Why Obama?

England6472

Rookie
Mar 26, 2008
I have listened to alot of talk defending obama's past and making excuses for the shortcomings that have been pointed out, but I haven't heard anyone justify to me why they would vote for Obama over the other two candidates.

Mccain will have my vote but that is irrelevant to the topic for anyone that was wondering.

I have listened to alot of talk defending obama's past and making excuses for the shortcomings that have been pointed out, but I haven't heard anyone justify to me why they would vote for Obama over the other two candidates.

Mccain will have my vote but that is irrelevant to the topic for anyone that was wondering.

Don't you know, he speaks very well and....hmm...well it seems I'm at a loss of words....Oh well....

Let me say this....MCsame...will be in Iraq for 100 years....LOL

have you taken the time to visit his website and read his positions on issues?

So will Obama or Hillary. They've just some sheep who believe it when they say they won't.

I was being sarcastic, I don't necessarily think he will actually withdraw troops either.
I was just stating his agenda, to attack everyone else.

I was being sarcastic, I don't necessarily think he will actually withdraw troops either.
I was just stating his agenda, to attack everyone else.

No one's going to withdraw troops until the Iraq government can handle its own crap. If it were to happen, it will be political suicide for the party that does it.

No one's going to withdraw troops until the Iraq government can handle its own crap. If it were to happen, it will be political suicide for the party that does it.

Not to mention if they do it and Iraq crumbles they will have to reinvade all over again and start from scratch. Possibly causing a war with Iran.

Not to mention if they do it and Iraq crumbles they will have to reinvade all over again and start from scratch. Possibly causing a war with Iran.

I think if we're pulled out like that, we won't go back, and look who took the hit? Three Presidential terms in office since 1968.

Let 'em do it to themselves again.

I think if we're pulled out like that, we won't go back, and look who took the hit? Three Presidential terms in office since 1968.

Let 'em do it to themselves again.

Ohh we will go back because of Europe and Japan. They need the oil and we will do their dirty work for them again especially if a democrat is in office.

A successful Iraq will inevitably form an alliance with Iran. Iran is destined to become a satellite state of Iran.... it is only a matter of when and not if, IMHO

if a black man and a white woman are the dream ticket wouldn't a black woman be the dream candidate ?..the rep should of dredged up some old black woman from congress or senate instead of that old white guy

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/semr?source=SEM-register-google-obama-search-national

"For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle – as we did in the OJ trial – or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright’s sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she’s playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we’ll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change." Barack Obama

Those who encountered the black man Tuesday said he engaged in erratic behavior, including pointing at random people in the crowd and desperately saying he needs their help, going up to complete strangers and hugging them, and angrily claiming that he is not looking for just a little bit of change, but rather a great deal of change, and that he wants it "right now."

"I'll be honest, when that black guy said he would 'stop at nothing' to get change, it kind of scared me," local mechanic Phil Nighbert said. "Just leave me alone."
Black Guy Asks Nation For Change

have you taken the time to visit his website and read his positions on issues?

If McCain gets in, the U.S. will lose more taxes on the Iraq war, America will lose more sons and daughters and America will continue to lose respect from other countries, and self respect for their own Government.

Hopefully, if Obama wins, then he will be able to bring Iraq to a close, and start rebuilding lives in America. Even here in the U.K. we have seen the reports on U.S. families forced out of homes and now living in virtual squalor in mass-caravan parks with little food,money or hope. Having studied economics, the U.S. economy has been built up on defense and wars for decades.

President Eisenhower said,
"We face a hostile ideology global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose and insidious in method..." and warned about what he saw as unjustified government spending proposals and continued with a warning that "we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex... Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

In today's America, defense spending has increased far past reasonable necessity, and only the ruthless profit from Iraq- not Iraqis but the industrialists and defense industries.

A successful Iraq will inevitably form an alliance with Iran. Iran is destined to become a satellite state of Iran.... it is only a matter of when and not if, IMHO

I assume you mean Iraq will become a satellite state of Iran. Will never happen. Shi'ites (Iranians) are by far the minority sect of Islam in the ME...Sunnis are not.....

I assume you mean Iraq will become a satellite state of Iran. Will never happen. Shi'ites (Iranians) are by far the minority sect of Islam in the ME...Sunnis are not.....

Yes... a typo. IraQ will become a satellite/client state of IraN. They are the only two countries in the middle east where Shi'ites make up the majority of the population. And Sunni/Kurdish Iraqis will either live under the thumb of some variant of Shi'ite sharia, or they will move to Jordan or Syria or Egypt or one of the gulf state monarchies, or they will be killed by an Iraqi Shi'ite army in the sectarian violence that will precede the relative calm of the consummated Iraq/Iran alliance.

1. He is the strongest Anti-Iraqwar candidate.

2. I prefer his universal healthcare plan to Clinton's, and McCain doesn't even have one.

3. He has garnered the respect from both parties in just his short time as a Senator. Can't say the same for Clinton or McCain.

4. He had the wisdom to oppose the war from the start.

5. He pushes for more transparency in federal government, which is a far cry from the other's, and especially far from the bush presidency fiasco.

6. He wants to bolster our education system, and seems to be the only candidate with a solid idea for improving it.

7. His charisma and personality will be a valuable tool in international relations. We have a lot of repairing to do, and I see him as the best person to do so. He's also shown a great bit of knowledge of foreign relations.

8. I think he's the most well-rounded candidate.

Forum List

Back