Why is homosexuality condemned in the Bible?

(How biblical!)

Don't worry about the Bible. The Bible is old. Give modern facts about the safety of gay anal sex.

Surely you found those statistics that show how ignorant everybody is. Right?

or did you ignore that mess because it proved you wrong?

It is ok to be a homosexual but it is not ok to be an arrogant lying piece of filth. Tell the truth my good friend.

Please don't be a filthy and disgusting liar.

Romans 1:26-27 teaches homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God like what Adam and Eve did. What happens is when people deny and disobey God through homosexuality, then God turns them over to even more wicked and sinful behavior. The act leads to more lascivious and sinful behavior.

Actually, the original sin of Adam and Eve didn't have anything to do with sex. God asked Adam why he ate the apple, and he said because Eve told him to. God then asked Eve why she ate it, and she blamed it on the serpent.

The real original sin was that they didn't take responsibility for their actions, and tried to blame someone else. I can't help but wonder what God would have done if Adam had said "yes, I ate it, but it was because I was curious. I'm sorry I did it, can you help me fix the situation?" Maybe if he had said that, we'd still be in the Garden.

They is a lesson to be learned here! (How biblical!)

People who find self affirmation in every puddle are always "winning". Always. It cannot be any other way for them.

is that really the best you can do? lol...

You do have my condolences.
Yep, I lost again. Somehow i knew i would.

Thats progress.

By now you must have gained an inkling that trying to dismiss the hidden teachings in scripture as magical bullshit (because you can't grasp the hidden teaching) is as dumb as dismissing the story of Pinocchio as magical bullshit, consequently the teaching has settled above your head like a flame because you are all hung up on the scientifically proven fact that puppets don't come to life and talk.

well done professor.

lol....You've been schnookered by ancient Hebrew shepherds who never heard of science.. Thats a fact!
"Hidden meaning" = whatever silly horseshit hobelim makes up to feel better about adopting iron age myths

Actually, the original sin of Adam and Eve didn't have anything to do with sex. God asked Adam why he ate the apple, and he said because Eve told him to. God then asked Eve why she ate it, and she blamed it on the serpent.

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Leviticus 18:22

There are many places in the Bible where homosexuality is condemned.

You yourself said what the Adam and Eve's original sin was and that was eating the forbidden fruit; not what happened afterward. It was disobeying God's one rule for Adam and Eve. Homosexuals likewise taste the forbidden fruit which God did not want and thus have to suffer the consequences. In their case, the punishment is becoming more jaded in their sin. It's a strange punishment and this is the first time I've heard of it. The sin itself becomes the punishment. For Adam's sin, the punishment was death, i.e. wages of sin is death, and it was passed along to us.

We know that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible, but why?

Some Christians say it is because God's plan was for man and woman to join in the sacrament of matrimony, and be fruitful and multiply.

So, homosexuality, by that logic, is not condemned because of what it is, it is condemned because it diverts a person from doing what they are commanded to do, which is be fruitful and multiply.

But then, there's a question.

Why does the Catholic faith command certain persons to remain celibate and/or chaste in order to serve God?

Would not a life of celibacy and/or chastity be just as sinful as a life spent in the homosexual lifestyle?

And on a broader note, are all men and woman who never marry living a sinful life?

I think we need a serious discussion, so let's not have the usual malarky.

The answer is from Greek times when Homosexuality was frowned on by the Jewish community...

Homosexuality was considered as an act which was on the opposite side of the course of things established by God. Therefore, someone disobeyed the God's will engaging in it.

so sayeth backward people from the iron age....

Age were backwards?

Would you call Socrates backwards?
Haha...do you not get the absurdity of your comment? The pioneer of reason is not representative of the populace of the iron age. Stop being silly.

That would be like pointing to ussain bolt and saying, "people in 2017 could all run fast". So dumb.

The Bible needs to realize ....no harm, no foul

The rest of humanity does

Because it was written by backwards people from the iron age.
I asked that we not have the usual malarky.

it wasn't malarky.

it was the best answer.
What makes you think people in Iron Age were backwards?

Or Julius Caesar?

Or Cicero?

These guys were a lot smarter than you.

"What makes you think people in Iron Age were backwards?"

"Would you call Socrates backwards?"

399 BC, Classical Athens

The Suicide of Socrates, 399 BC. On a day in 399 BC the philosopher Socrates stood before a jury of 500 of his fellow Athenians accused of "refusing to recognize the gods recognized by the state" and of "corrupting the youth." If found guilty; his penalty could be death.

killed by backwards people.

and.....Jun 8, 2019 - Homosexuality: sexual attraction to persons of the same sex. .... When Socrates was in the company of beautiful boys, he lost his senses.....???!?!?! wha?

was this brilliant man who is smarter than me....gay?!?!?!?!

"Or Julius Caesar?"

March 15, 44 BC, Rome

On March 15, 44 B.C. a group of Roman senators murdered Julius Caesar as he sat on the podium at a senate meeting. The dictator fell bleeding to his death from 23 stab wounds before the horrified eyes of the rest of the house.Mar 15, 2018

Killed by backward people....

and....."Is it true that Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great were gay ..."

apparently...

