Environmental Dangers of Not Building Keystone XL; 1m barrels on sea vs 700 barrels dry land

Oh good grief. I just can't believe the ignorance in this thread over the Keystone. Sheesh after all this time aren't you regular boarders up to speed on this shit?

You have Keystone I You have Keystone II. Keystone III has been in the works for forever. Your own oil producing states will be using the pipeline to get their oil to the Gulf too.

Not just Canadian crude coming thru people!

North Dakota is desperate to ship via pipeline. This is why Senator Heidi Heitkamp a true Blue Dog Democrat has been fighting to get this passed.

I admire Heidi. She's been like a dog on a bone on this issue.
Again, why in the world would we even consider exporting our oil supply? I thought the whole point of conservative energy policy was to
"drill, baby, drill" to increase domestic supplies. This is fucked.

So much oil would not have to be shipped by pipeline or tank car or sea or by truck.
So much coal could stay safely in the ground.

And all it would take is for those ever-so-concerned liberals to turn off their computers, furnaces and water heaters in demonstration of their sincerity.

But for some reason.....well, they just won't.

Oh good grief. I just can't believe the ignorance in this thread over the Keystone. Sheesh after all this time aren't you regular boarders up to speed on this shit?

You have Keystone I You have Keystone II. Keystone III has been in the works for forever. Your own oil producing states will be using the pipeline to get their oil to the Gulf too.

North Dakota is desperate to ship via pipeline. This is why Senator Heidi Heitkamp a true Blue Dog Democrat has been fighting to get this passed.

apparently you're the one who isn't up to SPEED ... Keystone is an EXPORT PIPELINE ... CHINA/SOUTH AMERICA ... study up you moron.

Why in the world would we ever support construction of a pipeline to enable Canadian companies to sell their crude on the export market?

This is another example of how corporate messaging firms control the evangelical ideological voters of the Republican Party.

When the pipeline is constructed, U.S. fuel prices will increase as the crude that was once available on our domestic markets is exported. It is inevitable.

"Americans vote for what they want, and then they get it good and hard."

Because more than just one product will be moved through the line,fees are charged,as well as taxes collected,this is simple shit here.

Canadian oil to the US – a flow now projected to rise to 1.7 million barrels per day by 2030, according to the same DOE study. Often characterized by proponents as validating the need for the pipeline, that study actually found that Canadian oil import growth will go on at “almost identical” levels through 2030 using existing and new pipeline capacity as well as rail shipments – whether or not Keystone XL is built

apparently you're the one who isn't up to SPEED ... Keystone is an EXPORT PIPELINE ... CHINA/SOUTH AMERICA ... study up you moron.

Asshole. I've been on this for years and I have no intention of educating you in full today.

Your oil producers need to get their oil to the refineries on the coast. Your oil producers sell overseas.

What's the fucking problem? But the pipeline is not designed for export.

It is simply infrastructure for the producers, American and Canadian to get it to your gulf refineries.

You don't want your oil exported?

Canadian oil to the US – a flow now projected to rise to 1.7 million barrels per day by 2030, according to the same DOE study. Often characterized by proponents as validating the need for the pipeline, that study actually found that Canadian oil import growth will go on at “almost identical” levels through 2030 using existing and new pipeline capacity as well as rail shipments – whether or not Keystone XL is built

And?? whats your point? were is the new capacity coming from.

Bottom line there is no real rational reason why it shouldn't be built,our piplene systems are old and need updating,this is REAL simple shit.

Forum List

Back