Why is it the left thinks the gop promised jobs? Further more

As a true conservative we believe that the creation of jobs comes from lower taxes as well as less regulation in areas we can without turning the wolves of greed loose (see glass/steagall

As I recall the promise of 2010 mid terms was simple
stop the bleeding in the form of printed money as well as de funding/re-calling Obama care. I see there has been some other areas they have went after that were not promised

Jobs are not created by the Govt doing anything, the less they do to the the private sector the more jobs the private sector will create. Every job the Govt creates takes more wealth from the private sector
Legacy cost of federal employees are an item that has seen its day, this is used just for an example

Lies just lilke this one

what lie is there here?
If you create a govt job, who pays for it?
its easy to mandate something is a lie, but explaining it is much harder you will find

Of course the govenrment can create jobs. Probably the best example in my lifetime was the Apollo projects of the 60's. Not only did they create thousands of jobs and careers in within the program, they created new industries, new technologies and an explosion of opportunities for millions that continues to this day.

Other good examples include the highways and transportation systems financed by the government since the Eisenhower administration. Again not only were jobs and careers created for millions to build the infrastructure, the result in increased transportation capability has allowed for the flow of labor, products and materials and is a major contributor to all the economic growth that has occurred since.

As with most of the mantra being fed from the Republican leadership if you examine the foundation of the economic beliefs their arguments do not pass the test. The Republican's are dead wrong on what is happening to America. It is becoming obvious that the ultimate vision of a Utopian American by the Right Wing more closely resembles Mexico than 20th century America.

Lies just lilke this one

what lie is there here?
its easy to mandate something is a lie, but explaining it is much harder you will find

Of course the govenrment can create jobs. Probably the best example in my lifetime was the Apollo projects of the 60's. Not only did they create thousands of jobs and careers in within the program, they created new industries, new technologies and an explosion of opportunities for millions that continues to this day.

Other good examples include the highways and transportation systems financed by the government since the Eisenhower administration. Again not only were jobs and careers created for millions to build the infrastructure, the result in increased transportation capability has allowed for the flow of labor, products and materials and is a major contributor to all the economic growth that has occurred since.

As with most of the mantra being fed from the Republican leadership if you examine the foundation of the economic beliefs their arguments do not pass the test. The Republican's are dead wrong on what is happening to America. It is becoming obvious that the ultimate vision of a Utopian American by the Right Wing more closely resembles Mexico than 20th century America.

1)Those jobs where/are created with tax payers wealth. The govt did nothing to create that wealth
2) the Govt finances nothing. They take tax payers wealth and Finance it

In summary a road being built to transport anything from point A to B is financed/built and used by the tax payer.
Same with NASA to a point
Thats not even a test, thats a fact
Our point is Govt is not a bad thing, Govt needs to be a small thing
Wealth is created then taxed, its not the other way around. What and how that wealth is used is at issue
To take wealth from persona A who makes 75K a year, has his/her own 401K, helps with his/her ins and gives that wealth to a person who makes 40K a year with 60 a year in 4-ever legacy after there done contributing does not work
here we are

As a true conservative we believe that the creation of jobs comes from lower taxes as well as less regulation in areas we can without turning the wolves of greed loose (see glass/steagall

As I recall the promise of 2010 mid terms was simple
stop the bleeding in the form of printed money as well as de funding/re-calling Obama care. I see there has been some other areas they have went after that were not promised

Jobs are not created by the Govt doing anything, the less they do to the the private sector the more jobs the private sector will create. Every job the Govt creates takes more wealth from the private sector
Legacy cost of federal employees are an item that has seen its day, this is used just for an example

The problem is the left thinks of everything in Terms of what the Government can do through Direct Action.

They think the Government must spend money to create Jobs.

They do not understand that often the best thing for Government to do, is Nothing at all.

Lies just lilke this one

what lie is there here?

Great example! But new space technology doesn't come a long very often.

Your example DOES make me think of Green Tech. And I'm surprised that the Republicans...with all their talk of "American Exceptionalism" and being "Numbah Won!!!One" have decided to shoot our country in the foot and kill our superiority in that new industry. Here's a place where we could lead...make new jobs...and

All while helping the environment.

Forget whether you believe in global warming...do you really want to trash the planet? It can't absorb an indefinite amount of abuse. So why not lead the world in making the world better. It seems like a no brainer!

But of course some conservatives think it's all part of some conspiracy. Let's make some new jobs and lead the world in something (again).

They promised jobs. Now they aren't delivering. It's the same old story...same old song and daaaaaance.

Another partisan board idiot.

1: They did not "promise jobs"

2: The house can't override the Senate and the President even if they wanted to

3: They are "delivering" by offering the Obamacare repeal as a way to create a business friendly environment to "create jobs."

4: You're an idiot for outright misrepresenting every single point you made.

