Why is the inner-city so violent?

Lets not even talk about overcrowding in America. Look at any population that experiences overcrowding, any race, anywhere.

That's so true.

The more of us there are in a given space, the less we value the company of others.

It's just human nature.

Correction tho....Its not just human behavior its been shown in studies with a variety of animals also. Its pretty well documented.

You ever seen "the hood" thats developed. All Brick, no landscaping, fences etc. Its almost like a Jail with your own door key

1.Most manufacturing jobs have abandoned the inner cities
2. The only major source of income in those areas is now drugs
3. The drug trade leads to violence

Why is the inner-city so violent and why isn't it national news? Where is the outrage over thousands of young men killing each other??? I read daily on the local news out of Chicago and you're talking about 20-30 people shot per day. This is nuts.

I'm assuming that most of this violence is done by minority gangs. So is it accurate to blame the single parent families for not being there for their child? Making the child turn to these gangs...

I think this is the biggest problem facing this nation.

How do we uplift these people? I think we need to discuss the most important issue we face.

Let's invest more into education of our inner-cities and set up a program that helps these children get interested in business, science and innovation. KEEPING THEM OUT OF GANGS.

Shhhhhh. Leave them alone. Let them kill each other off. Once they have killed one another off, we can move in and rebuild the inner cities and make them attractive and productive centers of commerce. Those animals are lawless and totally barbaric in nature and could never conform nor contribute to society anyway. The sooner they are extinct, the better. Send them surplus military ammo.

Last edited:
Why is the inner-city so violent and why isn't it national news? Where is the outrage over thousands of young men killing each other??? I read daily on the local news out of Chicago and you're talking about 20-30 people shot per day. This is nuts.
I'm assuming that most of this violence is done by minority gangs. So is it accurate to blame the single parent families for not being there for their child? Making the child turn to these gangs...
How do we uplift these people? I think we need to discuss the most important issue we face.
Let's invest more into education of our inner-cities and set up a program that helps these children get interested in business, science and innovation. KEEPING THEM OUT OF GANGS.
Close quarters, high population and reduction in services create an environment that isnt favorable. Thats why they are called the "projects".
Do the people that live there have no responsibility?
Sure they do. Does the environment play any part in it?
The people living in a particular community make their own environment. Ive been poor before, but I never shot or robbed anyone. Do you know why? Its because I had responsible parents that taught me right from wrong. Its because they knew how to discipline me, without using a fucking switch or fist.

Remove black culture from the ghetto and the ghetto will be just fine.

Close quarters, high population and reduction in services create an environment that isnt favorable. Thats why they are called the "projects".
The people living in a particular community make their own environment. Ive been poor before, but I never shot or robbed anyone. Do you know why? Its because I had responsible parents that taught me right from wrong. Its because they knew how to discipline me, without using a fucking switch or fist.

The ghetto no matter what race it is or what country it is is never fine. Also the people who live in those communities arent on the city planning board either.

Dont like black culture? Ok...Black culture has nothing to do with the ghettos in Russia, Brazil etc but they're still bad.

The ghetto no matter what race it is or what country it is is never fine. Also the people who live in those communities arent on the city planning board either.

Dont like black culture? Ok...Black culture has nothing to do with the ghettos in Russia, Brazil etc but they're still bad.

Duhhhh. Russia and Brazil are not American problems though. Go there and get your SNAP. Loot and destroy those neighborhoods. Murder and rape their people, then I'll give you your ridiculous and self-serving little point.

Duhhhh. Russia and Brazil are not American problems though. Go there and get your SNAP. Loot and destroy those neighborhoods. Murder and rape their people, then I'll give you your ridiculous and self-serving little point.

Duhhhhh its not black culture idiot

There are plenty of poor white communities, yet they NEVER come close to the level of violence found in black communities, and black communities are consistantly violent all over the nation.

Either black people are inherently violent because of their race, or they are violent because of black culture. I dont believe that certain races are predisposed to violence, therefore i must conclude that its a cultural problem. Its one of the other, so you might want to rethink your position before saying it isnt cultural.

Last edited:
The ignorant males and females begetting out of wedlock babies are themselves the products of the same irresponsibly of a previous generation which of course inherited the practice from its prior generation, and so on since black families started to unravel a few decades ago.

The offspring of such irresponsible behavior then are left to grow and mature in an environment in which nobody teaches right from wrong, or much of anything else that will lead them on a path to productive lives. And the cycle just repeats itself in ever shortening time spans as each generation's "parents" get younger and younger.

The black community now has millions of such offspring in an age grouping of 14 thru 40 or so. It's the biggest problem facing blacks today, but change can only come from within. They've created it and only they can fix it. Will they ever?

Well for starters, the Democrat party has fed them a line of BS for how many years and look at what they still have to live in while waiting for their monthly stipend from Democrats.

oh and it's of course all you whites fault out in the country

it's their own fault they voted themselves back into SLAVERY TO A PARTY

If they are selling pies on a street corner, they might be ISIS affiliated so Knock them the f out.

A lot of the violent crime in cities is committed by repeat offenders. If someone is the victim of a crime commited by someone who was locked up but then released early via the parole system, they should be able to collect compensatory AND punitive damages from the Department of Corrections that made an error in judgment and released him before he had served out his full sentence. I don't know if this is actually the case now, but it should be.

1.Most manufacturing jobs have abandoned the inner cities
2. The only major source of income in those areas is now drugs
3. The drug trade leads to violence

Not only that but those conditions lead to a loss of hope and expectancy by the larger non-criminal residents. I was actually surprised to make it to my 21 birthday and still be alive. You lose expectancy and hope and you just start trying to survive.

There are plenty of poor white communities, yet they NEVER come close to the level of violence found in black communities, and black communities are consistantly violent all over the nation.

Ok but they are violent tho and the OP asked the question. I provided the answer and it seems you dont disagree. Also if you look at the white communities vs the black poor ones you'd notice that the white areas arent as overpopulated as the white ones since we are discussing levels.

Either black people are inherently violent because of their race, or they are violent because of black culture. I dont believe that certain races are predisposed to violence, therefore i must conclude that its a cultural problem. Its one of the other, so you might want to rethink your position before saying it isnt cultural.

That would make sense if ghettos all around the world didnt follow the same route. Its hard to blame black culture on violence in Russia or Czech Republic or anywhere there is a large concentration of poor people. But you arent looking for an answer to why inner cities are violent you are only looking to answer another question which is "whats wrong with black people only and specifically?"

A lot of the violent crime in cities is committed by repeat offenders. If someone is the victim of a crime commited by someone who was locked up but then released early via the parole system, they should be able to collect compensatory AND punitive damages from the Department of Corrections that made an error in judgment and released him before he had served out his full sentence. I don't know if this is actually the case now, but it should be.

Not really sold on this idea since the prison system is nothing but a sort of crime college. Since theres little to no opportunity when people are released and America seems to enjoy locking up its citizens it kinda creates an environment where people turn to crime to pay the bills or they just dont try hard enough. Dont get me wrong they dont have to commit crimes and they arent forced to do so but its kinda like being stranded on an island. No one forces you to eat a snake but when you're hungry you'll do things you wouldnt normally do or go back to what is comfortable

Forum List

Back