Why is it the left thinks the gop promised jobs? Further more

BHO promised 3 million jobs with 800 billion dollars of tax payers wealth, well really about 500 billion of our wealth
Thats the point of my thread

It is by design separates the con from the lib
It's certainly reasonable to hold Obama to the same standard as Republicans when Obama had the White House, the House and filibuster proof majority in the Senate as the Republicans when they have the House and none of the others, don't you think?

You think Reagan was wrong? Why do you hate undocumented workers?

I love the term "undocumented workers." It makes it sound like when they were running across the desert they thought it would be OK if they had just remembered to file a form. And it doesn't answer the question why they were running across the desert...

I really do not understand why the left thinks we hate any-one
Illegals are breaking the law. It has also caused the number of out of work Americans to rise more than should have

They promised jobs. Now they aren't delivering. It's the same old story...same old song and daaaaaance.

I love the term "undocumented workers." It makes it sound like when they were running across the desert they thought it would be OK if they had just remembered to file a form. And it doesn't answer the question why they were running across the desert...

I really do not understand why the left thinks we hate any-one
Illegals are breaking the law. It has also caused the number of out of work Americans to rise more than should have

Maybe its all the hate speach

There'd be jobs out the ying-yang if only American workers would learn to shut the fuck up and accept the same wages as their Chinese and Indian counterparts.

BHO promised 3 million jobs with 800 billion dollars of tax payers wealth, well really about 500 billion of our wealth
Thats the point of my thread

It is by design separates the con from the lib
It's certainly reasonable to hold Obama to the same standard as Republicans when Obama had the White House, the House and filibuster proof majority in the Senate as the Republicans when they have the House and none of the others, don't you think?

The con will use the phrase create jobs only when big govt gets out of the way. BHO claimed he could save and create jobs with big govt getting in the way. over 1/2 of his job stimulus was govt spending. now lets add the no drill policy (N Dakota just found the mega find as well as no shale oil collection/transportation/refining)
and do not forget 1/2 of tarp BHO used, This is where he got the money to GIVE to the UAW

Why did you say the gov cant create jobs and then in the very next sentance say they did?

It is hilarious that the post even has the title it has.

Posts that try to show one party as being better than another are the weakest drivel on these boards.

The post does not do that
It asks a legitimate question. Political debate has been lost. I cannot use a better example

This is a simple question, it does not state one is better than the other. I have been reading these post on many message boards stating "where are the jobs GOP promised"
I never recalled that being an item

It is my opinion SPAM more than anything won BHO the white house
we where told that 5% UE was bad and 2% deficit spending per GDP was so bad that we elected someone whose legacy is going to be 10% UE and 10% per capita GDP deficit spending and no-one says a word

The people eclected Obama.

The lies on the right were deep to wade the entire election

As a true conservative we believe that the creation of jobs comes from lower taxes as well as less regulation in areas we can without turning the wolves of greed loose (see glass/steagall

As I recall the promise of 2010 mid terms was simple
stop the bleeding in the form of printed money as well as de funding/re-calling Obama care. I see there has been some other areas they have went after that were not promised

Jobs are not created by the Govt doing anything, the less they do to the the private sector the more jobs the private sector will create. Every job the Govt creates takes more wealth from the private sector
Legacy cost of federal employees are an item that has seen its day, this is used just for an example

Lies just lilke this one

As a true conservative we believe that the creation of jobs comes from lower taxes as well as less regulation in areas we can without turning the wolves of greed loose (see glass/steagall

stop the bleeding in the form of printed money as well as de funding/re-calling Obama care. I see there has been some other areas they have went after that were not promised

Jobs are not created by the Govt doing anything, the less they do to the the private sector the more jobs the private sector will create. Every job the Govt creates takes more wealth from the private sector
Legacy cost of federal employees are an item that has seen its day, this is used just for an example

Lies just lilke this one

what lie is there here?
If you create a govt job, who pays for it?
its easy to mandate something is a lie, but explaining it is much harder you will find

There's only one hole in your lower taxes and less regulation = jobs. It has nothing to do with market driven capitalism. But then, getting past the rhetoric, the Republican party has never supported free markets, including labor markets.

Jobs occur as a response to market conditions. Taxes are a very small factor on jobs. In fact the greatest period of job creation in US history occurred in the post WW2 era when taxes and regulations were at their highest in history. How do you explain that?

There's only one hole in your lower taxes and less regulation = jobs. It has nothing to do with market driven capitalism. But then, getting past the rhetoric, the Republican party has never supported free markets, including labor markets.

Jobs occur as a response to market conditions. Taxes are a very small factor on jobs. In fact the greatest period of job creation in US history occurred in the post WW2 era when taxes and regulations were at their highest in history. How do you explain that?

All of the troops returning home got low interest home loans, GI bill
we have had 20 million illegals added

We are in a much different economy also. Now I want to ask you a simple question and I am going to us myself as an example

Clinton's de regulation with a GOP congress created a wealth of work, especially when it came to energy (for me)
When GWB tax rates came into effect it allowed me to bring home about 4,000 a year more, some 3,000 (saved from my taxable income)

now I would offer that you multiply that by millions of people that are in the same boat, what did we do with that extra wealth?
we spent it

You take that wealth away from us, what does the Govt do with it?
I will let you answer that, but think about legacy cost as well as how much value that dollar loses as it changes hands

So then how do you explain how the Right constantly brayed and bansheed "Where are the jobs Obama!?!?"

Nonsense!!

lol!

