Why Joe Manchin Came To The Rescue For The GOP??

"Office of Management and Budget director nominee Neera Tanden's confirmation has been cast into doubt due to opposition from lawmakers, including Manchin. Those opposed to her taking the position have referenced tweets she sent about lawmakers, criticizing figures from both sides of the aisle. Tanden has apologized for these comments and said she can "work with anyone." -- [On nine occasions, Senator Manchin was the only Democrat to vote to confirm Trump nominees, including two cabinet Secretaries, three circuit court judges, and various other nominees]"

Claiming trollish tweets is the reason he opposes Tanden is a cop-out -- this is personal for him because Neera criticized his big pharma CEO daughter for price gouging, period...any other weak reason he gives like "partisan tweets" is bullshit....this is the same guy who had no problem confirming Jeff Sessions as Attorney General (a person who was too racist to get confirmation during the Reagan era) -- so of course this is personal..The GOP should be thankful to have a Senator like Joe on their side.....

And for the record, being partisan and trolling people on Twitter is a way to move up in the ranks if you are of the GOP -- but if you are of the left, it is wrong....you are expected to govern and be bipartisan if you are of the left.....if you are of the right, you are expected to not govern; just offer bullshit culture war grievances and own the libs.

Perhaps she should have deleted her account before her name was announced

Maybe it is personal but immature trollish tweets should disqualify someone from an important office. It's a definite sign of immaturity.
what statute is that covering exactly? yours? LOL, you feel good snowflakes crack me up. ignore the fking tweets tits!!!!

You are rambling about something but I have no idea what.
that's how I viewed your nonsense post as well. interesting.

"Office of Management and Budget director nominee Neera Tanden's confirmation has been cast into doubt due to opposition from lawmakers, including Manchin. Those opposed to her taking the position have referenced tweets she sent about lawmakers, criticizing figures from both sides of the aisle. Tanden has apologized for these comments and said she can "work with anyone." -- [On nine occasions, Senator Manchin was the only Democrat to vote to confirm Trump nominees, including two cabinet Secretaries, three circuit court judges, and various other nominees]"

Claiming trollish tweets is the reason he opposes Tanden is a cop-out -- this is personal for him because Neera criticized his big pharma CEO daughter for price gouging, period...any other weak reason he gives like "partisan tweets" is bullshit....this is the same guy who had no problem confirming Jeff Sessions as Attorney General (a person who was too racist to get confirmation during the Reagan era) -- so of course this is personal..The GOP should be thankful to have a Senator like Joe on their side.....

And for the record, being partisan and trolling people on Twitter is a way to move up in the ranks if you are of the GOP -- but if you are of the left, it is wrong....you are expected to govern and be bipartisan if you are of the left.....if you are of the right, you are expected to not govern; just offer bullshit culture war grievances and own the libs.
It may shock you to realize that most Democrat representatives across our fruited plain are Democrats and not Liberals.
If Machin doesn't uphold a certain level of integrity he will be voted out of office.
This knowledge gap is caused by only watch the Lame Stream Media.
It's the same problem with RWers who only watch Fox.

A democrat who can think for himself? How has he avoided Fort Marcy Park?

I seem to recall 7 Republican Senators that got little to no support for thinking for themselves.

That's different though, right?
Something progs have not done for decades.

Irrelevant to my principles and what I support.

What do you base your beliefs on?
yeah, my principles are ones that an elected official speaks for the people that voted them into office. Consequences of an election. Not to turn one's head from those people and vote their conscience. that isn't the job of a politician. You agree or disagree?

I seem to recall 7 Republican Senators that got little to no support for thinking for themselves.

yeah, my principles are ones that an elected official speaks for the people that voted them into office. Consequences of an election. Not to turn one's head from those people and vote their conscience. that isn't the job of a politician. You agree or disagree?

If you believe that the place of a president is to call people juvenile names for you, no, I do not agree with that.

If you believe that the place of a president is to call people juvenile names for you, no, I do not agree with that.
Why does that bother you? I want policies that help my fellow people. name one trump policy that didn't help americans?

Why does that bother you? I want policies that help my fellow people. name one trump policy that didn't help americans?

Tariffs. Cost consumers money and bankrupted farmers. And in the end he walked away and changed nothing.

Trolls trolling. It's what they do.

Tariffs. Cost consumers money and bankrupted farmers. And in the end he walked away and changed nothing.
It took 30+ years of globalism to destroy the US and you expect to fix it in 4.

I don't think you really feel Trump's policies helped Americans....because Trumpers do such a piss poor job of explaining to the rest of us how run of the mill republican policies are suddenly helping Americans now

Globalism is just another name for late-stage capitalism.....

Endorsed by both parties.

Yup...

Now back to late stage capitalism.......

How come only one side of the political spectrum is willing to ADMIT that is the problem??

Again....."globalism" is just shit conservatives fearmonger about to obfuscate from the underlying problems

Calling people names and walking away was never going to fix anything.

Yup...

Now back to late stage capitalism.......

How come only one side of the political spectrum is willing to ADMIT that is the problem??

Again....."globalism" is just shit conservatives fearmonger about to obfuscate from the underlying problems
Based on legislation, both parties are immersed in Late Stage Capitalism.
And the man you live to hate, Trump, was totally anti-Late Stage Capitalism.

Stating a fact is not name calling.
I bet you never cried for the millions who lost their jobs and careers in the last 30 years.

Stating a fact is not name calling.
I bet you never cried for the millions who lost their jobs and careers in the last 30 years.

What a worthless irrelevant vast generalization. Who has condemned jobs going overseas here more than me?

Forum List

Back