Why Listen To It Again?

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010

I would have reminded Mr. Bartlett that I have been hearing big government garbage since the LBJ years, not to mention the decades when the Fairness Doctrine either forced liberalism’s view on the audience, or effectively silenced the very viewpoints the public is begging to hear these days.

I suspect that Mr. Bartlett does not care which one of the two major parties is in power; so long as it increases the government’s authority to dictate behavior.

On CNN’s “Reliable Sources” over Memorial Day weekend, historian Bruce Bartlett was discussing his paper published earlier this month, in which he said: “It can almost be called self-brainwashing – many conservatives now refuse to listen to any news or opinion not vetted through Fox, and to believe whatever appears on it as the gospel truth.”

When asked by CNN host Brian Stelter about the self-brainwashing remark, Bartlett stood by the comment, and singled out news agencies including WND.

“I don’t think that word is too strong,” Bartlett said. “I think many conservatives live in a bubble, where they watch only Fox News on television. They listen only to conservative talk radio, Rush Limbaugh. When they go on to the Internet, they look at only conservative websites, like National Review, Newsmax, WorldNetDaily.”

“And so they are completely in a universe in which they are hearing the same exact ideas, the same arguments, the same limited amount of data repeated over and over and over again. And that’s – that’s brainwashing.”

Fans of Fox, Rush, WND accused of 'self-brainwashing'
Posted By Joe Kovacs On 05/26/2015 @ 6:16 pm

Fans of Fox Rush WND accused of self-brainwashing

For the sake of argument, let's assume there is, in fact some kind of self-brainwashing technique at play (dubious claim as it is), still there's some notions about just exactly whose brains are getting whashed by whom... If it's self-brainwashing, how is that wrong, or are we all just supposed to let someone else do all the brainwashing for us? And these people on the CNN would probably make wise cracks about conspiracy theorists being insane or paranoid, yet they're basically advocating something right in lock step with Alex Jones MK-ULTRA fluoride in the precious bodily fluids crowd. I think people in the news media have delusions of grandeur or something about exactly how much power and influence they really have.

Never heard of him. Sounds like he wasn't getting enough attention from the right so he decided to suck up to the left.

For the sake of argument, let's assume there is, in fact some kind of self-brainwashing technique at play (dubious claim as it is), still there's some notions about just exactly whose brains are getting whashed by whom... If it's self-brainwashing, how is that wrong, or are we all just supposed to let someone else do all the brainwashing for us? And these people on the CNN would probably make wise cracks about conspiracy theorists being insane or paranoid, yet they're basically advocating something right in lock step with Alex Jones MK-ULTRA fluoride in the precious bodily fluids crowd.

To Sidekick: Bartlett threw brainwashing on the table to rationalize his main complaint: The public is not listening.

Frankly, how in hell can ‘not listening’ be called self-brainwashing.

Incidentally, I’ve yet to hear a public voice say that the audience should be brainwashed with conservative views.

I think people in the news media have delusions of grandeur or something about exactly how much power and influence they really have.

To Sidekick: True in a sense that the media does have power and influence over a percentage of the audience, but not as many people the media claims. Fewer and fewer since the Internet’s birth.

Incidentally, freedom of the press and freedom of speech are two separate Rights in the First Amendment. Basically, the press would abolish freedom of speech, while ‘journalists’ and their paymasters expect the American people to defend the media’s monopoly. The Internet broke the media’s monopoly on freedom of speech. I’ve often said that freedom of the press is the one constitutional Right I would not lift a finger to preserve.

The subject of listening, or not listening, stems from freedom of speech. See this thread for a little on the topic of freedom of speech in relation to freedom of the press. Should you take a few minutes to read the thread, put listening, and not listening, in perspective with this observation based on countless objectives Democrats have been advocating for decades: If Democrats cannot force everyone to listen to their garbage they will shutdown everyone’s freedom to speak.

I would have reminded Mr. Bartlett that I have been hearing big government garbage since the LBJ years, not to mention the decades when the Fairness Doctrine either forced liberalism’s view on the audience, or effectively silenced the very viewpoints the public is begging to hear these days.

I maintain that FOX is a liberal network. FOX puts liberalism’s message in more conservative ears than does all of the overt liberal networks combined. There is so much liberal garbage spewed out on FOX, I often said that FOX runs its own version of the Fairness Doctrine.

Bill O’Reilly is the most successful media mouth on FOX. He is exactly like a B.S. politician begging for votes from both sides by claiming he is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. The difference is that O’Reilly cons conservatives. His ratings only remain high because of the number of liberals who watch him and smile.

Thanks to Bruce Bartlett —— Jeffery Lord reminds us of the true nature of FOX:

Fox News is awash in liberal commentators who sit on the allegedly “conservative” network and regularly dispense the left-wing point of view. Rush and Sean regularly cite the latest from liberal A, B, or C, informing their listeners of liberal views that are easily findable on the web. I myself have been on both Sean Hannity’s television and radio shows discussing issues of the day with liberals Bob Beckel, Kirsten Powers, Juan Williams, and Chris Hahn (the last an ex-aide to New York’s Senator Chuck Schumer.) Not a one of them is conservative, as is perfectly plain if one is listening.

In the case of Fox itself? In addition to those named above the network has over the years — past and present — hosted liberals Tamara Holder, ( a progressive lawyer with ties to Jesse Jackson), Clintonite James Carville, Julie Roginsky (an ex-aide to the late New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg), Marc Lamont Hill, Santita Jackson (daughter of Jesse Jackson), Sally Kohn (like Mark Lamont Hill now at CNN), Jehmu Greene (an ex- Hillary Clinton, DNC aide), Bernard Whitman (an ex-Bill Clinton aide), Mark Hannah and Mary Ann Marsh (ex-John Kerry aides), and others. On and on goes the parade of seriously bona fide liberals at Fox.

Bruce Bartlett Brainwashed?
A curious subject curiously untouched on CNN.
By Jeffrey Lord – 5.28.15

Bruce Bartlett Brainwashed The American Spectator

Bill O’Reilly is the most successful media mouth on FOX. He is exactly like a B.S. politician begging for votes from both sides by claiming he is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.
Rand Paul is gone, now another so-called:

. . . fiscally conservative, socially liberal . . .​

baloney-slicer is going to try and sell the impossible:

Gary Johnson Announces Libertarian Party Run For President
Alex Pappas
Political Reporter
1:23 PM 01/06/2016

Gary Johnson Announces Libertarian Party Run For President

If there is one universal governing truth it is this: Fiscal conservatives and social liberals cannot live in the same body.

Forum List

Back