CDZ Why is USA so pro-military?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
I've seen Americans go out of their way to thank their soldiers for "risking their lives for the country", but I don't really understand this sentiment.
It doesn't seem like America would be at war if they did not send their armies to places like the Middle East... and they're not really protecting Americans while they're stationed overseas. It almost seems like they're instigating a war, rather than protecting the American citizens.
I don't understand also this military worshiping culture. Why do you call them heroes?

I've seen Americans go out of their way to thank their soldiers for "risking their lives for the country", but I don't really understand this sentiment.
It doesn't seem like America would be at war if they did not send their armies to places like the Middle East... and they're not really protecting Americans while they're stationed overseas. It almost seems like they're instigating a war, rather than protecting the American citizens.
I don't understand also this military worshiping culture. Why do you call them heroes?

Still, individual acts of bravery have to be recognized even though US soldiers in the middle east are only there to protect the oil companies, which are too cheap to hire their own mercenaries. And exxon certainly won't give these veterans who risk there lives a bonus, or even a discount at the pump back in the good old USA.

Is it an actual question in the title? I'd like to answer. Because people have bought into the propaganda. This is especially true of young Americans. It used to be that the young were among the most anti war, but that has changed, unfortunately. Don't be fanatic. Any war is evil.

Is it an actual question in the title? I'd like to answer. Because people have bought into the propaganda. This is especially true of young Americans. It used to be that the young were among the most anti war, but that has changed, unfortunately. Don't be fanatic. Any war is evil.
Depends what the war is about, but US citizens have always been violent....and warlike....

Any war? Are you sure?

Depends what the war is about, but US citizens have always been violent....and warlike....

Not me. When my time came to do my involuntary servitude in the military in the 60's, I picked the safest, most nonviolent and cowardly of military billets.

Not me. When my time came to do my involuntary servitude in the military in the 60's, I picked the safest, most nonviolent and cowardly of military billets.
Good for you.....

Asks the guy with the Poland flag. Our troops are here and there. If they are there, fewer terrorists are here. If they were all here, then terrorists would multiply like rabbits there and start taking over free countries, genocide would be the rule of the day, trade would be disrupted, American babies would starve to death, etc, etc, etc. It's really not rocket science.

Let's see if I can shed some light on this.....

My family came to this continent in the 1650's. In that time, every male colonist had to be a rifleman, because his shooting skills to a large degree determined whether or not his family regularly ate meat. It also determined whether the community would be safe from not-always-friendly natives. Those riflemen then ended up forming the militias that fought with Britich Regulars in the French and Indian War and then the Minutemen who stood up to those same British Regulars.

During the American Revoution and War of 1812, most of the Amercan forces were Citizen Soldiers, who brought their own weapons and equipment to the battlefield. Even during the Civil War, the more American side (the South) was largely armed privately rather than by the Government. After the Civil War, the Department of War assisted in the creation of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) which still exists to this day, to help keep civilians competent in marksmanship skills in case of war.

After the Civil War, the American Military became more professional, but still depended on volunteers rather than conscripts for the most part. Very few Americans today who have been her for more than a generation or two cannot find a US Military Veteran in their family. As Americans we are proud of those who choose to give of themselves and serve. We are also through thanking those individuals thanking all that have come before them and all who will come after them.

Americans are "Pro-Military" because most of us understnad where we would be without that military. We understand the sacrafices those men and women make, and the traditions they uphold. We know those Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Coastguardsmen and Marines WILL be there when this nation needs them again.

THAT is why Americans are so proud of our military and why we consider our men and women in uniform to be such heroes.

The US military protects America's interests and allies....much like we did in WWII.

The US Government is Pro War NOT the American People.

The Military Industrial Complex wants War profits, the average American just wants to be left the Fuck alone.

We have not had a war to defend the nation since WWII.

Every military operation since then has been to insure corporate profits or to insure campaign donations. We are more defenders of totalitarianism than defenders of freedom.

But it's easy to sell the idea that we are doing this for the benefit of freedom.

Every military operation since then has been to insure corporate profits or to insure campaign donations. We are more defenders of totalitarianism than defenders of freedom.

But it's easy to sell the idea that we are doing this for the benefit of freedom.

images

That line of reasoning might work as to why the US attacked Japan.

It does not explain why the United States threw the first punch at Germany in two world wars.

*****SMILE*****

:)

images

That line of reasoning might work as to why the US attacked Japan.

It does not explain why the United States threw the first punch at Germany in two world wars.

*****SMILE*****

:)
Hitler declared war on us what we supposed to do send him flowers and a box of chocolate's ?

Interesting that Germany declared war on the US on Dec 11th 1941 and the US declared War on them THE SAME DAY.

The Military Industrial Complex wants War profits, the average American just wants to be left the Fuck alone.

That may be. But it's easy to get Mr. Average American riled up enough to go to war.

All it takes is a good propaganda program. And after off-shoring most economic options for young men our military has an endless supply of canon fodder.

Forum List

Back