Why is it the left thinks the gop promised jobs? Further more

The philosophy is simple; lower taxes and that extra money will be spent developing new business in the private sector, thereby creating millions of new jobs. We currently have the lowest federal tax rates in generations, and yet the unemployment rate is at its highest for such an extended period of time with no end in sight. But don't worry, the tax rates are working and millions of new jobs are being created. It just so happens all those new jobs are in India and China.

Trickle down economics doesn't work, does it?

It's kinda like this:

Lets say one side of the Podunk County government collects all the food in the county, seals it in a warehouse, and says "We'll give you all the food you need". They promised food.

Then lets say the other side of the Podunk County government just doesn't collect all the food, and instead tells everyone where they can find more seeds. They promised food.

The Dem's wanna collect it all and give it out. The GOP wants people to find seeds.

Only in the world of you propagandized mind

So let's say it is. I assume by propagandized you mean the left isn't promising to just give out jobs. So if that's the case, why do they do everything they can seem to think of to make it harder for the private sector to create jobs?

Last edited:
They promised jobs. Now they aren't delivering. It's the same old story...same old song and daaaaaance.

Another partisan board idiot.

1: They did not "promise jobs"

2: The house can't override the Senate and the President even if they wanted to

3: They are "delivering" by offering the Obamacare repeal as a way to create a business friendly environment to "create jobs."

4: You're an idiot for outright misrepresenting every single point you made.

5: It won’t matter if there were 7 libraries and 2 million gigs of easily searchable information set up on a hard drive for you… Your near religious belief/faith/feeling in liberalism, I mean in hating Conservatives because they are white… I mean old… I mean men… I mean women, I mean blacks, I mean Hispanics, I mean Asians, I mean younger people… is simply because we/they are not regurgitating your talking points.

Apparently you can't read yourself, fucktard. I'm a CENTRIST. I dont care which SIDE wins...I just want the good ideas.

Your partisan hackery is evident by trying to make me out into something I'm not.

I dont go to any particular page and regurgitate talking points. That's what people who DONT THINK do.

I don't hate conservatives, dickweed. I AM ONE on some issues.

1. Pro-Life
2. Pro-Gun
3. Anti-Tax (in most cases)
4. Hardliner on illegal aliens

So step the fuck off an re-read what I said. They DID promise jobs...and now some people want to cover the asses of the dumbshits that did it. Fuck anyone who keeps playing that game.

How about some REAL accountability???

I stand corrected then, I also agree with you as a Conservative on all the bolded issues.

However, until you can show anyone where the GOP, as a a whole claimed to "create jobs" I don't buy it...

And like I said, even if "creating jobs" could be done with a Bill, it still has to get past the President and the Senate, both Democrat. So to claim the GOP was all talk kind of sounds like trash talking points being they have only been in office a short while and on top of that the bills to repeal passed the house, where they hold a majority.

TM, he is saying that a gov't job, such as an $80,000 a year "analyst" who does little more than sit in a room and sip coffee, is taking money from the private sector.

Aside from military, police, fire, there is little more the gov't absolutely MUST do.

Whether we think that job is necessary or not, it still produces a demand for goods and services that the private sector will provide

As a true conservative we believe that the creation of jobs comes from lower taxes as well as less regulation in areas we can without turning the wolves of greed loose (see glass/steagall

As I recall the promise of 2010 mid terms was simple
stop the bleeding in the form of printed money as well as de funding/re-calling Obama care. I see there has been some other areas they have went after that were not promised

Jobs are not created by the Govt doing anything, the less they do to the the private sector the more jobs the private sector will create. Every job the Govt creates takes more wealth from the private sector
Legacy cost of federal employees are an item that has seen its day, this is used just for an example

Of couirse govt spending causes no jobs. The govt does not buy planes, ships, fuel, electronics, services, etc do they.

TM, he is saying that a gov't job, such as an $80,000 a year "analyst" who does little more than sit in a room and sip coffee, is taking money from the private sector.

Aside from military, police, fire, there is little more the gov't absolutely MUST do.

That debate goes back about 1000 years doesn't it? Government doesn't need to acknowledge your rights either. Just ask King George of England. On the other hand, maybe he'll point out the error in that line of thinking. When Government fails to provide what it's citizens require, that government ceases to exist. Whether by force or by Process.

The philosophy is simple; lower taxes and that extra money will be spent developing new business in the private sector, thereby creating millions of new jobs. We currently have the lowest federal tax rates in generations, and yet the unemployment rate is at its highest for such an extended period of time with no end in sight. But don't worry, the tax rates are working and millions of new jobs are being created. It just so happens all those new jobs are in India and China.