5: It won’t matter if there were 7 libraries and 2 million gigs of easily searchable information set up on a hard drive for you… Your near religious belief/faith/feeling in liberalism, I mean in hating Conservatives because they are white… I mean old… I mean men… I mean women, I mean blacks, I mean Hispanics, I mean Asians, I mean younger people… is simply because we/they are not regurgitating your talking points.

They promised jobs. Now they aren't delivering. It's the same old story...same old song and daaaaaance.

3: They are "delivering" by offering the Obamacare repeal as a way to create a business friendly environment to "create jobs."

5: It won’t matter if there were 7 libraries and 2 million gigs of easily searchable information set up on a hard drive for you… Your near religious belief/faith/feeling in liberalism, I mean in hating Conservatives because they are white… I mean old… I mean men… I mean women, I mean blacks, I mean Hispanics, I mean Asians, I mean younger people… is simply because we/they are not regurgitating your talking points.

Yowsa!

It's kinda like this:

Lets say one side of the Podunk County government collects all the food in the county, seals it in a warehouse, and says "We'll give you all the food you need". They promised food.

Then lets say the other side of the Podunk County government just doesn't collect all the food, and instead tells everyone where they can find more seeds. They promised food.

The Dem's wanna collect it all and give it out. The GOP wants people to find seeds.

Only in the world of you propagandized mind

Showing where I'm wrong, rather than a blanket dismissal, would've been better.

It applies to the old sayings.

Dems wanna give you a fish.
GOP wants you to get a fishing pole.

And while I use my one fishing pole a mega corporation will use a thousand fishing poles causing the lake to be overfished. Then they will blame me for it.

what lie is there here?

Great example! But new space technology doesn't come a long very often.

Your example DOES make me think of Green Tech. And I'm surprised that the Republicans...with all their talk of "American Exceptionalism" and being "Numbah Won!!!One" have decided to shoot our country in the foot and kill our superiority in that new industry. Here's a place where we could lead...make new jobs...and

All while helping the environment.

Forget whether you believe in global warming...do you really want to trash the planet? It can't absorb an indefinite amount of abuse. So why not lead the world in making the world better. It seems like a no brainer!

But of course some conservatives think it's all part of some conspiracy. Let's make some new jobs and lead the world in something (again).

1) Nothing happens in the federal Govt without the tax payer, there is no wealth created by the govt nor jobs without the tax payers welath

Apparently you can't read yourself, fucktard. I'm a CENTRIST. I dont care which SIDE wins...I just want the good ideas.

Your partisan hackery is evident by trying to make me out into something I'm not.

I dont go to any particular page and regurgitate talking points. That's what people who DONT THINK do.

I don't hate conservatives, dickweed. I AM ONE on some issues.

1. Pro-Life
2. Pro-Gun
3. Anti-Tax (in most cases)
4. Hardliner on illegal aliens

So step the fuck off an re-read what I said. They DID promise jobs...and now some people want to cover the asses of the dumbshits that did it. Fuck anyone who keeps playing that game.

How about some REAL accountability???

People People People

1) the govt cannot create anything without wealth
2) either the govt takes your and my wealth and they spend it on what they want to and perhaps create a few jobs in the process, or we keep more of our wealth and create a few more jobs when we spend it?

Ask yourself
does N Pelosi create more Jobs then you and I would with our wealth?
its that simple and i do not care if its NASA or Joes Plumbing

Well since it is obvious that the Republicans will not do anything to create jobs, I guess we have to credit President Obama for any jobs created over the next two years

what lie is there here?

1)Those jobs where/are created with tax payers wealth. The govt did nothing to create that wealth

In summary a road being built to transport anything from point A to B is financed/built and used by the tax payer.
Wealth is created then taxed, its not the other way around. What and how that wealth is used is at issue
To take wealth from persona A who makes 75K a year, has his/her own 401K, helps with his/her ins and gives that wealth to a person who makes 40K a year with 60 a year in 4-ever legacy after there done contributing does not work
here we are

I wouldn't dispute any of your points. I think the problem in the US today isn't that person A generates wealth that goes to person B. The problem is one you stated a couple of posts back. "You cannot regulate greed". I believe that was what you said. Greed leads to corruption. Corruption leads to very bad business and very bad government.
While I would agree that greed is a human flaw that probably cannot be overcome. It does need to be addressed and controlled. Would you agree that a absolute Free Market applies little to no restraint on Greed? I would.
So if the market cannot control the unhealthy greed of its winners, what can? I would say that is one of the primary roles of government. Remember there is in reality no such thing as a "free market". All economic systems are developed within a framework of rules, accepted practices some sort of moral code of behavior. In our world Governments by and large create those rules.
Our government has one Resounding Premise. All people should be free to make their own choices to the largest degree possible. Of course there are still rules that apply to personal freedom. When your choices infringe upon my freedom to act we have a problem. The same is true with players in the economic system. Until someone comes up with something better, it is the Government that must step in to regulate and or restrain the human greed that threatens to ruin the show for the rest of us.
We, the taxpayers don't have a problem paying taxes so long as we see a return on that investment. The problem to many of us, we no longer see government as reliable overseer's of the investment (taxes) we place within Governments control. And while I can't speak for everyone, I do think most of us would site corruption within our government and our largest corporations as the most significant obsitcle to overcome to right this ship.

