Why marriage no longer makes sense

she is obviouly a moron or dislutional

but not the old-fashioned obligations (being modest and ladylike, being a housewife, etc).

Annie calls these qualities examples of muslim extremism :lol: :cuckoo:

Of course, Martin. I'm delusional. You are not a misogynist, hateful person. You really love women, want them to succeed in the way you, yourself want to succeed. There was a time I thought you fair and understanding. Thanks for correcting my misapprehensions.

I believe it has something to do with god and commitment to each other.

im not arguing if you have kids, you should not get married

im arguing that something that fails so much, isnt worth doing

and marriage is NOT neccesary

my love for any woman, of your husband or wife, i dont know your gender.

is not any less if you dont make a contract or put a piece of paper, heck common sense would dictate, that men as well as women have realistic view of how any relationship would work, and who would do what.

But to blindly say, men expect this, i actually agree with you, but again, i go back to two simple things, I and anyone, does not need marriage to make a relationship official, and its too messy if it fails, and fails to often, fine three things lol

Bulcrap......I remember a discussion with the boys in college. ALL of them wanted their future wives to work AND take care of the children AND take care of the house. I knew even then it couldn't be done. Marriage is a partnership and someone needs to take care of the kids, I don't care whom. Both are responsible for making sure the family survives. BOTH are equally as responsible.

I've been married 27 years. My parents were married for more than 50, with 4 years off for bad behavior. Everyone of my surviving siblings is still married to their first spouse. Everyone of my nieces and nephew that married are still married to their SAME spouse. Just because you are too lazy to make a marriage work doesn't mean it's not practical. It takes two to have children and it takes two to raise them. A family unit is much stronger than any individual...I don't care who you are.

Do you even know what marriage is and what purpose it's supposed to serve, martin?

I dislike how most women live/their actions and behaviors, I dont like how men fuck around, and think that makes um manly. I dont like a lot of people for a lot of reasons.

But you lost your credibility, when you started the name calling, and saying how muslims dont want to marry or whatever tripe you said.

and i do want women to succeed, when did i say i want women to fail?

I am sometimes fair and understanding, and sometimes cranky and an asshole

whats your point?

Of course, Martin. I'm delusional. You are not a misogynist, hateful person. You really love women, want them to succeed in the way you, yourself want to succeed. There was a time I thought you fair and understanding. Thanks for correcting my misapprehensions.

NoMarriage.com - Why marriage no longer makes sense.

Traditional marriage balances different privileges and obligations for men and women. Modern woman wants all the benefits of "equality" without any of the responsibilities.

Traditional Western culture balanced special privileges for women with special obligations, and the same for men.

Equality states that no one get special privileges, and that responsibilities and rights should be equally shared.

Either system is balanced and fair. The problem with modern Western culture is that many women want only the positives from both systems:

They want special privileges from the traditional system (men paying, being "gentlemen" by using special deferential manners and language to women, being the main breadwinner, etc) but not the old-fashioned obligations (being modest and ladylike, being a housewife, etc).

I remember those traditional "old school" marriages from the 60s. Many women were trapped in loveless and abusive marriages with no way out. They had no money, no job prospects and endured their marriage for the sake of the children.
Once Womens Liberation happened in the 70s these women started to work and had the ability to support themselves. Their response was to get the hell out

I remember those traditional "old school" marriages from the 60s. Many women were trapped in loveless and abusive marriages with no way out. They had no money, no job prospects and endured their marriage for the sake of the children.
Once Womens Liberation happened in the 70s these women started to work and had the ability to support themselves. Their response was to get the hell out

Please provide evidence :doubt:

I think in a democracy all groups are better served when they aim to maximize their benefits in relation to others... even if they're unjust, their requests will be countered by someone with opposite interests

so feminists should aim to create the ideal society for themselves, and anti-feminists need to organize and serve as a hedge against their unrealistic expectations (if any)

The problem is that there is definitely a feminist bias in society, as well as a minority bias, etc.

but I highly doubt the bias is so powerful that it will swing towards a society where women receive all the benefits with none of the responsibilities

Women work far more in today's society, and still do the bulk of the housework... Most women who I've dated have been fairly traditional and reasonable when it comes to helping out if I'm the only one working full-time etc.

I dislike how most women live/their actions and behaviors, I dont like how men fuck around, and think that makes um manly. I dont like a lot of people for a lot of reasons.

But you lost your credibility, when you started the name calling, and saying how muslims dont want to marry or whatever tripe you said.

whats your point?

namecalling? where?

Please provide evidence :doubt:

Unlike you....Sunni Man

I still have memories of the 60's. Not everyone fried their brain

I think Ain't Noble Martin is bitching because he's such a fucking loser that no woman in her right mind would want to marry him!

Kinda the same way that a pope in the 13th century banned all priests from going to brothels. He ended up with the clap, and decided that since he fucked up, he should save everyone else from screwing up as well.

Only problem is..........the priests started to have sex with the boys.

The cure is worse than the problem.

Yo, Ain't Noble Martin........what's your deal man? Are you turning into a fanatical asshole on marriage like Fred Phelps did with gays?

We all saw your picture before dude........you're just a pasty faced little pudge. Kinda makes me feel sorry for you actually............

I dont really hate women, i dislike some of their choices, generally speaking

nor do i think men are better then women

but nice try

you name call, and name call, and then call me mean for responding in kind

:cuckoo:

I dont think women should stay married when physical or verbal abuse, cheating, etc is involved.

but common, no fault divorce.

you might as well just say, im fucking sick of you :lol:, because thats all their is.

Im not against feminism because it gave women strength, that is actually infact noble, but not at the expense of common decency in dress and actions.

I feel feminism is man hating, not about equality like in the early 70's but now about women trashing men, and thinkning they dont need us to raise children, which is absurd, but thats for breeders, ok ok kidding, those who want kids :lol:

NoMarriage.com - Why marriage no longer makes sense.

Traditional marriage balances different privileges and obligations for men and women. Modern woman wants all the benefits of "equality" without any of the responsibilities.

Traditional Western culture balanced special privileges for women with special obligations, and the same for men.

Equality states that no one get special privileges, and that responsibilities and rights should be equally shared.

Either system is balanced and fair. The problem with modern Western culture is that many women want only the positives from both systems:

They want special privileges from the traditional system (men paying, being "gentlemen" by using special deferential manners and language to women, being the main breadwinner, etc) but not the old-fashioned obligations (being modest and ladylike, being a housewife, etc).

im not gonna spoon feed you, you started saying i was a muslim extremist and other nonsense, if your too lazy to look in a three page thread, then i really cant help you

whats your point?

namecalling? where?

the only ignoramus in this thread is you sir, and i use that term loosely. All you can do is name call rather then actually have an intelligent discussion, and ive seen this in your other posts too.

I think Ain't Noble Martin is bitching because he's such a fucking loser that no woman in her right mind would want to marry him!

Kinda the same way that a pope in the 13th century banned all priests from going to brothels. He ended up with the clap, and decided that since he fucked up, he should save everyone else from screwing up as well.

Yo, Ain't Noble Martin........what's your deal man? Are you turning into a fanatical asshole on marriage like Fred Phelps did with gays?

We all saw your picture before dude........you're just a pasty faced little pudge. Kinda makes me feel sorry for you actually............

are you a faggot or something?

you keep referring to my picture, as if youre obsessed with it

few things.

#1 this has nothing to do with your anti christian hate filled spewing

#2 I dont need nor want your approval on anything

#3 your a worthless, insignificant fuckface, who hasnt a clue about anything, and i dont you were even a sailor except maybe a sailor on his knees for other sea men

Forum List

Back