Why is it that so many conservatives are no longer interested in conserving natural resources?

If you are making that distinction, then mainstream conservatives love fracking, oil wells, and the oil spills they create. India and China are testament to the 'free market vision', lots of expendable serfs there to exploit, and the rivers? Who cares.

You're proficient at spouting all the usual left-wing straw men and outright lies.
*yawn*

Your proficient at being a partisan ass, and calling me 'left wing' with no evidence of my voting history is just plan stupid.

Everything that comes out of your mouth is usually rage and put downs, or just so silly it could have its own comedy routine.

I call you left-wing because of the left-wing idiocies you are always spewing in this forum.

You claimed free enterprise is communism, but you accuse my posts of being silly?
No. I pointed out calling state-capitalists communists is your daily routine.

Even more funny is your claims we live in a free market, rather than a mixed-economy.

You are clearly not economically literate, if you think that we live in a 'free market',

It is basic Economics 101, that this is a mixed-economy with some lassiez faire policies. Stiglitz, Friedman, Hayek, and the Austrian school, would all tell you that.

I'm not calling this country a free market. You used the term to describe fracking, oil wells and oil spills.
I have no idea what "state capitalists" have to do with this discussion. You keep bringing in new terms and using them incorrectly. Correcting your English is an endless task.

The idea that you aren't a leftist has to be on the top ten list of preposterous statements posted to this forum.

Your a fucking communist. Of that there is no doubt.
Oh cute, enraged already. :laugh:

My parents (who happen to be heterosexual) either fought communism, or contributed to its downfall.

I like owning private property, I contribute to society, and I am not on welfare.

I know this is difficult to comprehend, but:

I pay for private health insurance, rather than ACA coverage.

I have read the collected works of Ayn Rand, and most of her papers.

I have read economics textbooks by Stiglitz, and papers by Mises, Friedman, and Hayek.

I find Mein Kampf illegible, dull, and a tome.

I oppose government surveillance and the Patriot Act.

My favorite color is blue, followed by red, then white.
So by your logic, I am a 'communist'. :popcorn:

You're proficient at spouting all the usual left-wing straw men and outright lies.
*yawn*

Your proficient at being a partisan ass, and calling me 'left wing' with no evidence of my voting history is just plan stupid.

Everything that comes out of your mouth is usually rage and put downs, or just so silly it could have its own comedy routine.

I call you left-wing because of the left-wing idiocies you are always spewing in this forum.

You claimed free enterprise is communism, but you accuse my posts of being silly?

Even more funny is your claims we live in a free market, rather than a mixed-economy.

You are clearly not economically literate, if you think that we live in a 'free market',

It is basic Economics 101, that this is a mixed-economy with some lassiez faire policies. Stiglitz, Friedman, Hayek, and the Austrian school, would all tell you that.

I'm not calling this country a free market. You used the term to describe fracking, oil wells and oil spills.
I have no idea what "state capitalists" have to do with this discussion. You keep bringing in new terms and using them incorrectly. Correcting your English is an endless task.

The idea that you aren't a leftist has to be on the top ten list of preposterous statements posted to this forum.

My parents (who happen to be heterosexual) either fought communism, or contributed to its downfall.

I like owning private property, I contribute to society, and I am not on welfare.

I have read economics textbooks by Stiglitz, and papers by Mises, Friedman, and Hayek.

You make pretty much the same claims every communist makes. One thing is clear, you don't support private ownership of the means of production. You're a communist, in other words.

*yawn*

You make pretty much the same claims every communist makes. One thing is clear, you don't support private ownership of the means of production. You're a communist, in other words.
*yawn*

McCarthy alert! :p

*yawn*

In other words, the truth.

*yawn*

In other words, the truth.
In other words you are still an ass, and still wrong, not that it doesn't amuse me. :p

Conservation.

It is (or at least it used to be) a concept that conservatives embraced. In fact, Teddy Roosevelt was on the vanguard of the conservation movement through the establishment of our national parks. Now, conservatives routinely deride the setting aside of public lands for preservation.

In fact, very often today I hear conservatives mock the concept of conservation. As an example of that, it's not uncommon for some conservatives to come on this board on Earth Day and proudly proclaim that they fully intend on turning on every light in their homes with the intention of leaving them on all night.

What happened to the conservative movement to make them abandon one of their core beliefs and instead embrace waste up to and including the destruction of our natural environment?

Bullshit...Democrats and their environmental goons want to use the government to control business and individual rights through a plethora of unnecessary laws and regulations. That's what all Americans should be knowledgeable enough to understand.

