Why Obama?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by England6472, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,776
    I disagree. Iraq is destined to be the battleground between the Sunni and Shia, and borders are going to mean little to nothing.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,776
    Dude, DO wake up. It doesn't matter WHO gets in. Obama is the only one that will even try to pull troops out, and if he is successful, cool. The backlash from Vietnam the left has suffered would just be rejuvinated. That equates to 3 Presidential terms since 1968.

Works for me.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,776
    I don't know anything about a neocon mindset. Is all you "lefties" know how to do is toss around labels when it's quite obvious they're misplaced?

The mindset of AMERICANS is they will not tolerate a loser, nor the person or persons who precipitated that loss. You look at ANY and ALL polls on the topic. Yanking our troops out of Iraq is the desire of an extreme minority. Even those who don't agree with or flat out oppose the war that are capable of rational thought want it brought to a satisfactory conclusion.

This nation succumbed to the pressure of extreme left wing radicals once and when the silent majority woke up to what had actually happened, the Dems got tossed on their ears for embracing the radicals.

It appears all they learned from their error the first time is to not blame the troops. They didn't learn the part where their politics are more important than this nation is what kept them outside looking in.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,776
    Damn. You campaigning for McCain, or what?:cuckoo:

5. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +576

IMHO...The sunni will not chose that hill upon which to die. I can imagine they will let the shia have Iraq and not one bit more....where else can they go? Syria's alawites aren't going to let them through to the minority of shia in Lebanon. Their expansion starts and stops in Iraq.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,776

I don't see them giving even that much. They want a chunk of Iraq like the rest of the players.

Besides, the cold hard fact is, no matter who is elected President, we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Even IF Obama is elected, and even IF he dumb enough to try, I don't think Congress will support him. There are enough Democrats in Congress that realize the political consequences of such an action.

7. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +576

and they may end up with the western chunk...but it ain't gonna be "Iraq" anymore. "Iraq" - that silly fake country constructed by europeans after the fall of the Ottoman empire - has no future as a multi-ethnic Jeffersonian democracy. George Bush's grand neocon PNAC vision was totally fucked up from day one. The only way anything will "survive" there will be if the sunnis agree to suck hind tit in a shi'ite dominated country, or they partition the territory into three new countries and call it good.

8. Tiger

Tiger Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    There is no excuse for Obama.

9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,068
    LOL get a clue, we spend very little on defense.

10. Tiger

Tiger Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If people want to stop the war just stop buying gas, or go to places like Flying J. Where the gas comes from the USA and Canada. Or go to the white house and picket there until Bush stops allowing the ones we are at war with from selling gas in the USA. Or my favorite screw bush go electric.

[/QUOTE] Hopefully, if Obama wins, then he will be able to bring Iraq to a close, and start rebuilding lives in America. Even here in the U.K. we have seen the reports on U.S. families forced out of homes and now living in virtual squalor in mass-caravan parks with little food,money or hope. Having studied economics, the U.S. economy has been built up on defense and wars for decades.[/QUOTE]

Ya! lets all vote for a racist. If we are going to back some one maybe we should look at everything written that he says, and hear everything that he says, and if we disagree we should examine everything to discredit it. As in life we study the enemy to find the weakness. So is true in favor of the one we stand for, because he is a reflection of what we stand for.

Does Barack Obama belong to a cult?
    [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VP9SBZxCo9Q&feature=related[/ame]

Jeremiah Wright, Obama and United Church of Christ
    [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0FUnBi1i90E&feature=related[/ame]