Why Joe Manchin Came To The Rescue For The GOP??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Office of Management and Budget director nominee Neera Tanden's confirmation has been cast into doubt due to opposition from lawmakers, including Manchin. Those opposed to her taking the position have referenced tweets she sent about lawmakers, criticizing figures from both sides of the aisle. Tanden has apologized for these comments and said she can "work with anyone." -- [On nine occasions, Senator Manchin was the only Democrat to vote to confirm Trump nominees, including two cabinet Secretaries, three circuit court judges, and various other nominees]"

Claiming trollish tweets is the reason he opposes Tanden is a cop-out -- this is personal for him because Neera criticized his big pharma CEO daughter for price gouging, period...any other weak reason he gives like "partisan tweets" is bullshit....this is the same guy who had no problem confirming Jeff Sessions as Attorney General (a person who was too racist to get confirmation during the Reagan era) -- so of course this is personal..The GOP should be thankful to have a Senator like Joe on their side.....

And for the record, being partisan and trolling people on Twitter is a way to move up in the ranks if you are of the GOP -- but if you are of the left, it is wrong....you are expected to govern and be bipartisan if you are of the left.....if you are of the right, you are expected to not govern; just offer bullshit culture war grievances and own the libs.

Maybe it is personal but immature trollish tweets should disqualify someone from an important office. It's a definite sign of immaturity.

Maybe it is personal but immature trollish tweets should disqualify someone from an important office. It's a definite sign of immaturity.
_00-rea-008 (19).jpg

I like Sen Manchin on the issues, but he is all about self aggrandizing. He is going to play both sides to see how much pork he can get for West Virginia. Those are the only people he has to wheedle. He could care less what the establishment or progressive wing thinks.

I like Sen Manchin on the issues, but he is all about self aggrandizing. He is going to play both sides to see how much pork he can get for West Virginia. Those are the only people he has to wheedle. He could care less what the establishment or progressive wing thinks.

Can you point out what he has brought to WV?

That’s why I said “how much he can get”. Future tense.

He's been there for years. What is he promoting for WV?

Understood, but now he is in the position of power broker In the same party currently holding the majority. What he is doing is a Sisyphean task. Very few Democrats can win in such conservative states.

The reality is this pick was a radical....and highlights once again, that Quid Pro Joe and the left are not interested in "unity" - the Senator, who seems to be the last reasonable member of the Dem party understand this.

I am glad he remains a member of the Dem party, I am sure he'll be attacked, but believe he will stay strong to his values and core beliefs.....

Understood, but now he is in the position of power broker In the same party currently holding the majority. What he is doing is a Sisyphean task. Very few Democrats can win in such conservative states.
There have been 19 Dem Govs elected in WV since it was formed....the majority

There have been 13 out of 19 Class 1 US Senators

and 9 class 2 out of 19....doesn't seem like Dems really have a problem winning there.....it's just maybe the DNC has moved so far radically left that it seems that way

A democrat who can think for himself? How has he avoided Fort Marcy Park?

I seem to recall 7 Republican Senators that got little to no support for thinking for themselves.

That's different though, right?

The main difference is that there's no "he apparently committed suicide in Fort Mack Park wearing a suit that contained carpet fibers" at the end of their rainbows

Manchin can win easily. The reason the (R)'s have become the controlling party is because of coal. Manchin is not a part of that issue. While House seats and the governors office flipped, Manchin won.

what statute is that covering exactly? yours? LOL, you feel good snowflakes crack me up. ignore the fking tweets tits!!!!

what statute is that covering exactly? yours? LOL, you feel good snowflakes crack me up. ignore the fking tweets tits!!!!

You are rambling about something but I have no idea what.

Forum List

Back