Pay off the Democratic Party political machine and the environment will always take a back seat. That's the reality.

Since when hasn't the gov't been an instrument of societal control? Whether one talks about municipal noise ordinances, or state speed limits and building codes, or federal regulations regarding the disposal of toxic waste, gov't is the vehicle that civilized societies use to prohibit certain conduct and/or require compliance from people and business in order to better assure the health and safety of everyone. Otherwise, there would be chaos.

Conservation.

It is (or at least it used to be) a concept that conservatives embraced. In fact, Teddy Roosevelt was on the vanguard of the conservation movement through the establishment of our national parks. Now, conservatives routinely deride the setting aside of public lands for preservation.

In fact, very often today I hear conservatives mock the concept of conservation. As an example of that, it's not uncommon for some conservatives to come on this board on Earth Day and proudly proclaim that they fully intend on turning on every light in their homes with the intention of leaving them on all night.

What happened to the conservative movement to make them abandon one of their core beliefs and instead embrace waste up to and including the destruction of our natural environment?

Bullshit...Democrats and their environmental goons want to use the government to control business and individual rights through a plethora of unnecessary laws and regulations. That's what all Americans should be knowledgeable enough to understand.

Pay off the Democratic Party political machine and the environment will always take a back seat. That's the reality.

Since when hasn't the gov't been an instrument of societal control? Whether one talks about municipal noise ordinances, or state speed limits and building codes, or federal regulations regarding the disposal of toxic waste, gov't is the vehicle that civilized societies use to prohibit certain conduct and/or require compliance from people and business in order to better assure the health and safety of everyone. Otherwise, there would be chaos.

My perspective is that such bureaucracies as the EPA, IRS, Department of Health and Human Services, Labor Department, Justice Department .. etc. are un-elected and unaccountable bureaucrats stealing our freedoms and at this time mere tentacles of the Democratic Party.

You seem to consider questioning over-reach by the EPA bureaucrats and their regulations as a willingness to "F" over the environment. It's just another phony card played by the Democratic Party and you in this case during an election cycle.

Most Americans want to leave a better world/country to their children which as you know is a dream lost after 6+ years of Obama. The national debt, federal unfunded liabilities and moral collapse marks the end of that American dream... enjoy

Last edited:
Conservation.

My perspective is that such bureaucracies as the EPA, IRS, Department of Health and Human Services, Labor Department, Justice Department .. etc. are un-elected and unaccountable bureaucrats stealing our freedoms and at this time mere tentacles of the Democratic Party.

You seem to consider questioning over-reach by the EPA bureaucrats and their regulations as a willingness to "F" over the environment. It's just another phony card played by the Democratic Party and you in this case during an election cycle.

Most Americans want to leave a better world/country to their children which as you know is a dream lost after 6+ years of Obama. The national debt, federal unfunded liabilities and moral collapse marks the end of that American dream... enjoy

Bush and his conservatism left America in shambles. That's not opinion. That's fact. Things are markedly and measurably better now. That's also a fact. Try to live in the real world, and DEAL with it.

Conservation.

Bush and his conservatism left America in shambles. That's not opinion. That's fact. Things are markedly and measurably better now. That's also a fact. Try to live in the real world, and DEAL with it.

You're Fun...:popcorn: ... :beer:

Let us conveniently forget that Democrats controlled Congress the last 2 years of the Bush Presidency. Then, let us believe Democrats didn't get to vote in Congress or have any influence such as voting overwhelmingly in favor of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, granted, for political reasons they chickened out or get a free pass on their broken commitment, but still...sheesh.

.. Let us also forget that Clinton could have had Bin Laden at least three times and passed on it.

Forget that the dot.com bubble had burst and Bush inherited a recession, 9/11 was all his fault of course and Louisiana (Katrina) didn't have a Democratic Party Governor or Mayor at the time.

then the whole time bugged by whining liberal pantywaists, Gads, the mans practically a Saint... :laugh:

Last edited:
Conservation.

the government should not be telling people how much electricity to use. If the person pays for it, whats the problem?

Conservation.

are you that stupid? Almost everything is worse under Barry.

Most Americans know that things used to be much better in the United States, but they don’t have the facts and the figures to back that belief up. Well, after reading the shocking statistics in this article nobody should be left with any doubt that things have gotten worse in America. There are less jobs, incomes are down, home values have plummeted, poverty is up, consumer debt is way up, dependence of the government has skyrocketed and government debt is totally out of control. Sadly, it hasn’t really mattered which political party has had control over the White House. Things have gotten worse under Obama, they got worse under Bush, and they got worse under Clinton. We are in the midst of a horrific long-term economic decline and the American people desperately need to wake up.