Nov 9, 2017 - The term gay/homosexual wasn't used and the idea of being exclusively same sex wouldn't be common, but having same sex lovers was .....

was julius ceasar.....another brilliant man much smarter than me.....gay??!?!?!?

"Or Cicero?"

The death of Cicero

Marcus Tullius Cicero was a famous politician and lawyer, whose life was cut short when he was killed at the order of Mark Antony.

Killed by backward people.

Got anyone else?

who was probably also murdered by backward people.....

anyone?

"These guys were a lot smarter than you"

Perhaps.

Hard to say really as I have the advantage of thousands of years of other peoples thinking and opinions.

But I know one thing.....I am MUCH smarter than YOU!

Age were backwards?

Haha...do you not get the absurdity of your comment? The pioneer of reason is not representative of the populace of the iron age. Stop being silly.

That would be like pointing to ussain bolt and saying, "people in 2017 could all run fast". So dumb.

But thats not what he said. You are claiming the Jewish scriptures were just superstition when the people who wrote them were far more fluent than you in the use of metaphors, parables, allegories, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., the language of the prophets, well known literary devices used to teach and even if the majority of the population were superstitious and ignorant of figurative language used by the literate and took those stories literally as you do to deride and dismiss out of hand what you have failed to comprehend there remains as relevant today as when they were written, a far more advanced understanding of the human mind than the best modern psychiatric theories , the causes and cure for all forms of mental illness including your overinflated egocentric opinion of your limited intellectual abilities.

So you can continue to crawl on your belly eating dust for the rest of your days and no one will give a shit.

So be happy. I am not trying to convince you of anything. I am using you as an example to show what the ancients called the condemnation of God, your inability to grasp simple concepts made for children. The garbage in your mind only poisons your own mind. And soon, very soon, the entire world will be immune to your mind games, what ancient people called sorcery and demonic possession, basically thought control, just as I am.

And there is nothing you can do about it. What I have opened to others cannot be closed by you and what remains closed to you will never be opened by you

So go fuck yourself some more and have a nice day.

But seriously, thank you for helping me to show the hidden wisdom of God in giving the instruction to keep the mind pure by differentiating between clean and unclean, right and wrong, good and evil, life and death, and then learning to choose good and reject evil and by doing so become more than a human schmuck, a new creature walking the earth that is holy as God is holy.

Last edited:
The Bible needs to realize ....no harm, no foul

The rest of humanity does

I question whether there is harm when the sin becomes its own punishment. The person does it to himself. How can anyone stop that?

ETA: Now one can question whether it is a punishment, but that's what the Bible says. It's not like one gets hit by lightening for it.

Man = penis
Woman = vagina

The penis was designed to be inserted into the vagina for procreation, and it's rather enjoyable.

Anus = intended for excrement of feces.

To insert a penis into an anus is an unnatural act. It's sexually perverted, and would only be desirable to a mentally ill pervert.

That's why the Bible condemns it.

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Leviticus 18:22

There are many places in the Bible where homosexuality is condemned.

You yourself said what the Adam and Eve's original sin was and that was eating the forbidden fruit; not what happened afterward. It was disobeying God's one rule for Adam and Eve. Homosexuals likewise taste the forbidden fruit which God did not want and thus have to suffer the consequences. In their case, the punishment is becoming more jaded in their sin. It's a strange punishment and this is the first time I've heard of it. The sin itself becomes the punishment. For Adam's sin, the punishment was death, i.e. wages of sin is death, and it was passed along to us.

An abomination isn't the same thing as a sin.

And, if you are a Christian, why are you quoting verses from the OT (a Jewish book), using a chapter specifically designated for Jewish priests?

when the people who wrote them were far more fluent than you in the use of metaphors, parables, allegories, homonyms, hyperbole, etc.
No they werent. And the only tools at their disposal were terrible morality, abject ignorance, and fear of just about everything.

I get it, you insist all the ostensibly absurd parts are allegory(or whatever other, appropriate word will remove this magical horseshit from any real scrutiny). It's a con, and you are a fraud.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Gay and Bisexual Men | CDC

Smoking cigarettes, sky diving, drinking alcohol, speeding, and smoking drugs is dangerous too. It doesn't make it bad unless you lie about the dangers.
hmm, not one disease on that list you can't catch during hetero sex...

Heterosexuals are mostly monogamous or serial monogamous. Heterosexuals mostly avoid anal sex.

Homosexual females aren't quite as monogamous and they can't biologically engage in anal sex.

There is no such thing as a monogamous male homosexual. If you are fucking a gay guy then you are fucking two hundred gay guys times 200 gay guys times 200 gay guys so on and so forth. Male homosexuals are 100% guaranteed to contract an STD no matter how safe their sex is. You know this and so does the CDC (Center for Disease Control). You can call me ignorant if you but I am certain that CDC is not retarded. They know what they are doing.

Forum List

Back