Why Progressives always call it "Reform"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrusaderFrank, Jul 11, 2010.

1. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,086
    I admire the skill with which Progressives have undermined and fundamentally altered American society and civilization. They are patient, they are cunning and they are absolutely ruthless.

One of the marvelous ways they've Body Snatched our civilization is by couching their fundamental changes as "reforms"

Health Care Reform now means real live genuine Eugenicists and a President who has stated he is "God's partner in matter of live and death" now have control of the health care system.

The idea of selling a fundamental rewrite as "Reform" is not new. One reason the Progressive have been so successful is that they have sabotaged the educational system.

Machiavelli's "The Prince" and "Discourses" was required reading at one point and most, if not all of our Founders knew the work.

I went through NYC public education and then Queens College then Manhattan College. But for a 7th Grade class that studied Dante and read "The Inferno" (the last line of Chapter XXI where Dante and Virgil receive a signal they can pass when the Guardian "Makes a trumpet of his ass" had us in hysterics for weeks and gave us a love of the classics) I never picked up The Prince.

I did now and I HIGHLY recommend you do the same!

CHAPTER XXV

That he who would reform the Institutions of a free State, must retain at least the semblance of old Ways.

WHOEVER TAKES UPON HIM to reform the government of a city, must, if his measures are to be well received and carried out with general approval, preserve at least the semblance of existing methods, so as not to appear to the people to have made any change in the old order of things; although, in truth, the new ordinances differ altogether from those which they replace. For when this is attended to, the mass of mankind accept what seems as what is; nay, are often touched more nearly by appearances than by realities.

http://www2.hn.psu.edu/faculty/jmanis/machiavelli/Machiavelli-Discourses-Titus-Livius.pdf

Sounds familiar?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    poor insane frank..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,086
    Saul would be proud!

Knowing that you have nothing other than ridicule means I've already won the debate.

We'll discuss your terms of surrender after I've had my bagel and coffee

4. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,086
    Jillian, go dial up the Liberal Intellectual Elite Hotline and see if you can get one of them to come to your aid.

5. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    There is nothig to aid because there is nothing there. There is only Jillian reading your post and saying "damn, that just CAN"T be true. It CANT!" And then responding the only way she knows: Personal insults, which she simply recycles from one user to another.

On the topic, even the name Progressive is devious. WHo can be against "progress"? It is a change from their old name of Liberal because that fell into disrepute.
    Obama and his clique have torn the kishkas out of this country. It is up to the American voter to take it back, starting in November.

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    I cannot think of a single leader who ever attained power by saying to the masses...

Hey! I'm gonna fuck you and your country up!

The problem with granting people power is that those who truly WANT it, are probably the people who least deserve to have it.​

Good kings are as rare as chickenlips.​

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,525
    Maybe because it is reform

Taking the backward, punitive policies of the Conservatives and transforming it into a modern agenda ....is reform

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  8. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    You mean punitive policies like taxing anyone who doesn't buy mandatory health insurance?

9. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Reform can be substituted with the word control.

10. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    You must have a rich inner life.

The idea does trace its roots to conservatives in the late '80s/early '90s.