Why is Marijuana Illegal?

&

☭proletarian☭

Can anyone provide any real arguments for the criminalization of marijuana?

I have no clue, I am running out of liver, it is time to fuck my lungs.

But I believe in rule of law.

Except with magic mushrooms, that is a religious right.

☭proletarian☭;2081079 said:

Because it gives the POLs still another bullshit reason to bust people who might otherwise be a political threat.

That was NiXXon's reason for not decriminalizing it, when his drug advisory committee suggest that he do so , at least.

He was about to decriminalize it, when one of his political advisers reminded him that weed was the drug of choice of the protestors that were plaguing him.

True fact, folks.

The prohibition on weed is entirely a form of political oppression.

Last edited:
You have to draw the line in the sand someplace and this is where they decided to draw it.

that, and one can roll into any rural two bit town, and watch ems & fire do bottle drives and pancake breakfasts for their next rig, while the cops ride by in the latest and greatest.....

Because back in the '20s, white people were afraid that negroes would get all hopped up on reefer and rape their women.

What, you didn't see Reefer Madness?

Sure I saw it.

But we're talking about why its illegal today.

Had NiXXon listened to his own advisors on drug policy, the FEDERAL government would have decriminalized weed.

He choose not to do that for entirely partisan political reasons.

Now the WoDs has taken on a life and an ECONOMY all its own.

Now there are many people who have a vested interest in keeping weed illegal.

To start with most states and courts(and the legal community generally especially lawyers), too get enormous amounts of money from court costs and fines imposed on citizens who choose to smoke.

Then politically, there's the cops who are rewarded with extra pay fromt he Feds to help in big busts, lots of toys in the form of grants from the DEA, and of course there's the reward of confiscating property, too.

And of course the gangsters don't want to see that cash cow legalized, either.

Niow there's all sorts of people who benefit from the continued prhibition on hemp.

Last edited:
Prolly because special interest groups, i.e. those that make money off the justice system, want it that way.

One would think there's more benefit in keeping the public stoned the way thinks are going in this country.....

One would think there's more benefit in keeping the public stoned the way thinks are going in this country.....

Of course....but with pharaceutical drugs like anti-depressants.

ANYBODY can grow their own dope if its legalized.

I"d be fine if they legalized pot. Maybe I'd open a little head shop with a small cafe attached and serve homemade munchies . . .

Because DuPont and the logging and paper industry want it that way. They got rid of hemp as a cheap competitor.

You can add 5% to the US GDP by allowing hemp production for food, clothing and paper.

Cannabis should NOT be illegal either! Alcohol is far far more dangerous that pot ever was. In fact, virtually every serial killer had alcoholic parents, its at least 95% of them, but none of them or almost none of them had stoners for parents.

We must protect the children!!! The only drugs that children should be allowed to abuse are the ones asshole psychiatrists prescribe them or the prescription drugs they steal from their parents which cause more harm than pot ever could. Seriously I just popped 3 pills of hydrocodone and drank a beer while typing this.

☭proletarian☭;2081079 said:

Can you actually tell me why we should legalize only marijuana? You seem to be making the argument that it is your personal choice (which it is) but then tell everyone that it is safe which it is not. Why not include other harmful drugs as well such as cocaine or crack? I'm suspicious of 'liberals' who want to legalize marijuana but not others since I've learned that communist handed out plenty of booze to the population.

I suspect their are more motives behind the move to legalize pot than someone's personal choice because liberals seem to be selective over the freedom they want you to have and the ones that they want you to have usually serve another motive. The right to abort fetuses is a good example.

Forum List

Back