Why Not Feel Sorry for BP?

He meant that maybe instead of condemning BP for this accident and asking for their heads, we should realize that they're not in their board rooms secretly laughing about this turn of events.
Who fucking cares if they're not laughing about it? If I get hammered on booze and take off driving in a car and kill someone, you won't find me laughing about it - does that mean you should feel sorry for me? I suppose if I was a corporation YOU WOULD.

They're going to get hit harder than anybody else for this tragedy...

You're full of absolute crap. BP will be around long after all the fishing businesses they destroy close up shop, not to mention that this tragedy is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.

Please link to the findings of the inquiry into the incident to back up your claim of responsibility. Thanks.

However, certain posters, like Spiderman Tuba, scream like a two year old throwing a temper tantrum, about the evil corporation and decide that those of us who refuse to condemn BP somehow also support parents who beat their children.... because that's really logical, isn't it? .

He must "wave the bloody shirt."

ST like many in S. Louisianna, has benefitted from having been on the Public Dole since 2005, and it looks like money from the Feds may dry up any day now. This spill is manna from heaven as long as he milks it as a "disaster."

Whether or not it is an ecological, or economic disaster is remains to be seen: Louisianna has no beaches, and seafood industry worth $2.4B/yr is a far cry from the $80B damages from Katrina.

He'll need to keep "screaming like a two year old" to make this look anyting like Katrina.

He meant that maybe instead of condemning BP for this accident and asking for their heads, we should realize that they're not in their board rooms secretly laughing about this turn of events.

They were laughing at the fact they were installing acoustic switches on their British rigs - even though Britain did not require it - but not on the Gulf rigs, because the Gulf Coast can be damned but the world would end of their shitty 3rd world island limey coast got a drop of oil on it.

Why wouldn't we feel sorry for you? You've essentially ruined your life. That doesn't mean we excuse what you did, or BP in this case. Nobody is saying this isn't their responsibility. They made a mistake and they're going to suffer for it, but that doesn't mean we have to see them as evil.

You'd feel sympathy for someone who gets hammered drives off and kills someone? Really?

Ever thought of being a criminal defense attorney?

They were laughing at the fact they were installing acoustic switches on their British rigs - even though Britain did not require it - but not on the Gulf rigs, because the Gulf Coast can be damned but the world would end of their shitty 3rd world island limey coast got a drop of oil on it.

It would appear that you genuinely believe they wanted this rig to explode.

Why wouldn't we feel sorry for you? You've essentially ruined your life. That doesn't mean we excuse what you did, or BP in this case. Nobody is saying this isn't their responsibility. They made a mistake and they're going to suffer for it, but that doesn't mean we have to see them as evil.

You'd feel sympathy for someone who gets hammered drives off and kills someone? Really?

He would not defend a criminal unless they were incorporated or right wing.

I don't feel the need to demonize people for their mistakes. If somebody ruins their life I am perfectly capable of feeling sympathy for them.

No.

I suggest you learn the difference between a libertarian and a right-winger.

You might try taking your own advice.
I see your hatred for Obama, but seldom see criticism of right wingers.
Rand Paul is a republican not a Libertarian. Else Cheney would not endorse him.

However, certain posters, like Spiderman Tuba, scream like a two year old throwing a temper tantrum, about the evil corporation and decide that those of us who refuse to condemn BP somehow also support parents who beat their children.... because that's really logical, isn't it? .

He must "wave the bloody shirt."

ST like many in S. Louisianna, has benefitted from having been on the Public Dole since 2005, and it looks like money from the Feds may dry up any day now.

I work for a living you pathetic cocksucking douchebag.

I suggest you look closer.

You're very confused. I never said Rand Paul was a member of the Libertarian Party. Cheney did not endorse Rand Paul, he endorsed Trey Grayson. That's the second time I've corrected you on that.

You're very confused. I never said Rand Paul was a member of the Libertarian Party. Cheney did not endorse Rand Paul, he endorsed Trey Grayson. That's the second time I've corrected you on that.

Yes you are correct, my apologies.
However Rand Is a republican.

And you seldom do criticize republicans. Except in a vauge and generalized way.

Last edited:

Yes you are correct, my apologies.
However Rand Is a republican.

And you seldom do criticize republicans. Except in a vauge and generalized way.

I never claimed Rand was not a Republican.

Well I believe I criticized Ronald Reagan in this very thread, but you may be right that my criticism for Republicans is less than my criticism for Democrats. But Democrats are in charge right now. They're the ones currently messing up so they're the ones that get the most criticism.

Why don't you tell us Kevin, or you could continue to post artifice.

Libertarians believe in the non-aggression axiom, which means that we believe any action that requires the use of force to be illegitimate. The same cannot be said for conservatives or progressives.

Yea, I could see that happening. Do we really think the Chinese or Russians are gonna plow billions into renewables in the US? I somehow doubt it.

Personally, I'd prefer to see BP stay afloat. Unlike the loony left, I can see a bigger picture here that is not good for the US.

Poetic irony...

you people don't ever see a "bigger picture" ... Don't kid yourself. ... If you did, you'd admit what the IEA, the DoE, the Pentagon, ASPO, Total Oil, and countless petrol geologist have all concluded.

This thread is funny. The denial has gotten so pathetic that they're actually trying to pass off sentiment that the Valdez spill "took care of itself."

No one is buying your convenient self-rationalization and utter nonsense any longer, con men. That ended somewhere around 2004.

Last edited:
Yea, I could see that happening. Do we really think the Chinese or Russians are gonna plow billions into renewables in the US? I somehow doubt it.

Personally, I'd prefer to see BP stay afloat. Unlike the loony left, I can see a bigger picture here that is not good for the US.

Poetic irony...

you people don't ever see a "bigger picture" ... Don't kid yourself. ... If you did, you'd admit what the IEA, the DoE, the Pentagon, ASPO, Total Oil, and countless petrol geologist have all concluded.

This thread is funny. The denial has gotten so pathetic that they're actually trying to pass off sentiment that the Valdez spill "took care of itself."

No one is buying your convenient self-rationalization and utter nonsense any longer, con men. That ended somewhere around 2004.

The preceding message was brought to you by Rollyourown.com, Schlitz Malt Liquor, and Doritos

Forum List

Back