Why Over Half of Prince’s Estate Will Go to the Government

Why do you think that an inheritance tax is wrong- but an income tax or a sales tax is okay?
I explained it above. The wealth is what you have after paying all your taxes. The government confiscating even more out of pure greed, especially at such a vulnerable horrible time is inhuman. But they are bloodsuckers after all.

Okay- so this just emotionally offends you.

Doesn't offend me any more than any other tax- frankly I think it is the least burdensome tax there is, since it does not take away any money that any living person owns- it just means that people who didn't earn the money get less of it.

Im not a fan of Prince but this is wrong on so many levels
Why Over Half of Prince's Estate Will Go to the Government

I don't quite understand what is wrong with this.

What makes any tax right or wrong?

Nobody likes paying taxes- but I can certainly say paying taxes after I have died is the least painful way I can think of.
What's to understand? Some people would rather their family gets what they earned, not the government. In fact, I'm sure most people fall into that category. Not everyone is like you, hard to believe I know.

Clearly Prince didn't care that much about what his family got since he didn't bother to have a will or take any steps to ensure that they got anything.

But that isn't really my point.

Why do you think that an inheritance tax is wrong- but an income tax or a sales tax is okay?

An income tax taxes the person who has earned the money. A sales tax taxes the person who has the money.
An inheritance tax doesn't tax any living person- doesn't take money away from anyone- they just get less of what wasn't theirs to begin with.

I can understand your opposition if you are someone who doesn't believe any of us should pay any taxes whatsoever. But if you understand that we have to pay for our government through taxes- why do you think that an inheritance tax is wrong- but an income tax is okay?

The money still belongs to the individual who earned it...not the government.....and they should have their desire for who gets it obeyed. We should have a flat tax......that covers earning money.......

We don't have a flat tax. And why is tax on income somehow more 'fair' than an income tax?

While a flat tax has an emotional appeal as being fair- it would be equally 'fair' to have a flat tax on wealth- or a flat tax on inheritance.

Oh and by the way- Prince didn't tell anyone what he wanted done with his money- the government ends up deciding who gets his money.

Nobody likes paying taxes- but I can certainly say paying taxes after I have died is the least painful way I can think of.
What's to understand? Some people would rather their family gets what they earned, not the government. In fact, I'm sure most people fall into that category. Not everyone is like you, hard to believe I know.

Clearly Prince didn't care that much about what his family got since he didn't bother to have a will or take any steps to ensure that they got anything.

An income tax taxes the person who has earned the money. A sales tax taxes the person who has the money.
An inheritance tax doesn't tax any living person- doesn't take money away from anyone- they just get less of what wasn't theirs to begin with.

I can understand your opposition if you are someone who doesn't believe any of us should pay any taxes whatsoever. But if you understand that we have to pay for our government through taxes- why do you think that an inheritance tax is wrong- but an income tax is okay?
So wrong! It takes money away from the family which have more right to it than the government. Besides that money has already been taxed! Could never understand why the government thinks it has a right to a dead man's money!

The government is us.

The only question is how well we spend our money. That is where nutbags fail.
You are so right...why God, why do we keep throwing money after money after money to fund a military that surpasses every single country combined in arsenal usage? Trillions upon trillions of dollars, year after year after year....while our streets are crumbling, our bridges are failing, our water is contaminated from old pipes, I mean the list is endless.......

So wrong! It takes money away from the family which have more right to it than the government. Besides that money has already been taxed! Could never understand why the government thinks it has a right to a dead man's money!

'more right to it than the government'

And how is that any different from an income tax or property tax?

My family certainly has more right to any of my money than the government- what makes an inheritance tax worse than an income tax or property tax?

Estate taxation on large estates is motivated by government greed and class warfare considerations. Estate taxes are easily avoided by good estate planning, so the only purpose of these taxes is to enrich estate planning attorneys, who take a percentage of the estate as compensation for printing out two or three books of forms and documents, most of the work is done by a legal secretary.

Forum List

Back