Why is FOX news downplaying Irene danger?

I was watching Neil Cavuto, or whatever his name is, and he was talking to Donald Trump and they both were talking about the media overstating Irene danger. Why?

Is this a page out of W's Katrina play book?

You know the danger level? Forecast the future because you are liberal and therefore, full of foresight?

Don't worry. Obama will hold back the tides, and save us from a hurricane that would have otherwise harmed many.

:lol:

I was watching Neil Cavuto, or whatever his name is, and he was talking to Donald Trump and they both were talking about the media overstating Irene danger. Why?

They were not downplaying. Trump said that this will be a bad storm.
You just didn't like it that Trump was telling the truth about the main stream media on other storms that didn't measure up to their hype.

New York City Braces for Hurricane Irene - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

You lefties need to stop with the lies about Fox and get over it. Fox news is not going away. If you don't like Fox don't watch it.

I'm pretty sure this storm will only harm liberal democrats. Everybody else should be safe.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have been watching Fox and I think it's pretty much been covered. Greta spent a whole hour on it.

Greta is the one person on FOX who seems to give matters a fair shake. I was talking about Cavuto interviewing Trump.

This thread should never have been moved. It was a fact, not a conspiracy. It was totally with political purposes.

KNOCK IT OFF. deleted, breaks the rules. Use pm, if you have a complaint about a mod or mod action. - Care4all

I think perhaps that the news channels may have a rigid and scripted program for their viewers and do not have the flexibility to change it as reality unfolds. Why would Fox ( and I'm sure all the other news stations) preempt all the usual business programs this Sat morning for Shep trying to pump a weakening storm. The storm could have been covered with 5 minute updates on the hour. I watched the Three Stooges on IFC instead.

Irene will probably be a tropical storm by later today. Good news for all. Well, unless your Obama and you wanted a "historical" hurricane. Maybe you hate Fox News and regret not being able to have a conspiracy thread? Whatever. Quit hating on the Emu.

Fox is smart...they understand that you can't out Weather Channel the Weather Channel.

If you want Irene coverage, Flip a couple channels and you'll get all the hurricane coverage you want.

Does ANYBODY here care (left or right) what Trump thinks about a hurricane?

On second thought -- he does have to protect that hair thing.. Love to see him do one of those "on the boardwalk - in the wind/rain things. Maybe it would explain exactly WHAT is on his head..

Former Fla. gator in me says -- I don't remember a single hurricane holding together about Cape Hatteras. Gulf stream is too far out and eventually the jet stream will shear it right off. See the pic in the link below for why Irene was never a MAJOR threat to the Northeast.

The Gulf Stream Myth - Hurricane Forecast Interpretation Tutorial

They are STILL yapping non-stop even tho the storm is falling apart. Look out for TORNADOs tho as it comes apart..

Yep.

They will be disappointed that the death toll was low.

Yep.

I'm certain the families of the nine people already killed will find comfort in your dumbfuckedness...

Category 1, 2 or 3 is misleading. You have have a category 3 that's only 300 miles across or you can have Irene which, at one point, was 1600 miles across and only a category one. The difference is "wind speed" when labeling category, but the real difference is "energy". If you take the energy of this huge storm and concentrate it into 300 miles, you would have a category 2 for sure, 3 possibly or maybe a 4. So, what is the danger of a storm this huge?

With the ground already soaked from one of the wettest summers on record, dropping down another couple of inches of rain means widespread or flash foods. There is the threat of tornadoes. Ground this soaked and sustained winds of 80 mph means many trees falling and mudslides.

Taking precautions means saving lives. Republicans will see this as proof precautions didn't need to be taken because few lives were lost. If the precautions weren't taken, Republican would see that as proof the government is incompetent. This is why Republicans in power are a bad idea.

Does ANYBODY here care (left or right) what Trump thinks about a hurricane?

On second thought -- he does have to protect that hair thing.. Love to see him do one of those "on the boardwalk - in the wind/rain things. Maybe it would explain exactly WHAT is on his head..

Former Fla. gator in me says -- I don't remember a single hurricane holding together about Cape Hatteras. Gulf stream is too far out and eventually the jet stream will shear it right off. See the pic in the link below for why Irene was never a MAJOR threat to the Northeast.

The Gulf Stream Myth - Hurricane Forecast Interpretation Tutorial

They are STILL yapping non-stop even tho the storm is falling apart. Look out for TORNADOs tho as it comes apart..

Actually.........no. I don't care what Donald the Chump thinks because he doesn't think.

Wonder what the storm surge is gonna look like on Tuesday though.

Yep.

I'm certain the families of the nine people already killed will find comfort in your dumbfuckedness...

As compared to the 1800 that died in Katrina.

Go on.

Tell those families it was their fault.

Shithead.

Yep.

Go on.

Shithead.

Why compare deaths, assfucker?

Dead is dead...

Dumbfuck...

Go be fucking stupid somewhere else....

Go on.

Shithead.

Why compare deaths, assfucker?

Dead is dead...

Dumbfuck...

Go be fucking stupid somewhere else....

Focus cocksucker..focus.

You started this dead thing..didn't ya?

For a cum gargler, Dr. Kneepads..you sure are fucking stupid.

Aren't ya?

Forum List

Back