Why is homosexuality condemned in the Bible?

We know that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible, but why?

Some Christians say it is because God's plan was for man and woman to join in the sacrament of matrimony, and be fruitful and multiply.

So, homosexuality, by that logic, is not condemned because of what it is, it is condemned because it diverts a person from doing what they are commanded to do, which is be fruitful and multiply.

But then, there's a question.

Why does the Catholic faith command certain persons to remain celibate and/or chaste in order to serve God?

Would not a life of celibacy and/or chastity be just as sinful as a life spent in the homosexual lifestyle?

And on a broader note, are all men and woman who never marry living a sinful life?

I think we need a serious discussion, so let's not have the usual malarky.
I don't mean to step on any toes, but I have to say that in my lifetime, I have seen homosexuality break my best friend's heart when her fiance left her for a boyfriend; deny parents of grandchildren, and causes a young man to leave and hate his parent's religious warnings, and denies elderly parents comfort in their old age because he hates them for choosing their beliefs over his deriving satisfaction at ending his childhood in a way that hurts shocked parents like nothing else in the world could, leaving the parent who denied themselves of comfort so that man could return their lives of sacrifice for just a little kindness in their old age. It dishonors the family and puts widowed seniors into an unbelievable gulf of sorrow and tears which never goes away. And that's what I think about such a choice in life to make.

Well, if you feel that a person should allow others to make their most important lifetime decisions for them, I can see why you would feel this way.

For instance you can teach your children that Elijah was 'taken up' into heaven in a whirlwind, but by the age of 13 they should be able to comprehend that being "taken up' is just a euphemism for being lynched by a mob.
Or whatever else they want to make up to save themselves some of the embarrassment of believing in silly,magical myths, just like you do.

The myths of Global Warmism are a lot more silly, and further most have been proven to be false. By this point in time, according to Climate Change Prophet Al Gore, there should be no ice in the arctic.
You know less than nothing about climate science, and so your opinion is worth less than nothing...anonymous, uneducated fool, relegated to anonymous message boards to spew his denier nonsense...you're right where you belong....

Libs in the 21st Century actually think that Bruce Jenner is a broad, just because he wears a dress in his dotage. Libs have no standing to discuss "reality" with anyone.
Wow you are stupid. How does a grown man post that and not get embarrassed of himself?

For instance you can teach your children that Elijah was 'taken up' into heaven in a whirlwind, but by the age of 13 they should be able to comprehend that being "taken up' is just a euphemism for being lynched by a mob.
Or whatever else they want to make up to save themselves some of the embarrassment of believing in silly,magical myths, just like you do.

the only people who are stupid are the ones who think the stories are about magical bullshit which includes believers and unbelievers like you..You all miss the point and teachings of those stories which stretch out way above your head from horizon to horizon like an impenetrable crystal clear vault.

exactly as intended by ancient people far more intelligent than you.

You all miss the point and teachings of those stories which stretch out way above your head from horizon to horizon like an impenetrable crystal clear vault
Nonsense. You make up meanings you like. So do other people. And yours are no better than theirs. And the next time any two of you frauds agree on them will be the first time. They are all lessons anyone can find in a million other places. Especially the immoral, vile ones found all over that piece of shit book. I dont need a terrible, iron age piece of crap or a self styled shamn conman like you to get these lessons. Nor do I have any desuire to give an ounce of effort lying to myself that the words writtem by terrified, ignorant, auperstitious peole form the iron akd bromze age mean anything but precisely what they say. But, then again, I dont force myself into that embarrassing position by adopting ridiculous, magical myths, and then having to cover for the vile, ignorant sources from which i draw them.

Last edited:
You all miss the point and teachings of those stories which stretch out way above your head from horizon to horizon like an impenetrable crystal clear vault
Nonsense. You make up meanings you like. So do other people. And yours are no better than theirs. And the next time any two of you frauds agree on them will be the first time. They are all lessons anyone can find in a million other places. Especially the immoral, vile ones found all over that piece of shit book. I dont need a terrible, iron age piece of crap or a self styled shamn conman like you to get these lessons.

lol.... What makes you think that I give a shit whether you understand anything written in scripture at all or whether you can decipher the deep arcane metaphors like opening the eyes of the blind, raising the dead, or condemning a talking serpent to live out the rest of his days as the lowest of all lowlifes???

BTW if you got any of the not so hidden lessons you wouldn't be such a douchebag as to claim that there are no relevant teachings in those stories that apparently confound you to no end.

It's an excellent question. One I've never thought of, so had to look it up.

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." Romans 1:26-27

To engage in homosexual behavior is the sin. The temptation isn't the sin such as being attracted to the same sex. It states the temptation may lead to the sinful act, but the struggle itself is not a sin.

Romans 1:26-27 teaches homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God like what Adam and Eve did. What happens is when people deny and disobey God through homosexuality, then God turns them over to even more wicked and sinful behavior. The act leads to more lascivious and sinful behavior.

I suppose it's like Pringles. Once you start, then it's hard to stop and the behavior gets more jaded and perverted.

I don't know as I only know about crimes against homosexuals and criminal homosexual behavior.

