Why do idiots feel sorry for Hillary Cliton? The turd in the punchbowl

Bassman007

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
Why Do Democrats Feel Sorry for Hillary Clinton? I always feel sorry for turds in punchbowls

Iā€™ve done what I could in this space to avoid the subject of Hillary Clinton. I donā€™t want to be the perennial turd in the punchbowl. Iā€™d hoped weā€™d finally seen the last of that name in public life ā€” itā€™s been a long quarter of a century ā€” and that we could all move on. Alas, no. Her daughter (angels and ministers of grace defend us) seems to be positioning herself for a political career. And Clinton herself duly emerged last week for a fawning, rapturous reception at the Women in the World conference in New York City. It simply amazes me the hold this family still has on the Democratic Party ā€” and on liberals in general. The most popular question that came from interviewer Nick Kristofā€™s social-media outreach, for example, was: ā€œAre you doing okay?ā€ Hereā€™s Michelle Goldberg: ā€œI find myself wondering at odd times of the day and night: How is Hillary? Is she going to be all right?ā€ Seriously, can you imagine anyone wondering the same after Walter Mondale or Michael Dukakis or John Kerry blew elections?

And everywhere you see not an excoriation of one of the worst campaigns in recent history, leading to the Trump nightmare, but an attempt to blame anyone or anything but Clinton herself for the epic fail. It wasnā€™t Clintonā€™s fault, weā€™re told. It never is. It was the votersā€™ ā€” those ungrateful, deplorable know-nothings! Their sexism defeated her (despite a majority of white women voting for Trump). A wave of misogyny defeated her (ditto). James Comey is to blame. Bernie Sandersā€™s campaign ā€” because it highlighted her enmeshment with Wall Street, her brain-dead interventionism and her rapacious money-grubbing since she left the State Department ā€” was the problem. Millennial feminists were guilty as well, for not seeing what an amazing crusader for their cause this candidate was. And this, of course, is how Clinton sees it as well: She wasnā€™t responsible for her own campaign ā€” her staffers were. As a new book on her campaign notes, after Clinton lost the Michigan primary to Sanders, ā€œThe blame belonged to her campaign team, she believed, for failing to hone her message, energize important constituencies, and take care of business in getting voters to the polls.ā€ So by the time the general-election campaign came round, theyā€™d fix that and win Michigan, right?

Forum List

Back