Why Progressives always call it "Reform"

Um, if it's just between me and my doctor, why is the government requiring it to be stored electronically?

They're not.

So this is made up? Thanks for the heads up

Electronic Health Records and Privacy Law

"President Obama has declared that electronic medical records will "reduce error rates, reduce our long-term cost of health care and create jobs." ("Obama's Prime Time Press Briefing," The New York Times, Feb. 9, 2009.) Congress has authorized $19 billion to implement provisions of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009 intended to accelerate the adoption and use of "certified electronic health record technology" during the next several years by hospitals and physicians that provide services to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries. (H.R. 1, 111th Cong. §§ 4001-4201 (2009).) Professionals and hospitals that fail to implement EHR technology by 2014 stand to suffer reductions in Medicare reimbursements. "

You can't even go to the Doctor you want to go to in a lot of cases, I went to one of those clinics on the weekend several months back and I really liked the Doctor but he said that;due to regulations; he could not be my regular Doctor. Shouldn't that be his choice or mine instead of governments?

You can't even go to the Doctor you want to go to in a lot of cases, I went to one of those clinics on the weekend several months back and I really liked the Doctor but he said that;due to regulations; he could not be my regular Doctor. Shouldn't that be his choice or mine instead of governments?

i think right now the choice is your insurance company's... not the government.

and doctors choose the insurance plans they accept.

"President Obama has declared that electronic medical records will "reduce error rates, reduce our long-term cost of health care and create jobs." ("Obama's Prime Time Press Briefing," The New York Times, Feb. 9, 2009.) Congress has authorized $19 billion to implement provisions of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009 intended to accelerate the adoption and use of "certified electronic health record technology" during the next several years by hospitals and physicians that provide services to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries. (H.R. 1, 111th Cong. §§ 4001-4201 (2009).) Professionals and hospitals that fail to implement EHR technology by 2014 stand to suffer reductions in Medicare reimbursements. "

Participation in the Medicare and Medicare EHR incentives programs is not mandatory (that's why they're "incentives programs"). You should know this, as you've commented in the thread in which I described the program.

i think right now the choice is your insurance company's... not the government.

and doctors choose the insurance plans they accept.

A lot of it is the insurance companies that the Doctors will accept or that the Doctors that the insurance companies will accept like in HMO's but there are tons of State and Federal rules and regulations that add costs and restrictions into the equation also.

Participation in the Medicare and Medicare EHR incentives programs is not mandatory (that's why they're "incentives programs"). You should know this, as you've commented in the thread in which I described the program.

So I need to find a doctor who will not take Medicare or Medicaid patients, that should be easy

Golly, you guys have this "reform" thing down pat.

Oh, must this imaginary doctor also be affiliated with a hospital that does not accept Medicare or Medicaid either?

Last edited:
So I need to find a doctor who will not take Medicare or Medicaid patients, that should be easy

Or you could explain to your doctor that you're afraid of technology; if he's implementing an EHR system tell him you prefer a paper record, which, of course, makes privacy breaches impossible.

No one is forcing your doctor to use EHRs. If he decides to and you find that inconvenient, that's very sad for you. My condolences.

I admire the skill with which Progressives have undermined and fundamentally altered American society and civilization. They are patient, they are cunning and they are absolutely ruthless.

One of the marvelous ways they've Body Snatched our civilization is by couching their fundamental changes as "reforms"

Health Care Reform now means real live genuine Eugenicists and a President who has stated he is "God's partner in matter of live and death" now have control of the health care system.

The idea of selling a fundamental rewrite as "Reform" is not new. One reason the Progressive have been so successful is that they have sabotaged the educational system.

Machiavelli's "The Prince" and "Discourses" was required reading at one point and most, if not all of our Founders knew the work.

I went through NYC public education and then Queens College then Manhattan College. But for a 7th Grade class that studied Dante and read "The Inferno" (the last line of Chapter XXI where Dante and Virgil receive a signal they can pass when the Guardian "Makes a trumpet of his ass" had us in hysterics for weeks and gave us a love of the classics) I never picked up The Prince.

I did now and I HIGHLY recommend you do the same!

CHAPTER XXV

That he who would reform the Institutions of a free State, must retain at least the semblance of old Ways.

WHOEVER TAKES UPON HIM to reform the government of a city, must, if his measures are to be well received and carried out with general approval, preserve at least the semblance of existing methods, so as not to appear to the people to have made any change in the old order of things; although, in truth, the new ordinances differ altogether from those which they replace. For when this is attended to, the mass of mankind accept what seems as what is; nay, are often touched more nearly by appearances than by realities.

http://www2.hn.psu.edu/faculty/jmanis/machiavelli/Machiavelli-Discourses-Titus-Livius.pdf

Sounds familiar?

Frank,

Reform to progressives also means Obfuscation of the language.

Words mean things and they know this...therefore everything is redefined. THIS is how they get away with it. After all? They have a choke hold on the education system for all intents and purposes.

The dummies they claim to care about will NEVER KNOW the difference anyway...:eusa_shhh: [in their minds...but thing is THEY KNOW..Hello Tea Party that they LOATHE]

And besides? They can't be honest about whom they and when they are? they KNOW they are unelectable.. 'Gotcha Games' for the sake of their power over those they CLAIM TO CARE ABOUT are of more import. They LIVE IN A WORLD OF LIES.

~T

-TRUTH-

I admire the skill with which Progressives have undermined and fundamentally altered American society and civilization. They are patient, they are cunning and they are absolutely ruthless.

We abhore taking credit where credit isn't due, and we will never be able to match the cunning of WMDs or the ruthlessness of chaining & detaining, torturing, murdering & raping of innocent women and children. I can't see how we could ever alter our society more than that.

One of the marvelous ways they've Body Snatched our civilization is by couching their fundamental changes as "reforms"

Health Care Reform now means real live genuine Eugenicists and a President who has stated he is "God's partner in matter of live and death" now have control of the health care system.

Yes, isn't Health Care Reform a beautiful humanitarian effort by Christians in this christian country. Amen

The idea of selling a fundamental rewrite as "Reform" is not new. One reason the Progressive have been so successful is that they have sabotaged the educational system.

I guess ever since Bush enacted educational reform, you are saying it has been sabotaged? What did Bush do you didn't like? Bush a progressive? Hmm. Or was there some reform by Obama I missed, that sabotaged eduction?

WHOEVER TAKES UPON HIM to reform the government of a city, must, if his measures are to be well received and carried out with general approval, preserve at least the semblance of existing methods, so as not to appear to the people to have made any change in the old order of things; although, in truth, the new ordinances differ altogether from those which they replace. For when this is attended to, the mass of mankind accept what seems as what is; nay, are often touched more nearly by appearances than by realities.

And you think reform didn't include a semblance of existing methods?

Last edited:

Or you could explain to your doctor that you're afraid of technology; if he's implementing an EHR system tell him you prefer a paper record, which, of course, makes privacy breaches impossible.

No one is forcing your doctor to use EHRs. If he decides to and you find that inconvenient, that's very sad for you. My condolences.

I noticed Greenie that you chose to CHERRY PICK Frank's Statement.

WHY is that?

*I* SEE The EDIT at the SAME TIME...Curious. So Frank is a LIAR. Is that what you profess?

No, it isn't. What the hell is wrong with you? His edits and my post apparently came out at the same time, meaning when I wrote my response it was to the original post, sans the text he inserted in his edit. His edits came out after my response was written--get it? How that translates into a lie on Frank's part, I don't know. Or selectivity on my part, for that matter.

You're the only one insinuating dishonesty on someone's part, dipshit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back