Why marriage no longer makes sense

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
http://www.nomarriage.com/nosense.html

Traditional marriage balances different privileges and obligations for men and women. Modern woman wants all the benefits of "equality" without any of the responsibilities.

Traditional Western culture balanced special privileges for women with special obligations, and the same for men.

Equality states that no one get special privileges, and that responsibilities and rights should be equally shared.

Either system is balanced and fair. The problem with modern Western culture is that many women want only the positives from both systems:

They want special privileges from the traditional system (men paying, being "gentlemen" by using special deferential manners and language to women, being the main breadwinner, etc) but not the old-fashioned obligations (being modest and ladylike, being a housewife, etc).

Last edited:
I think this Jewish poster is arguing in favor of extreme Muslim perspective.

you going to back up your assertion, or just spies lies and vitriol

My being a jew has nothing to do with this, neither does my race. But you brought up my religious faith for some reason. apparently any view made by anybody is because they are jewish christian or muslim

second, how is what im saying extreme? and since when do islam say dont get married?

NoMarriage.com - Why marriage no longer makes sense.

Traditional marriage balances different privileges and obligations for men and women. Modern woman wants all the benefits of "equality" without any of the responsibilities.

Traditional Western culture balanced special privileges for women with special obligations, and the same for men.

Equality states that no one get special privileges, and that responsibilities and rights should be equally shared.

Either system is balanced and fair. The problem with modern Western culture is that many women want only the positives from both systems:

They want special privileges from the traditional system (men paying, being "gentlemen" by using special deferential manners and language to women, being the main breadwinner, etc) but not the old-fashioned obligations (being modest and ladylike, being a housewife, etc).

Bulcrap......I remember a discussion with the boys in college. ALL of them wanted their future wives to work AND take care of the children AND take care of the house. I knew even then it couldn't be done. Marriage is a partnership and someone needs to take care of the kids, I don't care whom. Both are responsible for making sure the family survives. BOTH are equally as responsible.

I've been married 27 years. My parents were married for more than 50, with 4 years off for bad behavior. Everyone of my surviving siblings is still married to their first spouse. Everyone of my nieces and nephew that married are still married to their SAME spouse. Just because you are too lazy to make a marriage work doesn't mean it's not practical. It takes two to have children and it takes two to raise them. A family unit is much stronger than any individual...I don't care who you are.

what a silly premise.

balanced and fair? for centuries women were the property of the men they married and were traded for family power, position and wealth.

balanced and fair?

pffftt....

and every woman i know works her butt off...

My being a jew has nothing to do with this, neither does my race. But you brought up my religious faith for some reason. apparently any view made by anybody is because they are jewish christian or muslim

second, how is what im saying extreme? and since when do islam say dont get married?

Dude, if you don't see that you are looking to send women back to the 17th century, can't help you. You are arguing that men should control. That puts you on same page as Osama, not anyone with a foot into the 20th C, not too mention 21st.

I dont disagree with you there, but I dont believe men is financially, spiritually, or emotionally advantageous for a man to get married under todays climate.

Children deserve two parents. Period.

as a married man with two children....i once vowed never to get married or have children....

you couldn't be more wrong.....about everything.....

im not arguing if you have kids, you should not get married

im arguing that something that fails so much, isnt worth doing

and marriage is NOT neccesary

my love for any woman, of your husband or wife, i dont know your gender.

is not any less if you dont make a contract or put a piece of paper, heck common sense would dictate, that men as well as women have realistic view of how any relationship would work, and who would do what.

But to blindly say, men expect this, i actually agree with you, but again, i go back to two simple things, I and anyone, does not need marriage to make a relationship official, and its too messy if it fails, and fails to often, fine three things lol

Bulcrap......I remember a discussion with the boys in college. ALL of them wanted their future wives to work AND take care of the children AND take care of the house. I knew even then it couldn't be done. Marriage is a partnership and someone needs to take care of the kids, I don't care whom. Both are responsible for making sure the family survives. BOTH are equally as responsible.

I've been married 27 years. My parents were married for more than 50, with 4 years off for bad behavior. Everyone of my surviving siblings is still married to their first spouse. Everyone of my nieces and nephew that married are still married to their SAME spouse. Just because you are too lazy to make a marriage work doesn't mean it's not practical. It takes two to have children and it takes two to raise them. A family unit is much stronger than any individual...I don't care who you are.

im glad it worked for you.

but it doesnt work for most men, 50%. you got lucky, most men dont

I dont disagree with you there, but I dont believe men is financially, spiritually, or emotionally advantageous for a man to get married under todays climate.

Children deserve two parents. Period.

as a married man with two children....i once vowed never to get married or have children....

you couldn't be more wrong.....about everything.....

you make up all the lies you want, doesnt make um true gerbils

men should control women, hahahahaha

you are lying, or stupid. I dont know which. I dont want men to control women, i want women to control themselves, same as men.

Men have views, i dont always agree with either

Dude, if you don't see that you are looking to send women back to the 17th century, can't help you. You are arguing that men should control. That puts you on same page as Osama, not anyone with a foot into the 20th C, not too mention 21st.

is not any less if you dont make a contract or put a piece of paper, heck common sense would dictate, that men as well as women have realistic view of how any relationship would work, and who would do what.

But to blindly say, men expect this, i actually agree with you, but again, i go back to two simple things, I and anyone, does not need marriage to make a relationship official, and its too messy if it fails, and fails to often, fine three things lol

Do you even know what marriage is and what purpose it's supposed to serve, martin?

and when did i say i support women being the property of anyone?

second, im going back to how women have been acting in the last 50-60 years.

you probably dont know this, but women commit domestic violence against men, but men are ashamed to admit it, because our society still tends to not take it as seriously as it should.

women used to dress appropritely, morally, not having their tits and panties hanging out.

they didnt use to sleep around , like they do today , and act like its a good thing

feminism: men act like jackasses, we have the right to act the same or worse

for the record, i dont agree with men sleeping around either

if women work their butt off, why do they accept alimony?, why do they expect men to pay for dates, and sometimes bills.

answer me that one batman :lol:

what a silly premise.

balanced and fair? for centuries women were the property of the men they married and were traded for family power, position and wealth.

balanced and fair?

pffftt....

and every woman i know works her butt off...

people put more time an effort into buying and taking care of a car than they do their marriage ....and then they wonder why they fail....

Forum List

Back