Why Obama?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by England6472, Mar 26, 2008.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,068
    Sure thing.

2. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,610
    if a black man and a white woman are the dream ticket wouldn't a black woman be the dream candidate ?..the rep should of dredged up some old black woman from congress or senate instead of that old white guy

3. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754
    Sounds like a Tom Clancy novel.

4. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,991
    http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/semr?source=SEM-register-google-obama-search-national

"For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle – as we did in the OJ trial – or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright’s sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she’s playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we’ll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change." Barack Obama

5. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,408
    Black Guy Asks Nation For Change

6. Russell Wyllie

Russell Wyllie Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If McCain gets in, the U.S. will lose more taxes on the Iraq war, America will lose more sons and daughters and America will continue to lose respect from other countries, and self respect for their own Government.

Hopefully, if Obama wins, then he will be able to bring Iraq to a close, and start rebuilding lives in America. Even here in the U.K. we have seen the reports on U.S. families forced out of homes and now living in virtual squalor in mass-caravan parks with little food,money or hope. Having studied economics, the U.S. economy has been built up on defense and wars for decades.

President Eisenhower said,
    "We face a hostile ideology global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose and insidious in method..." and warned about what he saw as unjustified government spending proposals and continued with a warning that "we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex... Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

In today's America, defense spending has increased far past reasonable necessity, and only the ruthless profit from Iraq- not Iraqis but the industrialists and defense industries.

7. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,628
    Thus why I started my thread about hoping for a Repub win. Thank you for confirming the neocon mindset...:cool:

8. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,628

I assume you mean Iraq will become a satellite state of Iran. Will never happen. Shi'ites (Iranians) are by far the minority sect of Islam in the ME...Sunnis are not.....

9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +576
    Yes... a typo. IraQ will become a satellite/client state of IraN. They are the only two countries in the middle east where Shi'ites make up the majority of the population. And Sunni/Kurdish Iraqis will either live under the thumb of some variant of Shi'ite sharia, or they will move to Jordan or Syria or Egypt or one of the gulf state monarchies, or they will be killed by an Iraqi Shi'ite army in the sectarian violence that will precede the relative calm of the consummated Iraq/Iran alliance.

10. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    1. He is the strongest Anti-Iraqwar candidate.

2. I prefer his universal healthcare plan to Clinton's, and McCain doesn't even have one.

3. He has garnered the respect from both parties in just his short time as a Senator. Can't say the same for Clinton or McCain.

4. He had the wisdom to oppose the war from the start.

5. He pushes for more transparency in federal government, which is a far cry from the other's, and especially far from the bush presidency fiasco.

6. He wants to bolster our education system, and seems to be the only candidate with a solid idea for improving it.

7. His charisma and personality will be a valuable tool in international relations. We have a lot of repairing to do, and I see him as the best person to do so. He's also shown a great bit of knowledge of foreign relations.

8. I think he's the most well-rounded candidate.