Why is Marijuana Illegal?

☭proletarian☭;2081079 said:
Can anyone provide any real arguments for the criminalization of marijuana?

I have heard that one of the reasons hemp is, is because it would take away business from oil companies and cotton producers.
And the War on Drugs was created to arrest hippies, because Nixon couldn't get them for protesting. :D

Can you actually tell me why we should legalize only marijuana? You seem to be making the argument that it is your personal choice (which it is) but then tell everyone that it is safe which it is not. Why not include other harmful drugs as well such as cocaine or crack? I'm suspicious of 'liberals' who want to legalize marijuana but not others since I've learned that communist handed out plenty of booze to the population.

Where did pro say that we should only legalize marijuana?

Can you actually tell me why we should legalize only marijuana? You seem to be making the argument that it is your personal choice (which it is) but then tell everyone that it is safe which it is not.

How is it dangerous?

Only one THC-related death recorded in history- and that was from an artificial pill.

Impossible to overdose.

Not physically addictive.

Not known to have a significant risk of drug interactions.

Only know side effects: sleepyness (makes it kinda like turkey), cancer (makes it kinda like living in any city and breathing the air)

Because it is a gateway drug.

Anyone who uses it inevitably starts using cocaine, crack, heroin, prescription drugs, acid, snuffing glue, etc.

Fail.

The ultimate gateway drug is caffeine. People get addicted, build a tolerance, and turn to fenfen. When that stops working, it's freebase and crys until they have no teef left.

☭proletarian☭;2084773 said:
Fail.

The ultimate gateway drug is caffeine. People get addicted, build a tolerance, and turn to fenfen. When that stops working, it's freebase and crys until they have no teef left.

I drank 6 cups o'java on Monday to try to get rid of my migraine. Until I gave up and took a nap.

Fail.

Fail
Sugar is the gateway to everything.:razz:

Fail.

Fail
Sugar is the gateway to everything.:razz:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vBGOrI6yBk]YouTube - System Of A Down - Sugar[/ame]

☭proletarian☭;2084753 said:

Can you actually tell me why we should legalize only marijuana? You seem to be making the argument that it is your personal choice (which it is) but then tell everyone that it is safe which it is not.

How is it dangerous?

Only one THC-related death recorded in history- and that was from an artificial pill.

Impossible to overdose.

Only know side effects: sleepyness (makes it kinda like turkey), cancer (makes it kinda like living in any city and breathing the air)

From my understanding of pot, one effect is constriction of blood vessels and arteries carrying oxygen and vital nutrients to the brain and other vital organs.

Now... take a person with high cholesterol and hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis) and they have a heart attack, collapsed arteries or blood vessels, or they have a stroke.

Since pot is illegal, I suspect most people don't admit to their physician to it as a contributing factor, provided their still alive or capable.

How is it dangerous?

Impossible to overdose.

From my understanding of pot, one effect is constriction of blood vessels and arteries carrying oxygen and vital nutrients to the brain and other vital organs.

Now... take a person with high cholesterol and hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis) and they have a heart attack, collapsed arteries or blood vessels, or they have a stroke.

Since pot is illegal, I suspect most people don't admit to their physician to it as a contributing factor, provided their still alive or capable.

YOu are 100% wrong, for one marijuana prevents plague build up in the brain.
It also opens up blood vessels, and lower blood pressure. So if going by your logic, you could say it may prevent heart attacks.

How is it dangerous?

Impossible to overdose.

YOu are 100% wrong, for one marijuana prevents plague build up in the brain.
It also opens up blood vessels, and lower blood pressure. So if going by your logic, you could say it may prevent heart attacks.

The problem is you can get articles on both sides of the issue, so your left with...:confused:

---------------------------

Hence, this leads to an increased likelihood of a stroke in the brain (clot that originated in the heart). It also increases the possibility of a small clot forming in the heart, which could also then travel to the arteries surrounding the heart and cause a heart attack.

Marijuana's Effects on the Heart - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Can you actually tell me why we should legalize only marijuana? You seem to be making the argument that it is your personal choice (which it is) but then tell everyone that it is safe which it is not. Why not include other harmful drugs as well such as cocaine or crack? I'm suspicious of 'liberals' who want to legalize marijuana but not others since I've learned that communist handed out plenty of booze to the population.

Why?

Why not?

What is the point of criminalizing people who are in no way a threat to society?

The obligation of those who want a law is to JUSTIFY that law.

Every justification ever used to make weed illegal is based on a lie.

Fail.

Im up to 14 cups a day!! Good Lord lets me keeps mah teefs!!

Because DuPont and the logging and paper industry want it that way. They got rid of hemp as a cheap competitor.

You can add 5% to the US GDP by allowing hemp production for food, clothing and paper.

Cannabis should NOT be illegal either! Alcohol is far far more dangerous that pot ever was. In fact, virtually every serial killer had alcoholic parents, its at least 95% of them, but none of them or almost none of them had stoners for parents.

Throw in the other white supremacist mores and Reefer Madness movie and you are correct Frank.
Well done. I agree 100%.

We must protect the children!!! The only drugs that children should be allowed to abuse are the ones asshole psychiatrists prescribe them or the prescription drugs they steal from their parents which cause more harm than pot ever could. Seriously I just popped 3 pills of hydrocodone and drank a beer while typing this.

:lol: And you're still awake.....?

Forum List

Back