Why NOTHING should be free

Do college kids not take economics anymore? Do they not understand that we can't keep spending at the rate we are now without the entire house of cards collapsing? I mean, come on...these are supposed to be the best and brightest and yet they're so incredibly naive about the world they live in that it's scary.

Yes.

Cut the defense budget and raise taxes on the idle rich.

Might I point out that the problems we face with Muslim extremists are not getting better but worse with Iran about to get the bomb and that we also face an increasingly aggressive China in the far east who is now squaring off with Japan (with whom we have treaties obligating us to defend) over territorial rights? Now is not the time to cut the defense budget. I wish we could but it would be the height of folly to do so.

First of all the tax increases that progressives are calling for are hardly on the "idle" rich. They are aimed squarely at the job creators in our system...the people who own small to medium sized companies and make over $200,000 per year. Since Keynesian economic theory cautions against tax raises during recessions, what reason (besides blatant class warfare) do you have for seeking tax raises on anyone right now since it makes no sense at all from an economic standpoint?

What will it take to get the idiot liberal Dumbocrat to understand that nothing is "free". When someone gets food stamps, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets subsidized housing, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets free healthcare, someone else is forced to provide it.

When one labors and the fruits of those labor are given to another by force, there is a term for that - it's called SLAVERY. Leave it to the Dumbocrats to advocate slavery.

It begs the question though: why does the idiot liberal Dumbocrat advocate for free everything except the market?!?!

I must be a horrible person, forcing people to provide a roof over the heads of others, food in everyones belly, and welfare to help struggling families.

The shame I should feel!

A safety net, or a hammock, that is the question. The vast majority of Americans support a safety net, but only a minority support the hammock.

This argument is just a talking point among the middle class, but it is close to the bone with the working class. Every bit of tax that they pay, deducts from the good they can provide to their own families.

The shame that you should feel, is how your desire to be a charitable person, with other people's money, affects those that don't have much extra to be charitable with. You should also seriously consider whether your desire to be charitable, is negatively affecting those that you desire to help.

What will it take to get the idiot liberal Dumbocrat to understand that nothing is "free". When someone gets food stamps, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets subsidized housing, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets free healthcare, someone else is forced to provide it.

When one labors and the fruits of those labor are given to another by force, there is a term for that - it's called SLAVERY. Leave it to the Dumbocrats to advocate slavery.

It begs the question though: why does the idiot liberal Dumbocrat advocate for free everything except the market?!?!

Freedom aint free, and it's called taxes. Now to make the wealthy cough up their fair share and then tackle economical issues, so we can take people off the food stamps.

Bitching about taxes because it isn't "free" is the most idiotic thing I've seen all week, but then again, Republicans like to avoid taxes. Just look at mittens. :eusa_whistle:

What a freaking fraud, I bet you didn't send in one penny more than the tax form said you owed and I bet you used every deduction possible to AVOID paying any more. So you avoid taxes just like mittens as you call him.

I guarntee you Maobama didn't pay a penny more than he legally had to, so how about you take your lies and insuations and shove em!

Last edited:
he'd rather we had debtors prisons and workhouses like dickensian england.
These teabaggers think Scrooge was a hero.

To bad the dems don't have the same feeling toward Jesus Christ. :D

Many of us do. I believe in the Jesus that healed the sick and fed the hungry. The one who said that it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. The one who said to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Republicans believe in "supply side Jesus". They are more like the modern day equivalent to the Pharisees and Sadducees that persecuted Jesus than the people Jesus ministered to.

Many of us do. I believe in the Jesus that healed the sick and fed the hungry. The one who said that it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. The one who said to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Republicans believe in "supply side Jesus". They are more like the modern day equivalent to the Pharisees and Sadducees that persecuted Jesus than the people Jesus ministered to.

Jesus mandated forced charity rather than giving of one's self?? Jesus taught to take from others in order for you to be charitable??

If you believe in Jesus, then you should know that NO WHERE in the Bible did Jesus say that "government shall take by force, waste 98% of what it takes, and redistribute the rest at their own discretion".

It speaks volumes that the left doesn't take care of those in need themselves as Jesus dictated, and instead demands that government forces others to do it for them.

Free Stuff from Uncle Sam
November 18, 2009 By Angela Burkhart

Free Stuff from Uncle Sam | Quizzle.com Blog

---

18 Government Freebies
Posted: December 21st, 2009

all made in china I'm sure...

18 Government Freebies

---

Why does the USA have so many "free" things from the government?
It seems like Americans get offended by this. I've read all kinds of questions, newspaper articles, etc. about it. People get offended for some reason and take a negative, fighting stance.

I am baffled why as a citizen of the United States, all I've ever grown up seeing is people getting free stuff left and right. People from another country come over here and get a grant/loan from the government to open businesses that thrive and flourish - yet citizens of the USA seem to have a massively hard time doing that. There is a massive, and I do mean massive amount of people on EBT/Welfare, WIC, Section-8, Medicaid/Medicare who are young people. I'm shocked at how many coworkers I've known who were young people that had stair-step children (2, 3, 4, 5, 6 years old) and seemed to have children just to get more "free" stuff added on by the government. They talk about getting their hair/nails done for hundreds of dollars, wear the best branded clothing, etc. Half of their rent is paid, they always have excellent teeth because they grew up on apparently medicaid and didn't have to pay for a dentist. WIC gives them free milk, cheese, eggs, etc. at the store. EBT pays for an average of $600+ per month for their food. Some get checks from the government to pay their utilities, and the remaining money left they can do what they wish with. All of which seem to have good jobs (oftentimes government or other well-to-do jobs), but claim that they "don't know who the father of the baby is" and seem to get welfare for that reason. They have jobs, they work...they spend the money on themselves and our taxes pay for their children.

Why does the USA have so many "free" things from the government? - Yahoo! Answers

---

Outrageous! The Government Is Giving Out Free Cell Phones And Free Cell Phone Minutes To Welfare Recipients

---

2012 Grants - You May Qualify for a Grant

AOL Search

Last edited by a moderator:

If you believe in Jesus, then you should know that NO WHERE in the Bible did Jesus say that "government shall take by force, waste 98% of what it takes, and redistribute the rest at their own discretion".

It speaks volumes that the left doesn't take care of those in need themselves as Jesus dictated, and instead demands that government forces others to do it for them.

What did Jesus say about those complaining about paying taxes?

So by your logic everyone should starve everyone should die when they are sick and so on and so forth? You really are the biggest idiot on the boards. But you all are against abortions and such? :lol: Republicans are the biggest jokes known to man.

Again, you idiots made this bed, you sleep in it.

You are the ones who thought it was wonderful, starting with firing the PATCO workers, to undermine union membership and union wages and benefits.

So instead of getting a good paycheck at AmPad and good union benefits, you gave them shitty McJobs at Staples with no benefits...

And when they go to the government to get Food Stamps to put food on the table, Section 8 vouchers to put a roof over their heads and Medicare so their kids can see a doctor, their loyalty shifts from employers to the government.

In short- you did this to yourselves!

What did Jesus say about those complaining about paying taxes?

And what was said about those who shall not work??

An entire class of Americans enjoys a head start provided by their families. A meritocracy is based on merit not birth family.

American corporations enjoy FREE subsidies and bailouts and patent protection from big government on a scale that dwarfs traditional welfare by trillions.

(fucking morons. You don't get. The point of becoming a large corporation is to lobby Washington for free stuff. You should go to Washington and see first hand how the lobbying system works. It's all about FREE stuff)

Forum List

Back