Why is homosexuality condemned in the Bible?

Why is it condemned in the Bible?

It may have something to do with the staggering STD rates among gay males.
Wow that is so painfully stupid. How many heteros have herpes and hepatitis? Just shut up, you're embarrassing yourself.

For instance you can teach your children that Elijah was 'taken up' into heaven in a whirlwind, but by the age of 13 they should be able to comprehend that being "taken up' is just a euphemism for being lynched by a mob.
Or whatever else they want to make up to save themselves some of the embarrassment of believing in silly,magical myths, just like you do.

The myths of Global Warmism are a lot more silly, and further most have been proven to be false. By this point in time, according to Climate Change Prophet Al Gore, there should be no ice in the arctic.

For instance you can teach your children that Elijah was 'taken up' into heaven in a whirlwind, but by the age of 13 they should be able to comprehend that being "taken up' is just a euphemism for being lynched by a mob.
Or whatever else they want to make up to save themselves some of the embarrassment of believing in silly,magical myths, just like you do.

The myths of Global Warmism are a lot more silly, and further most have been proven to be false. By this point in time, according to Climate Change Prophet Al Gore, there should be no ice in the arctic.
You know less than nothing about climate science, and so your opinion is worth less than nothing...anonymous, uneducated fool, relegated to anonymous message boards to spew his denier nonsense...you're right where you belong....

You know less than nothing about climate science, and so your opinion is worth less than nothing...anonymous, uneducated fool, relegated to anonymous message boards to spew his denier nonsense...you're right where you belong....

Libs in the 21st Century actually think that Bruce Jenner is a broad, just because he wears a dress in his dotage. Libs have no standing to discuss "reality" with anyone.

Why does the Catholic faith command certain persons to remain celibate and/or chaste in order to serve God?

Would not a life of celibacy and/or chastity be just as sinful as a life spent in the homosexual lifestyle?
Because that’s what the Catholic Church requires

As far as the second part I quoted...No, read the Bible

We know that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible, but why?

Some Christians say it is because God's plan was for man and woman to join in the sacrament of matrimony, and be fruitful and multiply.

So, homosexuality, by that logic, is not condemned because of what it is, it is condemned because it diverts a person from doing what they are commanded to do, which is be fruitful and multiply.

But then, there's a question.

Why does the Catholic faith command certain persons to remain celibate and/or chaste in order to serve God?

Would not a life of celibacy and/or chastity be just as sinful as a life spent in the homosexual lifestyle?

And on a broader note, are all men and woman who never marry living a sinful life?

I think we need a serious discussion, so let's not have the usual malarky.
Paul said;.....I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Again, the Bible encourages, but does not demand celibacy of priests / church leaders. In fact, Paul recognizes that most church leaders will be married. The Roman Catholic requirement of celibacy is a sad example of the Church taking something that the Bible encourages and transforming it into a requirement in order to protect its own interests. Sadder still is the damage that has been done as a result of the Roman Catholic Church’s anti-biblical requirement. Men whom God has not gifted or called to be celibate (1 Corinthians 7:7) are being required to be celibate, and the result is tremendous failures in the areas of adultery, fornication, and the sexual abuse of children.

Some Christians say it is because God's plan was for man and woman to join in the sacrament of matrimony, and be fruitful and multiply.

So, homosexuality, by that logic, is not condemned because of what it is, it is condemned because it diverts a person from doing what they are commanded to do, which is be fruitful and multiply.

And on a broader note, are all men and woman who never marry living a sinful life?

Firstly: The Bible in the New Testament says that a bishop (minister) should be the husband of one wife. The Roman Catholic church is the one that strayed from want is biblical and wandered into the field of TRADITION.

Secondly: The Bible in the New Testament allows a person to remain celibate if he or she feels so lead. However, such a person would be required to marry if he felt a strong desire to have sexual relations. In such a case, that individual must only have sex with one's spouse.

Thirdly: Homosexuality in an of itself requires the misuse and misapplication and abuse of GOD created human organs, and was often practiced as a part of pagan rites that are the brainchild of satanic rituals.

Because Adam and Eve were told to have lots and lots of kids. You can't do that in homo relationships.

So how did Adam and Eve have a bunch of kids who weren't totally inbred at the grandchild level, because all they'd have to fuck would be their siblings at that point.
The act of sex for procreation is not in and of itself evil. It must be remembered that the DNA of Adam and Eve was once perfect. It was after the Fall of Adam & Eve that this DNA began to degrade. And after the Flood there appears to be environmental factors that caused a quickening of the aging process and so would also mean that the DNA in the population was degrading.

Because it was written by backwards people from the iron age.
People who otherwise might seem educated and believe in the theory of evolution may imagine that backward people would be modest. However, I feel that the complete opposite is demonstrated. The closer one is to the slime pit (according to a theory of upward and uplifting of society and the evolution of man) one should see that childish behavior among adults should cease all together.

In other words, if evolution is in fact true------man should become more and more MORAL He should see any deviant behavior as a throwback to the apes and animals of the past. Sex should become more and more only a means of procreation when necessary.

HOWEVER, what is observed is that man is becoming more and more of a beast and enjoying rolling in the slime without desiring procreation. And this would point potently to the reality that man is devolving, and becoming more and more like the generation that Noah lived among before the Flood.

