Why is Liberal Radio Such a Flop?

1. Stephanie Miller
2. Randi Rhodes
3. Norman Goldmann

All have had their shows pulled for reasons OTHER than their ratings.

All three do way better than the MAJORITY of RW talkers on the radio...who are still on the radio.

I guess you're saying they lost their shows because they are black?
That seems to be the Lib answer for everything....
WoW! You don't even have SENSE enough to Google them first.

They're all white.

*SMH*

I just assumed you were playing the race card....
That happens a lot around here.....

I listened to a liberal show here and it had trouble getting callers. When one did the radio host would milk it for all it's worth. Lib talking shows fail because libs are either interested in insulting conservatives so call into their shows or they know all they need to from the headlines, accusations and comedy shows. Details don't matter.

Attack dog radio, copied verbatim from the Limblob playbook (which I don't think is a wise approach, but that's me).

By the same logic would you say Limblob "fails" as well, for the same reason? I would.

Depending of course on what we mean by "fail"...
You used the words logic and reason, two terms apparently out of your grasp. Limbaugh is quite successful and in his 25th or so year. Success does not mean agreeing with you. Learn English.

look at liberal cities and states; violent and on the verge of bankruptcy

why shouldnt liberal radio be a failure too?

There's certainly enough Libs in America to support liberal talk radio but it never seems to succeed. I'm not extolling the virtues of Con radio because it nuts but at least it's entertaining.
I'm guessing it is because once Libs hear themselves and each other speak they are embarrassed by their silliness.
Any other logical reasons?

NPR is probably the most listened to radio programing in the US. And it is liberal. It just doesn't create shock waves. It is calm, intelligent, and covers a very wide variety of topics. Something wham, bang, rude and abrasive conservative radio doesn't do. Those who make the most noise get the most attention--that is people are more aware of conservative radio because it makes so much noise, all of it loud and stupid.
You contradicted yourself. On one hand the loud and abrasive get the most attention and on the other the calm, intelligent (which means agreeing with you, of course) is the most listened to. Which is it?

I'm all for pulling public money from NPR since you admit it has a politically liberal bias.

And were it not for taxpayer dollars it would have folded up shop years ago.

It doesn't have any advertising. Were it not for public funds, it wouldn't exit. Being publicly funded means it doesn't need to cater to any corporations in putting out its material.

Yes, so much like Radio Havana and Radio Moscow in being free from the corrupting influence of corporate dollars! Neither of those is in any way influenced by any evil corporation.

Now whether the regimes might be considered.......

Bankruptcy is natures way of telling a performer to (find) (keep) a day job.
Air America is gone; may it rest in peace. It's already quiet.

If that's the OP's question, then what he means is 'why is bad business management such a flop'. Obviously the elements AA employed remained on the air under different managements (and did so without interruption).

Of course that's just a guess too, as the OP declines to define his premise...

And were it not for taxpayer dollars it would have folded up shop years ago.

It doesn't have any advertising. Were it not for public funds, it wouldn't exit. Being publicly funded means it doesn't need to cater to any corporations in putting out its material.

Yes, so much like Radio Havana and Radio Moscow in being free from the corrupting influence of corporate dollars! Neither of those is in any way influenced by any evil corporation.

Radio Moscow doesn't exist anymore, o paragon of current events. And when it did it was, like Radio Havana Cuba, a government-programmed mouthpiece. Analagous to VOA, which I might add is very much alive and operating the biggest shortwave antenna farm in the world at the eastern end of this state, part of which is used to jam the signal of the aforementioned Havana.

Of course Voice of America (and its propaganda satellites Radio Martí, TV Martí, RFE (Radio Free Europe), Radio Liberty (including Radio Farda, Radio Azadi and Radio Mashaal), MBN (Middle East Broadcasting Networks, including Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa) and Radio Free Asia, don't compare with public broadcasting, as they're neither supported nor programmed by their listeners ---- that's entirely our tax dollars at work, to the tune of over $700 million, considerably more than what the Corporation for Public Broadcasting grants to over 365 broadcast stations combined.

Nice try but again, low hanging fruit.

I listened to a liberal show here and it had trouble getting callers. When one did the radio host would milk it for all it's worth. Lib talking shows fail because libs are either interested in insulting conservatives so call into their shows or they know all they need to from the headlines, accusations and comedy shows. Details don't matter.

Attack dog radio, copied verbatim from the Limblob playbook (which I don't think is a wise approach, but that's me).

By the same logic would you say Limblob "fails" as well, for the same reason? I would.

Depending of course on what we mean by "fail"...
You used the words logic and reason, two terms apparently out of your grasp. Limbaugh is quite successful and in his 25th or so year. Success does not mean agreeing with you. Learn English.