We are in a much different economy also. Now I want to ask you a simple question and I am going to us myself as an example

Clinton's de regulation with a GOP congress created a wealth of work, especially when it came to energy (for me)
When GWB tax rates came into effect it allowed me to bring home about 4,000 a year more, some 3,000 (saved from my taxable income)

now I would offer that you multiply that by millions of people that are in the same boat, what did we do with that extra wealth?
we spent it

I will let you answer that, but think about legacy cost as well as how much value that dollar loses as it changes hands

I would say that the deregulation of the nineties did create some jobs. In retrospect what was actually created was a bubble. The jobs created were mostly in service industries. Specifically financial services. In fact jobs of wealth generation, i.e. factories continued to decline during the Clinton years right up to the present day.
The Bush Tax cuts are now over 10 years old. And the job creation during that period is the most anemic in history. Taxes were raised by Clinton, job growth occurred. Taxes were lowered by Bush and job growth tanked. Taxes were first lowered then raised by Reagan and job growth occurred.
As far as regulation, I've worked in high tech my entire career. When I started we were polluting water supplies, dumping toxic waste fumes into the atmosphere and who knows what other unhealthy activities. I still work in High Tech in America and we don't do any of those things. Regulation drove industry to solve problems. We were up to it.

Here's another example on a small scale. My wife owns a Dry Cleaning Plant. Years ago the chemicals and waste from plants spoiled water supplies. Today it is a highly regulated industry that is among one of the cleanest. Waste is collected and properly disposed of. DEQ regulates and at least in my area works with the industry to come up with solutions to the problems that needed to be overcome. We are closing this business this year. Several people will lose their jobs. The reason has nothing to do with regulation of taxes. In fact, we will make a good return by closing the plant with all the write offs of taxes. The reason we are closing is simple. There aren't enough customers to support the business anymore.

The simple rule of capitalism is DEMAND creates markets and drives investment. For 30 years American government policy has shifted its support from the worker to the investor. The results speak for themselves. Investors are taking their production off shore for cheap labor. They are allowed to then bring their wares back to America sell at no penalty. It works great for the investors they get a good ROI on their investment. So whats the problem? In the long run, which we are now experiencing, the continued steady loss of American jobs is killing demand in America.
I'm all in favor of helping corporations IF THEY CREATE US JOBS. To simply pass out breaks to corporations because they are corporations does not help the US economy.
A federal tax break for a corporation to open a factory in the US makes sense. If that company takes the tax break and opens another factory in China, or Mexico, then the Tax Break has not only not helped America, it has driven another dagger into our own economy.

It probably would've helped if we hadn't imported 20,000,000 unskilled, low wage, desperate workers over the last 15 years.

Yeah. If only Reagan hadn't granted immunity to all of those illegals back in the day, the new crop wouldn't have thought it was so easy to come here illegally only to be legalized by the POTUS.

So you disagree with it? Obama has been slobbering at the chance to find a way to get amnesty for the rest of them?

Yes, Reagan was wrong. And Obama will be wrong if he does it again. If nothing else, we should be a country of laws.

we spent it

I would say that the deregulation of the nineties did create some jobs. In retrospect what was actually created was a bubble. The jobs created were mostly in service industries. Specifically financial services. In fact jobs of wealth generation, i.e. factories continued to decline during the Clinton years right up to the present day.
The Bush Tax cuts are now over 10 years old. And the job creation during that period is the most anemic in history. Taxes were raised by Clinton, job growth occurred. Taxes were lowered by Bush and job growth tanked. Taxes were first lowered then raised by Reagan and job growth occurred.
As far as regulation, I've worked in high tech my entire career. When I started we were polluting water supplies, dumping toxic waste fumes into the atmosphere and who knows what other unhealthy activities. I still work in High Tech in America and we don't do any of those things. Regulation drove industry to solve problems. We were up to it.

Here's another example on a small scale. My wife owns a Dry Cleaning Plant. Years ago the chemicals and waste from plants spoiled water supplies. Today it is a highly regulated industry that is among one of the cleanest. Waste is collected and properly disposed of. DEQ regulates and at least in my area works with the industry to come up with solutions to the problems that needed to be overcome. We are closing this business this year. Several people will lose their jobs. The reason has nothing to do with regulation of taxes. In fact, we will make a good return by closing the plant with all the write offs of taxes. The reason we are closing is simple. There aren't enough customers to support the business anymore.

The simple rule of capitalism is DEMAND creates markets and drives investment. For 30 years American government policy has shifted its support from the worker to the investor. The results speak for themselves. Investors are taking their production off shore for cheap labor. They are allowed to then bring their wares back to America sell at no penalty. It works great for the investors they get a good ROI on their investment. So whats the problem? In the long run, which we are now experiencing, the continued steady loss of American jobs is killing demand in America.
I'm all in favor of helping corporations IF THEY CREATE US JOBS. To simply pass out breaks to corporations because they are corporations does not help the US economy.
A federal tax break for a corporation to open a factory in the US makes sense. If that company takes the tax break and opens another factory in China, or Mexico, then the Tax Break has not only not helped America, it has driven another dagger into our own economy.

I respect your thread, well thought out
here are some of my opinions

1) Greed cannot be regulated, greed created the bubbles
2) we added 10 million people to the work force under GWB. he added the same in jobs. thats why the left wing media never uses that information that should be found under Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
3) Did your cost go up to pay for the new regulations? as I stated this economy is changing.
4) This why I support a tax system like Texas and Florida has. This would do away with a tax system that I feel is broke

Forum List

Back