why is it that you hardly hear of a conservative turning liberal ?

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
i'm not saying that it does not happen but it is very rare to hear of someone who was conservative when they were young become a liberal ! but it is common to hear of people who were liberal when they were young turn conservative when they get older !! i would say that after living and and working in the real world these young people change to conservatism because life experience and gained wisdom [common sense] caused them to switch to conservatism !!

Its natural to get wiser as you age...its unnatural for a healthy person to regress in intelligence as you get older.......

My question would be:

Why would any conservative switch to being a liberal?

Especially, when liberals and their ideology are like oranges and apples.

The only way a liberal would switch would because they are sick and tired of being screwed. And they rather see the country move forward in the right direction. Not watching it go to hell.

Just watch the current dem field try and stupid each other....no conservative wants anything to do with the lunacy

i'm not saying that it does not happen but it is very rare to hear of someone who was conservative when they were young become a liberal ! but it is common to hear of people who were liberal when they were young turn conservative when they get older !! i would say that after living and and working in the real world these young people change to conservatism because life experience and gained wisdom [common sense] caused them to switch to conservatism !!

Because when you have a functioning frontal lobe and you use it into adulthood it's difficult to turn it off.

You have to be deliberately ignorant, unable to be ashamed of it, and too stupid to recognize the harm you cause by promoting regressive philosophies.

"Conservatism" or at least opposition to globalist collectivism is a dominant philosophy because you can not be a thinking person and conclude what liberals believe in.

I personally don't adhere to "conservatism", but it's because I don't give a fuck about what other people do. For instance in circumstances such as when leftist skanks and their soy boy bed wetting beta male "partners" fail to contain their genetic garbage and "choose" to have the waste properly disposed of at a planned unparenthood clinic you will not see me protest.

I don't care if oxygen thieves drug themselves into a vegetative state, but they should face the consequences for that behavior.

I was a libtard in my teenage years, but I was forced to think in order to survive. Too many people have escaped and remain fugitives from natural selection thanks to government subsidies and by taking refuge in their parent's basements.

I did

I voted for Reagan and Bush four times. I was a registered republican. Drank the Supply Side Kool Aid

By the 90s, I realized what assholes Conservatives really were

Because when you have a functioning frontal lobe and you use it into adulthood it's difficult to turn it off.

You have to be deliberately ignorant, unable to be ashamed of it, and too stupid to recognize the harm you cause by promoting regressive philosophies.

"Conservatism" or at least opposition to globalist collectivism is a dominant philosophy because you can not be a thinking person and conclude what liberals believe in.

I personally don't adhere to "conservatism", but it's because I don't give a fuck about what other people do. For instance in circumstances such as when leftist skanks and their soy boy bed wetting beta male "partners" fail to contain their genetic garbage and "choose" to have the waste properly disposed of at a planned unparenthood clinic you will not see me protest.

I don't care if oxygen thieves drug themselves into a vegetative state, but they should face the consequences for that behavior.

I was a libtard in my teenage years, but I was forced to think in order to survive. Too many people have escaped and remain fugitives from natural selection thanks to government subsidies and by taking refuge in their parent's basements.

pal that was a brilliant analogy of the difference between the constituents of the left and right !

I did

I voted for Reagan and Bush four times. I was a registered republican. Drank the Supply Side Kool Aid

nahhh you said once that you are a government employee .... you are just looking out for yourself and the shovel leaning position you hold .

I did

nahhh you said once that you are a government employee .... you are just looking out for yourself and the shovel leaning position you hold ....and really i cant hold that against you..... or maybe you suffered a severe blow to the head.

I did

and you are a rarity .

I did

nahhh you said once that you are a government employee .... you are just looking out for yourself and the shovel leaning position you hold .
Many Government Employees are Conservative
Especially in the DoD

I did

and you are a rarity .
Not really, there are quite a few on this board who fled the Dark Side

I did

and you are a rarity .
Not really, there are quite a few on this board who fled the Dark Side
i am not talking about only this board i am talking about young people with very little life experience who are liberals .

Some people just find a balance between the two. They can embrace ideas from both philosophies. They may lean a little more one way or the other, but do not necessarily march in lockstep.

Some people just find a balance between the two. They can embrace ideas from both philosophies. They may lean a little more one way or the other, but do not necessarily march in lockstep.
the vast majority of people who switch parties switch from liberal to conservative .

the vast majority of people who switch parties switch from liberal to conservative .
You got any numbers?

Forum List

Back