A good current example is what is occurring in Wisconsin right now. A greedy billionaire finances a puppet into the position of Governor. The billionaire has his sites on the Public Utilities as a potential cash cow with an enormous ROI if he can finagle his way into a controlling ownership position. A crisis is created with funding from the billionaire and manipulation by the Governor which completely masks the true goal of attaining ownership of the utilities. That distraction is rooted in the wedge issue of Public Employee Unions. While the sideshow takes all the headlines the back door is open. Within the bill to kill public unions for the sake of saving taxpayers is a small clause that sets the framework for the Billionaire to seize the utilities he covets. Is this free market capitalism or is it Corruption in its highest form?

Deflection. They know their Hopey Changey One has not delivered on anything he promised. Now they have to try and distract the People. They had all the power and simply blew it. They had a Democrat in the White House along with a Super Majority in Congress and actually managed to make things much worse. They know that more than anyone does. Now it's all about the Deflection-Game for them. I guess we'll see if that works for them in 2012. I don't think it will.

I wouldn't dispute any of your points. I think the problem in the US today isn't that person A generates wealth that goes to person B. The problem is one you stated a couple of posts back. "You cannot regulate greed". I believe that was what you said. Greed leads to corruption. Corruption leads to very bad business and very bad government.

What is your definition of "greed?"

here we are

While I would agree that greed is a human flaw that probably cannot be overcome. It does need to be addressed and controlled. Would you agree that a absolute Free Market applies little to no restraint on Greed? I would.
So if the market cannot control the unhealthy greed of its winners, what can? I would say that is one of the primary roles of government. Remember there is in reality no such thing as a "free market". All economic systems are developed within a framework of rules, accepted practices some sort of moral code of behavior. In our world Governments by and large create those rules.
Our government has one Resounding Premise. All people should be free to make their own choices to the largest degree possible. Of course there are still rules that apply to personal freedom. When your choices infringe upon my freedom to act we have a problem. The same is true with players in the economic system. Until someone comes up with something better, it is the Government that must step in to regulate and or restrain the human greed that threatens to ruin the show for the rest of us.
We, the taxpayers don't have a problem paying taxes so long as we see a return on that investment. The problem to many of us, we no longer see government as reliable overseer's of the investment (taxes) we place within Governments control. And while I can't speak for everyone, I do think most of us would site corruption within our government and our largest corporations as the most significant obsitcle to overcome to right this ship.

A good current example is what is occurring in Wisconsin right now. A greedy billionaire finances a puppet into the position of Governor. The billionaire has his sites on the Public Utilities as a potential cash cow with an enormous ROI if he can finagle his way into a controlling ownership position. A crisis is created with funding from the billionaire and manipulation by the Governor which completely masks the true goal of attaining ownership of the utilities. That distraction is rooted in the wedge issue of Public Employee Unions. While the sideshow takes all the headlines the back door is open. Within the bill to kill public unions for the sake of saving taxpayers is a small clause that sets the framework for the Billionaire to seize the utilities he covets. Is this free market capitalism or is it Corruption in its highest form?

1) I thought glass steagall was a bad idea out the gate. we should have never allowed mortgages to became an item that was traded on the stock market. As I said also, some govt is a good thing
2) The situation in Wisconsin in my opinion is 2 fold.
A) Teachers should work for the tax payer, not the NEA. There PKG should be no worse than there counterpart in the private sector and no better than the same. Legacy cost that remain on a tax payers back is un acceptable. How we got to a point in where the UAW and the NEA is, is beyond me and both Dems and the GOP should be beat with a rubber mallet (the UAW we should have let go) I could go on with this matter, simply put there in a place where no one else is. we let them get there and we no one but ourselves to blame
B) I am not familiar with what Koch is doing. He is a very rich man and I will do some re search on it

The philosophy is simple; lower taxes and that extra money will be spent developing new business in the private sector, thereby creating millions of new jobs. We currently have the lowest federal tax rates in generations, and yet the unemployment rate is at its highest for such an extended period of time with no end in sight. But don't worry, the tax rates are working and millions of new jobs are being created. It just so happens all those new jobs are in India and China.

It's all about deflection for the Democrats at this point. They had a Democrat in the White House along with a Super Majority in Congress and just made things much much worse. I don't think this deflection and Blame BOOOOOOOOOSH is going to bail them out in 2012 though. The People are smarter than they think.

Forum List

Back