So, homosexuality and its acceptance by society, is in actuality demonstrating that man is digressing and not improving. He needs salvation, and his denial of it only turns man into a beast of the field that presently still is capable of creating toys to humor himself but not improve his destiny.

While it is true that you and a couple of scientists who work from Shell oil do not believe in global warming, it is no longer a theory, but accepted mainstream science.

Because it was written by backwards people from the iron age.
People who otherwise might seem educated and believe in the theory of evolution may imagine that backward people would be modest. However, I feel that the complete opposite is demonstrated. The closer one is to the slime pit (according to a theory of upward and uplifting of society and the evolution of man) one should see that childish behavior among adults should cease all together.

In other words, if evolution is in fact true------man should become more and more MORAL He should see any deviant behavior as a throwback to the apes and animals of the past. Sex should become more and more only a means of procreation when necessary.

HOWEVER, what is observed is that man is becoming more and more of a beast and enjoying rolling in the slime without desiring procreation. And this would point potently to the reality that man is devolving, and becoming more and more like the generation that Noah lived among before the Flood.

So, homosexuality and its acceptance by society, is in actuality demonstrating that man is digressing and not improving. He needs salvation, and his denial of it only turns man into a beast of the field that presently still is capable of creating toys to humor himself but not improve his destiny.

Good points, Man does seem to be devolving- and a rapidly accelerating pace

Wow that is so painfully stupid. How many heteros have herpes and hepatitis? Just shut up, you're embarrassing yourself.

Are you implying that the STD rate of male homosexuals, female homosexuals and heterosexuals are fairly similar?

It is my guess that male homosexuals are more vulnerable to STD's.

I guess I will remain painfully stupid and continue embarrassing myself. I hate facts too much to look up the facts. Do you hate facts too or do you like them?

Are you implying that the STD rate of male homosexuals, female homosexuals and heterosexuals are fairly similar?

I guess I will remain painfully stupid and continue embarrassing myself. I hate facts too much to look up the facts. Do you hate facts too or do you like them?

I don't think its an accident of history that aids became so much more prevalent with homosexuals as opposed to normative guys.

Being old, I remember when aids first became popular in the 1980's. All of the talking heads on TV predicted Normative People would struck just as fiercely as our anal-insertive brethren. One normative writer wrote a book titled "The Myth of Heterosexual Aids"

He was literally crucified by the media over his theorem, which turned out to be spot on.

I don't think its an accident of history that aids became so much more prevalent with homosexuals as opposed to normative guys.

Being old, I remember when aids first became popular in the 1980's. All of the talking heads on TV predicted Normative People would struck just as fiercely as our anal-insertive brethren. One normative writer wrote a book titled "The Myth of Heterosexual Aids"

He was literally crucified by the media over his theorem, which turned out to be spot on.

An overwhelmingly large portion of heterosexuals live monogamous or serial monogamous lifestyles.

From a secular perspective monogamy is extremely rare in the homosexual community. From a Biblical perspective monogamous homosexual relationships do not exist.

Another more graphic point is that anal sex causes more tearing than vaginal sex which increases the potential to spread STDs exponentially.

Just because we love gays as a society doesn't mean we should alter the truth to spare someone's feelings at the expense of endangering their health. Anal sex and especially homosexual anal sex is the most dangerous of all types of sexual activity on the planet. Let's no be stupid just for the sake of being nice. That makes it double stupid.

The book is instruction. You may not know this but people from all over the world have been telling all sorts of fantastical stories to teach their children hard learned lessons from their past about life in the ancient world .

You should be embarrassed for failing to learn teachings intended for children that lived thousands of years ago.

Dismissing the teaching as superstition is as stupid as believing in superstition. Either way the teaching remains above the grasp of vile and loathsome creatures that do not ruminate exactly as intended by ancient people far more intelligent than you.

You are such a jerk.

"some Christians say" That is not why the bible contemns the act. It is an unnatural act. The orifice for excretion was not designed in nature to accommodate the act thereby causing tearing and fistulas. The etymology of the word sodomy is rooted in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. The people there were overtaken by immoral lust and God destroyed them. The demands of the church have no support in the Bible. Nowhere does it say that a priest must be celibate. Clearly Jesus and Paul were both celibate and encouraged people who were single or celibate to use their time to find the best way to serve God through prayer and devotion. It is not sin to remain single but if there are lustful thoughts the bible said not to succumb to temptations of the flesh but instead marry and honor your wife or husband.

I don't mean to step on any toes, but I have to say that in my lifetime, I have seen homosexuality break my best friend's heart when her fiance left her for a boyfriend; deny parents of grandchildren, and causes a young man to leave and hate his parent's religious warnings, and denies elderly parents comfort in their old age because he hates them for choosing their beliefs over his deriving satisfaction at ending his childhood in a way that hurts shocked parents like nothing else in the world could, leaving the parent who denied themselves of comfort so that man could return their lives of sacrifice for just a little kindness in their old age. It dishonors the family and puts widowed seniors into an unbelievable gulf of sorrow and tears which never goes away. And that's what I think about such a choice in life to make.

Forum List

Back