfect and it looks GREAT from ALL angles, it is BEYOND beautiful and 100% GORGEOUS and pretty much orgasm inducing, the below is the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2):

chevrolet-corvette-c-5.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-c-2_600x0w.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette-1.jpg

291022_3eb66b166e_low_res.JPG

57c2468d0b52eab1a15acc5e4fafa917.jpg

c3b6ffc4cb2c562e8fff8e2c8d92be03.jpg

092515_8.jpg

The model the year before the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) they had rear split window looking very FANTASTIC not sure why they only produced the rear split window only in 1963 and then never another time, I'll have to Google and see if I can find why, the below is the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) with the rear split window, again GORGEOUS and pretty much orgasm inducing:

1963-Corvette-Stingray-Canepa-0.jpg

1963-chevrolet-corvette-sting-ray-rear.jpg

fa08e563cd2117e80a6f12b613538db0.jpg

1963-chevy-corvette-split-window-coupe-powerglide-power-windows-power-steering-1.jpg

1963_Chevrolet_Corvette_Coupe_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg

This not about auto colours, though I only like black autos but I think the most fantastic auto America has ever designed and produced from an aesthetic point is the 1963/1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) it is very sexy and perfect and it looks GREAT from ALL angles, it is BEYOND beautiful and 100% GORGEOUS and pretty much orgasm inducing, the below is the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2):

Chevrolet-Corvette-1.jpg

092515_8.jpg

The model the year before the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) they had rear split window looking very FANTASTIC not sure why they only produced the rear split window only in 1963 and then never another time, I'll have to Google and see if I can find why, the below is the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) with the rear split window, again GORGEOUS and pretty much orgasm inducing:

1963-chevy-corvette-split-window-coupe-powerglide-power-windows-power-steering-1.jpg

upload_2018-1-22_12-41-4.jpeg
Start your own thread on this.

Chevrolet-Corvette-1.jpg

092515_8.jpg

View attachment 172928 Start your own thread on this.

We are in General Discussion not Zone 2 and I'm not Off Topic because the topic is Autos.

images
images

Chevrolet-Corvette-1.jpg

092515_8.jpg

Damn I wish I could of drove that car, I did get to drive a Ford Pantera once with the Cleveland motor..

It was sweet ..

pantera4.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette-1.jpg

092515_8.jpg

View attachment 172928 Start your own thread on this.

I will also start my own thread about that GORGEOUS car, I bet my thread gets more responses than your stupid thread with you telling everyone that cars in ice cream colours that look like Gangsta Pimps wearing Bling Bling would drive them are somehow sophisticated. With that of course I expect you to be devoid of taste and unable to appreciate a thing of BEAUTY like the 1963/1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2)

Forum List

Back