Oddly enough I've been asking the OP of this thread, in English, for a definition of what he means by "flop", for days. Obviously the aesthetic definition is a non-starter, as you yourself pointed out in the first post above. That is, attack-dog radio either "works" or "doesn't work". You can't have it both ways depending on which dog house the attack dog sits in. Because taking the position of "only my dog is right" would be partisan hackery.

But of course you knew that when you went down this path... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Radio Moscow doesn't exist anymore, o paragon of current events. And when it did it was, like Radio Havana Cuba, a government-programmed mouthpiece. Analagous to VOA, which I might add is very much alive and operating the biggest shortwave antenna farm in the world at the eastern end of this state, part of which is used to jam the signal of the aforementioned Havana.

Of course Voice of America (and its propaganda satellites Radio Martí, TV Martí, RFE (Radio Free Europe), Radio Liberty (including Radio Farda, Radio Azadi and Radio Mashaal), MBN (Middle East Broadcasting Networks, including Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa) and Radio Free Asia, don't compare with public broadcasting, as they're neither supported nor programmed by their listeners ---- that's entirely our tax dollars at work, to the tune of over $700 million, considerably more than what the Corporation for Public Broadcasting grants to over 365 broadcast stations combined.

Your tax dollars at work...

>> The Juba FM joins the network of VOA transmitters operated by the U.S. Broadcasting Board of Governors in Nairobi, Kenya; Accra, Ghana; Abidjan, Côte d&#8217;Iviore; Bangui, Central African Republic; and the newly launched FM in Bamako, Mali. <<

And of course, that's just Africa and even within that continent, just the local facilities...

Last edited:
1. Stephanie Miller
2. Randi Rhodes
3. Norman Goldmann

All three do way better than the MAJORITY of RW talkers on the radio...who are still on the radio.

I guess you're saying they lost their shows because they are black?
That seems to be the Lib answer for everything....
WoW! You don't even have SENSE enough to Google them first.

They're all white.

*SMH*

Not sure about Rhodes but Miller and Goldman are still on the air here. Perhaps the poster meant 'pulled' from certain stations?

Radio Moscow doesn't exist anymore, o paragon of current events. And when it did it was, like Radio Havana Cuba, a government-programmed mouthpiece.

I feel the pain of your loss! Though talking points memos do continue to reach you unimpeded. Did you have much trouble retuning your regenerative receiver to get Radio Havana?

Name the big liberals that had great ratings and got pulled because of their ratings. Air America got pulled, because of bankruptcy, Thom Hartmann stays on the air because he is an interesting liberal. Ed Schultz is a buffoon and has lost shows because of ratings. Rusty Humphries has lost his show in some markets because of his ratings.

Funny how you attack personally when someone disagrees with you. More of the tolerant left, I take it.
1. Stephanie Miller
2. Randi Rhodes
3. Norman Goldmann

Stephanie Miller is still on the air in many areas. Sirius/XM has her show.
Randi Rhodes creates problems for those that carry her broadcasts, she creates many problems for herself, she seems bitter and she takes things to far.
Never heard do Norman Goldman.

Who were they replaced by and what stations?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Stephie successful on satellite radio?

Good God, where are liberals finding the money to pay for subscriptions - has Obama created some new subsidy only the "inside" has been told of????

I feel the pain of your loss! Though talking points memos do continue to reach you unimpeded. Did you have much trouble retuning your regenerative receiver to get Radio Havana?

The GR-81 hasn't seen the light of day since the '60s, thanks, one has moved on to PLL and such niceties. But Havana is pretty much inescapable at least in the East (even with our govern-mental Greenville tax dollars jamming it), and since most of the old broadcasting stalwarts have abandoned the HF bands in a nod to changing times, there's little else extant in the way of readily-audible material on those airwaves, save Havana and the ubiquitous bible thumpers, the only real difference between them being that the USG doesn't jam the bible thumpers. Even though they're in direct violation of their own licenses by targeting domestic audiences.

Moscow was never difficult to hear in its day. Indeed it was noted at the time that the USSR transmitters did a better job reaching across the pond than VOA did with two and three times the power, simply for more efficient radiation -- again, the good old Murkin stick-a-V8-on-a-motorcycle mentality.

And of course I logged it, along with its East European satellites that were just as easily monitored. That's the whole point of DXing -- to see what's out there. You may have preferred in your usual style to stick your head in the sand :lalala: but I've been known to endure a broadcast that's not even in a language I have any clue of understanding for hours, just to log that obscure elusive signal. And hearing the USSR propaganda machine gave me a good ear for how propaganda works, which is actually the same reason I read your posts. Fringe listening, you might call it in both cases.