What makes you think that I give a shit whether you understand anything written in scripture at all or whether you can decipher the deep arcane metaphors like opening the eyes of the blind, raising the dead, or condemning a talking serpent to live out the rest of his days as the lowest of all lowlifes???
Because...you never shut the fuck up about it when posting to me?

BTW if you got any of the not so hidden lessons you wouldn't be such a douchebag as to claim that there are no relevant teachings in those stories that apparently confound you to no end.
I'm a much better person than you. You believe magical, immoral horseshit from the iron age. And, if you would wipe the foam away from your mouth and the tears away from your eyes, you would see i said precisely the opposite of the idea, "it contains no relevant lessons". Pay attention, son.

By the way, saying it contains relevant lessons is not high praise. So do fortune cookies and Saturday morning cartoons. But the latter two have better writing. ;)

What makes you think that I give a shit whether you understand anything written in scripture at all or whether you can decipher the deep arcane metaphors like opening the eyes of the blind, raising the dead, or condemning a talking serpent to live out the rest of his days as the lowest of all lowlifes???
Because...you never shut the fuck up about it when posting to me?

I'm a much better person than you. You believe magical, immoral horseshit from the iron age. And, if you would wipe the foam away from your mouth and the tears away from your eyes, you would see i said precisely the opposite of the idea, "it contains no relevant lessons". Pay attention, son.

By the way, saying it contains relevant lessons is not high praise. So do fortune cookies and Saturday morning cartoons. But the latter two have better writing. ;)

You're coming undone professor.

I don't believe in magical bullshit so you can shove that right up your snout.

I believe in what those fantastical stories teach about creatures like you.

You prove those stories true. I believe what I see with my own eyes.

Hmm...yes, you do. You just like to think your magic fetish is special, and everyone else's is "magic".

I'm neither shocked nor impressed when a religious nutball sees proof of his magical fetish in every puddle. Today i am the puddle. Lucky me.

Hmm...yes, you do. You just like to think your magic fetish is special, and everyone else's is "magic".

I'm neither shocked nor impressed when a religious nutball sees proof of his magical fetish in every puddle. Today i am the puddle. Lucky me.

Hmmm let's see. You claim to not need those stories to learn what they teach, so the floor is yours.

What do they teach?

Hmmm let's see. You claim to not need those stories to learn what they teach, so the floor is yours.

What do they teach?
But see, thats the thing, professor. Here is where i can make up anything i damn well please, as you have. You just think you haven't, because you find self affirmation in every puddle, and because you have to think your version is the correct one. You cant even help yourself.

Stop pestering atheists. Go find two Christians and ask them. Then watch the wildly different answers pile up on the floor like a rising, steaming pile of crap. Then ask 100 more. Ive rarely seen you agree with any of them, or they with each other...

Thats a pretty clear signal that you're all full of shit. Then, add in the death blow to empirical knowledge -- that there is no way to tell which of you is correct -- and the signal becomes even stronger.

You're all just full of shit, it seems. You, the Buddhists,the zoroastrians...the lot of you... Fine, whatever makes you happy.

They is a lesson to be learned here! (How biblical!)

People who find self affirmation in every puddle are always "winning". Always. It cannot be any other way for them.

They is a lesson to be learned here! (How biblical!)

People who find self affirmation in every puddle are always "winning". Always. It cannot be any other way for them.

is that really the best you can do? lol...

You do have my condolences.
Yep, I lost again. Somehow i knew i would.

Thats progress.

By now you must have gained an inkling that trying to dismiss the hidden teachings in scripture as magical bullshit (because you can't grasp the hidden teaching) is as dumb as dismissing the story of Pinocchio as magical bullshit, consequently the teaching has settled above your head like a flame because you are all hung up on the scientifically proven fact that puppets don't come to life and talk.

well done professor.

lol....You've been schnookered by ancient Hebrew shepherds who never heard of science.. Thats a fact!

Last edited:

The myths of Global Warmism are a lot more silly, and further most have been proven to be false. By this point in time, according to Climate Change Prophet Al Gore, there should be no ice in the arctic.
You know less than nothing about climate science, and so your opinion is worth less than nothing...anonymous, uneducated fool, relegated to anonymous message boards to spew his denier nonsense...you're right where you belong....

Libs in the 21st Century actually think that Bruce Jenner is a broad, just because he wears a dress in his dotage. Libs have no standing to discuss "reality" with anyone.
Wow you are stupid. How does a grown man post that and not get embarrassed of himself?

How smart are you? Do you really think the Bruce Jenner is a chick? Should the Asians gals in Canada be put out of business because they refuse to give a brazilian wax to "Jessica" Yaniv?

Because people were bigoted 2,000 years ago too

No, because after his death the people turned aside from the way that Moses taught to follow the law (Deuteronomy 31:29) and then rejected it again when Jesus came and openly revealed the secret meaning of the law that had been lost to time and deliberately kept secret by a select few for over a thousand years . Then the Romans assimilated and perverted Christianity in 325 C.E. , killed anyone who kept the law and remained faithful to Jesus, and then buried his revelation under a mountain of blasphemy making desecrating his teaching, the actual Body of Christ, and celebrating his torture and death the official compulsory religion (under penalty of death) of all the nations in the roman world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back