Why Progressives always call it "Reform"

You've described the Progressives Utopia where the government gets to track the activities of every citizen (Subjects or conquered also works)

You're embarrassing yourself again. But I'll take your vacuous responses as a tacit admission that you're in over you head in this area and have no idea how to discuss HIE issues.

You're calling it "reform"...

No. I'm explicitly not calling it reform. "Health care reform" refers to something else. Are you even reading my posts?

Your posts are pretty much gibberish and not worth the electrons killed in making them.

You can spin and point and parse but at the end of the day the American Federal Government has no business monitoring its citizen in a free society. None!

It's not in the Constitution. It violates the Bill of Rights and it is four square in opposition to our Founding Principles. It's only 100 years of Progressive Counter Revolution that gotten you this far so that you can even attempt to pass this off as reasonable.

While we have a lot of work ahead of us, I give it a generation of 8 4-year election cycles to get us to some semblance of being a "Free Country", it sucks to be you and I wouldn't trade places with you for anything!

Your media monopoly is finished. You don't control the facts or the debate. All you are is a another Jake Starkey full of wonderful reasons why Progressivism rocks but at least your honest about your anti-American agenda and not pretending to be a "Centrist". I give you credit for that.

You can spin and point and parse but at the end of the day the American Federal Government has no business monitoring its citizen in a free society. None!

...and it's not. The EHR incentives program doesn't involve the federal government monitoring its citizens. Is that clear enough or are you still just getting gibberish? Apologies, I've never tried to convey the provisions of HITECH at a third grade level before but I'm trying.

...and it's not. The EHR incentives program doesn't involve the federal government monitoring its citizens. Is that clear enough or are you still just getting gibberish? Apologies, I've never tried to convey the provisions of HITECH at a third grade level before but I'm trying.

You share with Jake Starkey the amusing notion that if you lie often enough you'll convince people white is black.

"Section 3001 The National Coordinator shall, in consultation with other appropriate Federal agencies (including the National Institute of Standards and Technology), update the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan (developed as of June 3, 2008) to include specific objectives, milestones, and metrics with respect to the following: (i) The electronic exchange and use of health information and the enterprise integration of such information.‘‘(ii) The utilization of an electronic health record for each person in the United States by 2014."

It's is a Federal Guideline and I reject the notion that this is a Constitutional action, even under the "Good and Welfare" Clause.

Maybe I can help since comprehension of things you read doesn't seem to be your strong suit. What in there are you interpreting as government monitoring of its citizens? The use of health records? The facilitation of the movement of those records between providers as you move from one doctor to another? Integration of technology into practices?

Maybe I can help since comprehension of things you read doesn't seem to be your strong suit. What in there are you interpreting as government monitoring of its citizens? The use of health records? The facilitation of the movement of those records between providers as you move from one doctor to another?

The fact that the Federal Government thinks it should stand between me and my doctor. I find it patently unAmerican but totally Progressive.

And how is the federal government standing between you and your doctor?

See, Saul, Jr., when I was got sick, my Dad would call the doctor, he'd drive up in his Cadillac, check me out, write a script. My Dad would pay him in cash or a check, and that was the extent of the relationship.

This puts the government squarely in the way. "Section 3001 The National Coordinator shall, in consultation with other appropriate Federal agencies (including the National Institute of Standards and Technology), update the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan (developed as of June 3, 2008) to include specific objectives, milestones, and metrics with respect to the following: (i) The electronic exchange and use of health information and the enterprise integration of such information.‘‘(ii) The utilization of an electronic health record for each person in the United States by 2014."

This puts the government squarely in the way. "Section 3001 The National Coordinator shall, in consultation with other appropriate Federal agencies (including the National Institute of Standards and Technology), update the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan (developed as of June 3, 2008) to include specific objectives, milestones, and metrics with respect to the following: (i) The electronic exchange and use of health information and the enterprise integration of such information.‘‘(ii) The utilization of an electronic health record for each person in the United States by 2014."

How? What is it you think that means?

Maybe I can help since comprehension of things you read doesn't seem to be your strong suit. What in there are you interpreting as government monitoring of its citizens? The use of health records? The facilitation of the movement of those records between providers as you move from one doctor to another? Integration of technology into practices?

So my health is no longer my business? When did I become too stupid to be my own advocate?

Your desire to convert us to subjects and wards of the state is really ugly.

Did you gloss over this?

"See, Saul, Jr., when I was got sick, my Dad would call the doctor, he'd drive up in his Cadillac, check me out, write a script. My Dad would pay him in cash or a check, and that was the extent of the relationship."

I don't need the Federal Government between me and my doctor.

So my health is no longer my business? When did I become too stupid to be my own advocate?

Again, you're not getting this. One of the points is to make health records into something you can access and take ownership of--that is, remaking them into personal health records.

Do you instant access to your health record right now? Can you view and take ownership of its contents with a few keystrokes? And if the answer is no (which for the overwhelming majority of American it currently is) and you want to be your own advocate, why would you oppose that?

Again, I owe you thanks for proving again and again how Progressives operate; how totalitarianism is sold as "reform"

Did you gloss over this?

"See, Saul, Jr., when I was got sick, my Dad would call the doctor, he'd drive up in his Cadillac, check me out, write a script. My Dad would pay him in cash or a check, and that was the extent of the relationship."

Yes, I glossed over it since it's completely unrelated to what we're discussing. Are we done with the health information technology thing now?

Again, you're not getting this. One of the points is to make health records into something you can access and take ownership of--that is, remaking them into personal health records.

Do you instant access to your health record right now? Can you view and take ownership of its contents with a few keystrokes? And if the answer is no (which for the overwhelming majority of American it currently is) and you want to be your own advocate, why would you oppose that?

You keep trying to tell me you know better and it's for my own good and I keep telling you you have no authority to make it so. None!

And in any event you really, truly picked the wrong guy to have this discussion with.

I have the results of all my tests going back at least 10 years and am an extremely well educated advocate for my own health.

If you're not -- that's you're problem, don't make it mine.

We're from the gubmint, and we're here to help! :rolleyes:

We're from the gubmint, and we're here to help! :rolleyes:

You must be a racist since if you weren't you'd know that the current folks running the federal government are perfect beings, beyond reproach and that includes the ones that cheat on their taxes, attack college students on the streets, cheat on their wives, berate their constituents in public and engage in whatever other behavior us peons would get our heads bashed in or thrown in jail for ...in fact rumor has it you don't understand the concept of OLIGARCHY at all!,,,,, reactionary DICK... :redface:

P.S. Wake me up when Atlas Shrugs I wanna see that.

Did you gloss over this?

THIS is the way healthcare SHOULD be. Cheap enough for the common person to afford this and receive this kind of service.

The best situation would be to get not only government out from in between, and stick to being consumer safety and fraud protection. Not to mention the pharmaceutical companies go back to being banned from advertising prescription medications to the public at large. One of the biggest mistakes of the Clinton admin right there was to remove that ban. Just think if you could buy 'memberships' to hospital chains like you do health clubs with levels of care. How much cheaper would that be to have a doctor on retainer and have insurance ONLY for catastrophic medical coverage again instead of this bullshit pseudo pre-paid medicine it's become today.

We have drifted so far from sanity on this issue and clouded it with fantasies like calling it a right or that government is the only way to administer medicine. We need to get back to basics. Constitutional basics as well as common sense.

But first, we must remove the force pushing the insanity: The Progressofascists who see this only as a means to their own personal power.

Forum List

Back