Why is the world so crazy now?

Believe me, MisterBeale, I am not influenced by propaganda, even from right wing sources. I realize that President Trump has his faults, and many of them. He is a very flawed man. I just think he is better than the alternatives we are offered. The fact that both left and right wing establishment politicians dislike him speaks volumes to me. :)

I really like the fact that he is not a polished politician who speaks well and who is smooth. Those are the most dangerous kind, IMO.

"Propaganda" is in NO way limited to politics. As you just learned, ALL advertising is propaganda. And it's deeper than just the ad --- for example whether you ingest a Coke ad or a Pepsi ad, both of those companies dug their claws a bit deeper into your psyche, because no matter which one it was, it sold you the idea of drinking sugary carbonated shit. Once you're past that point it's just a question of which company gets your money.

You know how Edward Bernays got women to smoke?

I don't drink Coke or Pepsi. :D I like juice and water because they quench my thirst, and I like iced coffee. I don't buy things or consume things because of ads. Nobody has "their claws in my psyche." Political propaganda is much more dangerous than advertisers who are just trying to make a buck.

Political propaganda affects us in campaigns, when we read the news, and on election day. Commercial propaganda affects us virtually every minute of every day. Its campaign is literally never over, not even on Christmas. And again, its whole purpose is to persuade you to buy shit you don't need. If you need something, you don't need to be persuaded. And that means TV commercials, radio commercials, magazine spreads, billboards --- it's all around, everywhere. Except Vermont where billboards are illegal.

Just the idea that it's a normal thing for ANYONE to drink brown carbonated sugar water is insidious enough. Maybe more to the point of propaganda is that such commercials don't just sell their own product --- they sell lifestyles. They sell values. They normailze the idea of drinking brown sugar water, the idea of ingesting cardboard grease-saturated fat, the idea of driving around Boston in a truck big enough to tow an asteroid. THAT is power and it's relentless and it affects everything around us whether you or I buy that monster truck or not.

You remember back in the 1990s when thousands and thousands of people marched on Detroit demanding to be given bloated inverted bathtubs to drive? I don't either. Advertising did that. Now look around on the street. That's the power of propaganda.

Last edited:
Believe me, MisterBeale, I am not influenced by propaganda, even from right wing sources. I realize that President Trump has his faults, and many of them. He is a very flawed man. I just think he is better than the alternatives we are offered. The fact that both left and right wing establishment politicians dislike him speaks volumes to me. :)

I really like the fact that he is not a polished politician who speaks well and who is smooth. Those are the most dangerous kind, IMO.

"Propaganda" is in NO way limited to politics. As you just learned, ALL advertising is propaganda. And it's deeper than just the ad --- for example whether you ingest a Coke ad or a Pepsi ad, both of those companies dug their claws a bit deeper into your psyche, because no matter which one it was, it sold you the idea of drinking sugary carbonated shit. Once you're past that point it's just a question of which company gets your money.

I don't drink Coke or Pepsi. :D I like juice and water because they quench my thirst, and I like iced coffee. I don't buy things or consume things because of ads. Nobody has "their claws in my psyche." Political propaganda is much more dangerous than advertisers who are just trying to make a buck.

Yeah, no one believes you.

You don't believe what?

Lol! You people are nutbars. :D

Political propaganda affects us in campaigns, when we read the news, and on election day. Commercial propaganda affects us virtually every minute of every day. Its campaign is literally never over, not even on Christmas. And again, its whole purpose is to persuade you to buy shit you don't need. If you need something, you don't need to be persuaded. And that means TV commercials, radio commercials, magazine spreads, billboards --- it's all around, everywhere. Except Vermont where billboards are illegal.

Just the idea that it's a normal thing for ANYONE to drink brown carbonated sugar water is insidious enough. Maybe more to the point of propaganda is that such commercials don't just sell their own product --- they sell lifestyles. They sell values. The normailze the ida of drinking brown sugar water, of ingesting cardboard grease-saturated fat, of driving around Boston in a truck big enough to tow an asteroid. THAT is power and it's relentless and it affects everything around us whether you or I buy that monster truck or not.

So? Turn off your television if you find these ads irresistible. :dunno: I don't know what to tell ya.

I find political propaganda more dangerous. That is all there is to it. If you want to get upset about that, that is your problem. :dunno:

Just the idea that it's a normal thing for ANYONE to drink brown carbonated sugar water is insidious enough. Maybe more to the point of propaganda is that such commercials don't just sell their own product --- they sell lifestyles. They sell values. The normailze the ida of drinking brown sugar water, of ingesting cardboard grease-saturated fat, of driving around Boston in a truck big enough to tow an asteroid. THAT is power and it's relentless and it affects everything around us whether you or I buy that monster truck or not.

So? Turn off your television if you find these ads irresistible. :dunno: I don't know what to tell ya.

I find political propaganda more dangerous. That is all there is to it. If you want to get upset about that, that is your problem. :dunno:

"My television"?

I don't have no steenking television. What, are you crazed?

"My television"?

Well then, what are you complaining about? I guess you have a problem with advertising campaigns. Lecturing me about it isn't going to do a thing. :D

You don't believe what?

I don't believe you when you say you aren't influenced by propaganda. You're a Cult45 moon bat. Is that clear enough for you, cupcake?

"My television"?

Well then, what are you complaining about? I guess you have a problem with advertising campaigns. Lecturing me about it isn't going to do a thing. :D

I see advertising for what it really is, because I see television for what IT really is, and TEE VEE was cited, quite correctly, as a major factor in answer to the question in the OP of this thread.

You don't believe what?

I don't believe you when you say you aren't influenced by propaganda. You're a Cult45 moon bat. Is that clear enough for you, cupcake?

Do you think I care about what you believe? Lol! :lol:

"My television"?

I see advertising for what it really is, because I see television for what IT really is, and TEE VEE was cited, quite correctly, as a major factor in answer to the question in the OP of this thread.

I agreed with you, so what are you arguing about?

You don't believe what?

Nope. I just call them as I see them, snowflake.

You don't believe what?

Like I said, I don't care. Lol! Now screw off, nutjob! :D

"My television"?

I ain't the one arguing. YOU are.

"My television"?

I ain't the one arguing. YOU are.

No, I'm not. I said I agreed that advertisers used propaganda. ??? I told you that I am well aware of their propaganda. So what has you so upset?

You don't believe what?

You already said that. It didn't require repeating. We also don't live in any reality where you give me orders.

You don't believe what?

You already said that. It didn't require repeating. We also don't live in any reality where you give me orders.

Am I going to have to put you on ignore, as a stalker? I told you I don't care what you think. Now, stop quoting me, please. TIA. :D

Hey ChrisL.....I'm watching LivePD right now too, lol. Yeah...them's some mighty crazy nutbars tonight, :ack-1:

Am I going to have to put you on ignore, as a stalker? I told you I don't care what you think. Now, stop quoting me, please. TIA. :D

I don't give a rats ass what you do, idiot. Stop repeating yourself, we got it. I do what I like. Don't like it, ignore me. :dunno: IDGAF

I don't give a rats ass what you do, idiot. Stop repeating yourself, we got it. I do what I like. Don't like it, ignore me. :dunno: IDGAF

Off to ignore for you, weirdo.

Forum List

Back