No Virginia, the fact that I'll listen to a time signal station from South Africa doesn't in any way mean I'm doing it because I want to know what time it is. But your predilection for dictating to other people what they "should" or "shouldn't" be listening to is -- shall we say confirming, if not revealing, since we already knew you're a loyal minion of the authoritarian jackboot mindset.

Last edited:
No Virginia, the fact that I'll listen to a time signal station from South Africa doesn't in any way mean I'm doing it because I want to know what time it is. But your predilection for dictating to other people what they "should" or "shouldn't" be listening to is -- shall we say confirming, if not revealing, since we already knew you're a loyal minion of the authoritarian jackboot mindset.

I will grant that time signals from South Africa may entertain a small mind better than almost anything else.

But what anyone listens to is their own business and I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, that your reading comprehension issues prevented your discerning that.

It is comforting to know, though, that Radio Havana still has at least one dedicated listener. Good, too, that their signal is strong enough that you don't have to exclusively rely on Communism Second Hand from your New York Hate Channel.

The GR-81 hasn't seen the light of day since the '60s, thanks, one has moved on to PLL and such niceties. But Havana is pretty much inescapable at least in the East (even with our govern-mental Greenville tax dollars jamming it), and since most of the old broadcasting stalwarts have abandoned the HF bands in a nod to changing times, there's little else extant in the way of readily-audible material on those airwaves, save Havana and the ubiquitous bible thumpers, the only real difference between them being that the USG doesn't jam the bible thumpers. Even though they're in direct violation of their own licenses by targeting domestic audiences.

Moscow was never difficult to hear in its day. Indeed it was noted at the time that the USSR transmitters did a better job reaching across the pond than VOA did with two and three times the power, simply for more efficient radiation -- again, the good old Murkin stick-a-V8-on-a-motorcycle mentality.

And of course I logged it, along with its East European satellites that were just as easily monitored. That's the whole point of DXing -- to see what's out there. You may have preferred in your usual style to stick your head in the sand :lalala: but I've been known to endure a broadcast that's not even in a language I have any clue of understanding for hours, just to log that obscure elusive signal. And hearing the USSR propaganda machine gave me a good ear for how propaganda works, which is actually the same reason I read your posts. Fringe listening, you might call it in both cases.

I will grant that time signals from South Africa may entertain a small mind better than almost anything else.

Yes I understand the technical vagaries of electromagnetic propagation are over your head -- literally.

But what anyone listens to is their own business and I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, that your reading comprehension issues prevented your discerning that.

Not half as shocked as I that you thought you could slip that turd through the sausage grinder....

It is comforting to know, though, that Radio Havana still has at least one dedicated listener. Good, too, that their signal is strong enough that you don't have to exclusively rely on Communism Second Hand from your New York Hate Channel.

Ah, you have somehow conflated me with a Limblob listener. If I were, no I wouldn't even attempt to capture a MW daytime signal seven hundred miles over the horizon. And speaking of reading comprehension, I see the distinction between noting that a signal exists on the air, and on the other hand being a "dedicated listener" to its programming, flies equally over your head like a bird dropping.

Good to know some things in life are a constant. :thup:

Last edited:
.......I see the distinction between noting that a signal exists on the air, and on the other hand being a "dedicated listener" to its programming, flies equally over your head like a bird dropping.

An easy mistake to make. When one observes a basement blogger singing hymns of praise to ultra-left propagandacasts it is difficult not to believe their bragging is empty.

But then we are speaking of a liberal, here, and we all know that liberals lie. I mean, when they can't just cheat or steal.

.......I see the distinction between noting that a signal exists on the air, and on the other hand being a "dedicated listener" to its programming, flies equally over your head like a bird dropping.

An easy mistake to make. When one observes a basement blogger singing hymns of praise to ultra-left propagandacasts it is difficult not to believe their bragging is empty.

But then we are speaking of a liberal, here, and we all know that liberals lie. I mean, when they can't just cheat or steal.

Interesting. I must have missed these "hymns of praise to ultra-left propagandacasts" among the simple clinical observance of what signals exist in the ether.

Oh wait, I just said that in the last post.

I guess for some these simple concepts take time to sink in.

YaeXR.gif

Congratulations. You're immortalized in a graph.

YAWN

i see lots of the usual lib crybaby whining; and attempts to deflect with petty insults on Rush limbaugh

but no explanation why lib radio is a failure

YAWN

i see lots of the usual lib crybaby whining; and attempts to deflect with petty insults on Rush limbaugh

but no explanation why lib radio is a failure

The OP never did explain what he meant by "flop", so that's not really possible. He didn't even specify whether he meant 'leftist' radio. Couldn't get an answer.

I think he abandoned thread. Oh well. We'll meet up in the next iteration of "Limblob is dead" or "Leftist radio is dead". They'll probably pop back up at the same time.
snore.gif

Forum List

Back