Why is the US Failing to Employ Its Veterans?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
A US general gives his views on this matter @ Busines Insider and I found his comments quite interesting. Among them were:

In large part, it’s the historical absence of a professional networking culture in the military and purpose-built communities like RallyPoint that enable this culture to take root. If our service members are exposed to the same professional networking as their civilian counterparts, they will see increased opportunities while serving and once transitioned back to civilian life.

Read more: Lt General Freakley on Veteran Unemployment - Business Insider

:cool:

I'm very unhappy to hear about the Obama Administration not looking out for our military when they return home and need jobs to support their families. He is shrinking the military irresponsibly if he thinks he can get away with ignoring troops.

He already saw to it a lot of them didn't get to vote, and now he's blocked their jobs because he feels he is ONLY obligated to give HIS voters a job.

I'm incensed.

I'm very unhappy to hear about the Obama Administration not looking out for our military when they return home and need jobs to support their families. He is shrinking the military irresponsibly if he thinks he can get away with ignoring troops.

He already saw to it a lot of them didn't get to vote, and now he's blocked their jobs because he feels he is ONLY obligated to give HIS voters a job.

I'm incensed.

Whaaaat?

It was GOP Senator Tom Coburn who wants to cut veterans benefits.

Tom Coburn’s cuts: Military’s Tricare Prime health care program targeted - The Washington Post

It was John McCain who complained that if you keep giving veterans benefits, they won't want to stay in the military.

McCain's attack on vets - Los Angeles Times

Meet the 40 Senate Republicans Who Betrayed Veterans By Killing $1 Billion in Jobs

Senate GOP blocks veterans jobs bill - CBS News

Why do these right wingers rely on "Arab Owned" Fox for their info. It's disgusting. They attack Obama for everything. It's fucking racism is what it is. What else could it be? They keep defending an odious party that attacks all types of Americans again and again but attack the only president in the last 8 who has shown so much support for the military.

The ex-military can network on their own, the same way I do.
It's not the governments responsibility to provide ex-military with a job post militate service.
The ex-military folk are smart people, they'll figure it out.

It isn't so easy, the employment environment is very tough. But from experience, working with vets is a real pleasure. They are very disciplined and focused on problem solving. They are team players and actually want to get stuff done.

It isn't so easy, the employment environment is very tough. But from experience, working with vets is a real pleasure. They are very disciplined and focused on problem solving. They are team players and actually want to get stuff done.

Again and again, Republicans on this site come up with a "I know a guy who used to date a girl that was my sisters friend in the 9th grade" and they say they were a "stupid engineer" or a "lazy veteran" or a "dumb college graduate". But for the most part, they are wrong. There are always a few outliers. Republicans seem to know ONLY the outliers.

Again and again, Republicans on this site come up with a "I know a guy who used to date a girl that was my sisters friend in the 9th grade" and they say they were a "stupid engineer" or a "lazy veteran" or a "dumb college graduate". But for the most part, they are wrong. There are always a few outliers. Republicans seem to know ONLY the outliers.

I'm going off of my experience when I owned a bar..and when I worked in IT. Almost every vet I worked with, was exceptional, easy going and proactive about getting the job done.

Couldn't recommend hiring a vet more.

Veterans are no different than any other Americans. Actually they are better off because they can go to college. If they want to get jobs learn the skills.

Forum List

Back