Why is the inner-city so violent?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Why is the inner-city so violent and why isn't it national news? Where is the outrage over thousands of young men killing each other??? I read daily on the local news out of Chicago and you're talking about 20-30 people shot per day. This is nuts.

I'm assuming that most of this violence is done by minority gangs. So is it accurate to blame the single parent families for not being there for their child? Making the child turn to these gangs...

I think this is the biggest problem facing this nation.

How do we uplift these people? I think we need to discuss the most important issue we face.

Let's invest more into education of our inner-cities and set up a program that helps these children get interested in business, science and innovation. KEEPING THEM OUT OF GANGS.

Last edited:
The left seems to take issue with the single parent argument.
They feel it's racist to say that this is a problem.
They also feel it's perfectly normal for a woman to raise a child alone.
It's also fine to have a baby with different men who leave them to raise their kids.

After all there is a huge government mechanism in place to support this behavior.
This is part of the foundation of the democrat party.

Single parent children deserve opportunities too. Those families shouldn't be looked down on by anybody. But is it a problem in this country that many parents are abandoning their children? Absolutely. That's mostly a result of economic and social issues. I have no idea why this thread is in the "race" forum.

It's also fine to have a baby with different men who leave them to raise their kids.

After all there is a huge government mechanism in place to support this behavior.

It is normal for women to raise children alone today...thanks to Reaganomics.

Reaganomics - The Destruction of the Family
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/01/01/662876/-Reaganomics-The-Destruction-of-the-Family

Last edited:
  • Banned

The dad thinks he can screw everything in sight. The man doesn't learn that he needs to stay home with his children to develop that commitment within the child.

The kids don't want to become doctors, scientist or businesses men as they go for the gangs that give them that false idea of "stability".

Education and a stable caring family is the point.

Last edited:

The dad thinks he can screw everything in sight. The man doesn't learn that he needs to stay home with his children to develop that commitment within the child.

The kids don't want to become doctors, scientist or businesses men as they go for the gangs that give them that false idea of "stability".

Okay so what do you propose to do about this?

• Banned
Single parent children deserve opportunities too. Those families shouldn't be looked down on by anybody. But is it a problem in this country that many parents are abandoning their children? Absolutely. That's mostly a result of economic and social issues. I have no idea why this thread is in the "race" forum.

These kids deserve every opportunity and I don't look down on them. The economic and social problems are partly because of the single families producing children that take part in local instability through violence instead of education.

fatherless-children.
poverty.
poor education.
legacy of slavery and segregation.
lack of low-skill middle-class jobs.

Okay so what do you propose to do about this?

This problem effects us all as this is by far the most important issue facing this country today. My proposal is 1. More money for education as long it is spent on the students and not on the unions, and 2. part of education can teach young men about the importance of being a dad? At least this generation as hopefully the next will have the stability for the families to take over.

We have to beat gang and ghetto culture to win this.

Last edited:
1. That's my point
2. Poverty is because of 1 and 3
4. Nah...60 years later. You can't blame whitey for the problems that you have to take care yourself. ;)
5. Goes back to 1 and 3.

Segregation ended in the 1970s.

that was 35 years ago.

did blacks find an America full of lots of good low-skilled and medium-skilled jobs for them to just flood into?

nope.

by the time Jim Crow ended, America's manufacturing base was on its way out.

they missed their chance to have a generation of blacks working up the middle-class ladder.

All of the good manufacturing jobs and other low-skilled jobs that got people into the middle-class, were taken by immigrants during the first half of the 20th century.

those jobs should have gone to native blacks.

those jobs would have made our inner city today, MUCH safer.

1. That's my point
2. Poverty is because of 1 and 3
4. Nah...60 years later. You can't blame whitey for the problems that you have to take care yourself. ;)
5. Goes back to 1 and 3.

Segregation ended in the 1970s.

that was 35 years ago.

did blacks find an America full of lots of good low-skilled and medium-skilled jobs for them to just flood into?

nope.

by the time Jim Crow ended, America's manufacturing base was on its way out.

they missed their chance to have a generation of blacks working up the middle-class ladder.

How about if we funded more infrastructure? Like building modern bridges, modern energy infrastructure and fund more education within our inner-cities? We seem to have a lot of poor infrastructure that we could put a lot of people back to work repairing and building.

How about if we funded more infrastructure? Like building modern bridges, modern energy infrastructure and fund more education within our inner-cities? We seem to have a lot of poor infrastructure that could put a lot of people back to work.

construction work isn't a good way out of poverty or the lower class.

we need good manufacturing jobs.

tens of millions of them.

hence, we have a problem.

Because they are full of blacks, and many blacks are full of violence - but you knew that :afro:

Got back and dwell a spell on the first sentence of the OP. Maybe a light bulb will go off.

Forum List

Back