The following are 35 shocking statistics that prove that things have gotten worse in America….

#1 Median household income in the United States is down 7.8 percent since December 2007 after adjusting for inflation.

#2 There are 5.6 million less jobs than there were when the last recession began back in late 2007.

#3 The U.S. government says that the number of Americans “not in the labor force” rose by 17.9 million between 2000 and 2011. During the entire decade of the 1980s, the number of Americans “not in the labor force” rose by only 1.7 million.

#4 In 2007, the unemployment rate for the 20 to 29 age bracket was about 6.5 percent. Today, the unemployment rate for that same age group is about 13 percent.

#5 In 2007, 73.2 percent of all young adults between the ages of 18 and 24 that were not enrolled in school had jobs. Today, that number has declined to 65 percent.

#6 Back in the year 2000, more than 50 percent of all Americans teens had a job. This past summer, only 29.6% of all American teens had a job.

#7 When Barack Obama entered the White House, the number of “long-term unemployed workers” in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

35 Shocking Statistics That Prove That Things Have Gotten Worse In America MrConservative.com Mr. Conservative is the top website for news political cartoons breaking news republican election news conservative facts and commentary on political elections

Thank you ninja for doing the work for me. Let's not forget that the Middle East is in anarchy thanks to Obama and not since the 60s have as many American cities been in anarchy. More blacks are being killed today than anytime in the past BY BLACKS. Our debt has doubled under his reign and millions of middle class citizens have lost or have had their health insurance diminished. Add in the scandals, the war against police, the unqualified racism by the justice department and you have to admit mustang has been roaming the range way to long. Thank you ninja.

Conservation.

You're Fun...:popcorn: ... :beer:

Let us conveniently forget that Democrats controlled Congress the last 2 years of the Bush Presidency. Then, let us believe Democrats didn't get to vote in Congress or have any influence such as voting overwhelmingly in favor of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, granted, for political reasons they chickened out or get a free pass on their broken commitment, but still...sheesh.

.. Let us also forget that Clinton could have had Bin Laden at least three times and passed on it.

Forget that the dot.com bubble had burst and Bush inherited a recession, 9/11 was all his fault of course and Louisiana (Katrina) didn't have a Democratic Party Governor or Mayor at the time.

then the whole time bugged by whining liberal pantywaists, Gads, the mans practically a Saint... :laugh:

Let us NOT conveniently forget that conservatives always have excuses.

Conservation.

The OP is total bullshit, not worthy of response.

Conservation.

The OP is total bullshit, not worthy of response.

How appropriate that you responded then.

Conservation.

You are correct about the totality of local govt control.. In fact the more local you get, the more complete the control. You havent experienced the American Gulag of Totalitarianism, until youve been pestered by a neighborhood Home Owners Assoc. WHATS NEW is the rate at which the FED govt is assuming that power and domain. From local law enforcement to flushing your toilet. Innovation and efficiency is always better when control is distributed. Delegate delagate delagate..

Conservation.

Roosevelt was a progressive, not a conservative. Furthermore, no one "embraces" destruction of our natural environment, but eliminating the last 0.000000000000001% of mercury from Coal emissions isn't worth the $500 billion cost. Only left-wing imbeciles believe that cost is not an issue when it comes to cutting pollution.

By today's standards, even Reagan can't truly be considered a conservative.

Thank you ninja for doing the work for me. Let's not forget that the Middle East is in anarchy thanks to Obama and not since the 60s have as many American cities been in anarchy. More blacks are being killed today than anytime in the past BY BLACKS. Our debt has doubled under his reign and millions of middle class citizens have lost or have had their health insurance diminished. Add in the scandals, the war against police, the unqualified racism by the justice department and you have to admit mustang has been roaming the range way to long. Thank you ninja.
Anarchy? Their is a dictator waiting around the corner from every Casbah...

Conservation.

Roosevelt was a progressive, not a conservative. Furthermore, no one "embraces" destruction of our natural environment, but eliminating the last 0.000000000000001% of mercury from Coal emissions isn't worth the $500 billion cost. Only left-wing imbeciles believe that cost is not an issue when it comes to cutting pollution.

By today's standards, even Reagan can't truly be considered a conservative.

BS

Forum List

Back