Joe Manchin Says Border Security 'Greatest Crisis' The Nation Faces

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Manchin want's Biden to declare a 'national emergency'. Apparently he has forgotten Biden INVITED this crisis, so it's highly doubtful he will admit his catastrophic policies are the reason this is happening, and reverse course.

The West Virginia Senator suggested Biden declare a national emergency​

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin said the nation's "greatest crisis" was insecurity at the southern border.​

Manchin delivered his assessment during a Sunday appearance on CBS' Face The Nation with host Margaret Brennan.

During his appearance, the West Virginia senator insisted "the border has to be fixed."

"We were told before Christmas, we’re going to stay here and get this done," Manchin said of congressional hopes of securing a border deal late last year. "Then, all of a sudden, OK, you can go home now, because we’re getting some language done now, but we’re writing, putting pen to it. We’re going to come back, and, as soon as we come back – that was last week – we’ll have something.”

Manchin want's Biden to declare a 'national emergency'. Apparently he has forgotten Biden INVITED this crisis, so it's highly doubtful he will admit his catastrophic policies are the reason this is happening, and reverse course.

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin said the nation's "greatest crisis" was insecurity at the southern border.​

we need to fix the border. hope your guys will help write the laws so we don;t have to hear this again in 2026, because manchin will be no help.

I know America has a short attention span but if he shut the border down today it would not matter a fig.

People have eyes and can see, they see it every time they go to they go to the emergency room and have to wade through the raft of snot-nosed hispanic kids and settle into their (if lucky) six-hour wait.

They see it every time they go to a grocery store....Not only high prices but they see some pregnant hispanic woman with three kids in tow paying with EBT.

They see it in their auto insurance rates because someone has to pay for repairs when some uninsured illegal hits you.

I know America has a short attention span but if he shut the border down today it would not matter a fig.

People have eyes and can see, they see it every time they go to they go to the emergency room and have to wade through the raft of snot-nosed hispanic kids and settle into their (if lucky) six-hour wait.

They see it every time they go to a grocery store....Not only high prices but they see some pregnant hispanic woman with three kids in tow paying with EBT.

They see it in their auto insurance rates because someone has to pay for repairs when some uninsured illegal hits you.
ya know where i see immigrants? at the hospital my doctors and nurses are immigrants. at the store, the cashiers, and we have as many uninsured motorists in the trailer parks as we do in the home depot parking lot.

but yes, i'd pay more to see americans in those jobs, even if we do demand a little more in pay and working conditions.

Manchin won't be there in 2026....He's "retiring" because he knows he can't win against Justice.
i understand what it takes for a dem to win in w va, hell, i worked for jon bel edwards twice. they do not have much room for nuance.

Exactly. It is not that Biden’s policies are NOT WORKING.

They are working PERFECTLY for what the Democrats are trying to accomplish. Complete change of the electorate, because they lost the black vote monopoly.

Biden is down 24 points among black voters from 2020.

“Biden now claims the support of just 63% of Black voters, a precipitous decline from the 87% he carried in 2020.”

ALL THESE RACIST BLACKS WHO SUPPORT TRUMP ARE TRUMPTARDS! :laughing0301: :hyper: 🤡

Manchin won't be there in 2026....He's "retiring" because he knows he can't win against Justice.
Bingo. Manchin is on what I call, the "DeSantis" track. He's about to be made extinct and is desperately trying to latch on to some issue that will keep him relevant. But it ain't getting any traction. Democrats see him as a traitor and Republicans aren't gonna give him the time of day...no matter how many conservative views he enunciates. Too much water over the dam. His Senate seat goes back to Republicans and WV goes back to being deep, blood red. :)

we need to fix the border. hope your guys will help write the laws so we don;t have to hear this again in 2026, because manchin will be no help.
If you're referring to Republicans, just months after they took control of the House, they passed a border security bill, but it has been bottled up in Chuck Schumer's Senate, and RIGHT ON CUE, Biden announced he would veto ANY border security bill that reached his desk.

If you're referring to Republicans, just months after they took control of the House, they passed a border security bill, but it has been bottled up in Chuck Schumer's Senate, and RIGHT ON CUE, Biden announced he would veto ANY border security bill that reached his desk.

They had the White House, Senate and House under Trump. They did nothing.

Bingo. Manchin is on what I call, the "DeSantis" track. He's about to be made extinct and is desperately trying to latch on to some issue that will keep him relevant. But it ain't getting any traction. Democrats see him as a traitor and Republicans aren't gonna give him the time of day...no matter how many conservative views he enunciates. Too much water over the dam. His Senate seat goes back to Republicans and WV goes back to being deep, blood red. :)
so they pick up a senator in w va and probably sax in ca (fits their profile - celebrity conservative with a batting average near the mendoza line.)

how do we get a majority? .

If Senator Manchin wants to fix the border, all he needs to do is get behind the Trumpster. Sleepy Joe et al are in favor of letting in as many Illegals as want to come in. Biden's decision to abandon the construction of the Trump Wall is proof.

so they pick up a senator in w va and probably sax in ca (fits their profile - celebrity conservative with a batting average near the mendoza line.)

how do we get a majority? .
In all likelyhood, Republicans will take back the Senate in 2024 by two or three seats. The numbers support and favor it. That's because Democrats have more seats to defend this year than Republicans do. Now, never underestimate Republicans ability to snatch defeat from the gaping jaws of victory (see the two GA Senate runoffs in 2020), but they likely give the Senate back to Republicans. The good part is that despite the redistricting and gerrymandering, Republicans are going to give the House back to Democrats in November. And they will keep the White House because the majority of Americans do NOT want to see another four years of Trump.

The time to take back the Senate is 2026 when Republicans will be defending more seats. I'll spot them WV. It's a blood red state. Beyond help or hope.

well, that is what happens when you write a bill (or more likely have it written by koch lobbyists) and fill it with culture war bull shit. you can say schumer is holdng it up, but that don't mean that we shouldn't try something.

1. why not use the army? i'd rather a few divisions of air cavalry do this as fight in syria. " posse comitatus" was a part of the "corrupt bargain that ended reconstruction and made rutherford hayes president. i don';t believe it was ever meant t o prevent border patrols.

2. why not give them all lawyers and hold speedy hearings. amnesty could be determined rather quickly if we really wanted to.

3. and what do we do about the "job creators.?" are they the "abortion doctors" in this particular hysteria?

Border-2.jpg

Are you going to trust the WHITE HOUSE, or your own eyeballs?

i just hope any horror to our population only happens to biden voters with this board first in the mother fucking line

Forum List

Back