The reason many of those jobs go over seas is simple, we buy those items form over seas

The reason the UE rate is so hi has everything to do with the housing bubble bursting and very little with the number of jobs going overseas

If this is so why are you not SCREAMING at the top of your lungs drill baby drill,
drilling oil
to extract
to transport
to refine
to transport
to sell
to consume

Nuclear energy
build, etc....

is cosing us millions of jobs

This includes the oil there extracting from "shale" in Canada
trickle down works fine if you could remove greed and thieves. there the reason the UE rate is hi.
if not then shouldn't the 1.4 trillion the govt dumped in fixed it (tarp/stimulus)

There'd be jobs out the ying-yang if only American workers would learn to shut the fuck up and accept the same wages as their Chinese and Indian counterparts.

Yeah!!!! Woo!!!! Republicans!!!! Destroying the American dream one person at a time!!!! Boy I mean how awesome are republicans? Fuckin awesome is the correct answer!

The reason many of those jobs go over seas is simple, we buy those items form over seas

The reason the UE rate is so hi has everything to do with the housing bubble bursting and very little with the number of jobs going overseas

If this is so why are you not SCREAMING at the top of your lungs drill baby drill,
drilling oil
to extract
to transport
to refine
to transport
to sell
to consume

Nuclear energy
build, etc....

trickle down works fine if you could remove greed and thieves. there the reason the UE rate is hi.
if not then shouldn't the 1.4 trillion the govt dumped in fixed it (tarp/stimulus)

This is so far off base and totally unsubstantiated. Wow. The fantasy world you live in must be awesome.:cuckoo:

Whether we think that job is necessary or not, it still produces a demand for goods and services that the private sector will provide

Is this like the illegal immigrants buy things so they pay taxes argument?

drilling oil
to extract
to transport
to refine
to transport
to sell
to consume

Nuclear energy
build, etc....

This is so far off base and totally unsubstantiated. Wow. The fantasy world you live in must be awesome.:cuckoo:

really?
you state it but provide no reason as to this feeling you have
So you have an issue with jobs being sent overseas as long as it has nothing to do with oil?
And that lower taxes do not work, but the govt dumping 1.4 trillion into what ever BHO dumped it in does? (GWB used 250 billion of it in tarp, BHO got the rest)
ok

I wouldn't dispute any of your points. I think the problem in the US today isn't that person A generates wealth that goes to person B. The problem is one you stated a couple of posts back. "You cannot regulate greed". I believe that was what you said. Greed leads to corruption. Corruption leads to very bad business and very bad government.

What is your definition of "greed?"

What the banking industry did to the mortgages with wall street along with the people borrowing money to the amount they could never pay-back
both leveraged them selves beyond belief
the lendee and the lender
we had it perfect, or as close as we could get it and the greedy bastards ruined it

What the banking industry did to the mortgages with wall street along with the people borrowing money to the amount they could never pay-back
both leveraged them selves beyond belief
the lendee and the lender
we had it perfect, or as close as we could get it and the greedy bastards ruined it

Let me see if I can dig through this ramble;

"What the banking industry did to the mortgages "

Okay, what DID the banking industry do to mortgages? Do you know?

What they did was create "bundled securities" from groups of mortgages and sold them. So we have real property which is encumbered by a mortgage leaving no clear title. Both the mortgage holder and the buyer have some equity in the property. So the bank could only sell their interest in the property, not the property itself, which is a vital distinction. Further, the bundled equity packages were first consolidated and divided. If one group had 10,000 mortgages, equitized them and sold shares to 100,000 different party - who holds title on anything?

What we have established here is fraud, but how do you claim it to be "greed?" Perhaps greed drove the banks to commit fraud, but need is as much a motivator as greed in that regard, and we don't condemn others for need.

And those who bought houses, were they "greedy bastards" or just "needy bastards?" Conventional wisdom was to buy more than one could afford since property values ALWAYS increase. Can we really blame them for over-leveraging?

Maybe the only ones who really should be blamed are Bush and Obama, for sticking their filthy hands into it all and shielding the banks from the consequences of their actions, at the expense of the public.

Is this post a joke?

Are you entirely uneducated.

Can you find us one remaining genuine, Laffer-endorsed supply-sider?

You think Arthur Laffer is the force behind supply side economics?

I'll offer you a hint, HuffingPo isn't a viable source for knowledge of economics.

Even the supply-siders now freely admit the supply-siders were wrong.

So you just make shit up?

How Krugmanesq of you.

Are you people stupid or what? The right was all about keeping as much money in the hands of the rich as they could because as they said themselves, that would allow them to create jobs that were needed. But over the last 10 years the tax cuts to the rich have not created any jobs that wouldn't have been created and they can't show you even one.

The truth is the rich are greedy and the conservative middle are stupid, and the conservative right middle class are mostly living in a dream world that they have accepted that allows them push their views on religion and guns and gays.

the truth lies in the real story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tax.com: Really Bad Reporting in Wisconsin: Who 'Contributes' to Public Workers' Pensions?

Forum List

Back