Why is "conspiracy theory" considered a dirty word?

Honestly, why someone would be emotionally invested in vaccines one way or another, I have no idea - I honestly suspect that some people are either just trolling or bored if arguing about something as insignificant as "vaccines", especially when they're not a doctor or affiliated with the medical or vaccine manufacturing industries in anyway.

It's part of the current rebellion against self-described elites ordering us around, I think. There are a huge number of books coming out now against so many medical involvements in our lives -- all the screenings, all the false positives, all the vaccine shaming and guilting and legal actions against ordinary citizens. The determination to "treat" healthy people to make more money for the medical industry; the prescription of huge amounts of harmful meds we'd be far better off not taking at all. I've read some eight books on what is being called the "overtreatment" problem, and have some 15 to go. I don't consider this a conspiracy theory in any sense: it's a social problem of overcontrol by an "elite" segment of society that wants to control us all so they can maintain their high income and power. They fight back fiercely against any sign of independent thinking on the part of their victims, the citizenry. I think they are riding for a fall; I hope so.

I followed that story carefully. They only implied Daddy Cruz helped Oswald in some way --- what they had was a photo of him and Oswald and some others giving out pro-Cuba flyers, I think in Miami. And I have to say, yeah, it did look like a comparison photo of Daddy Cruz. Note that Cruz never, never said it wasn't true: he mocked it, but never denied it.

Probably because his dad DID know Oswald!

If Cruz was part of that interesting conspiracy, we'd know it by now. So I don't think so.
My god in heaven. And these people vote.
One of them is the current President of the United States. He's also a birther and often subscribes to other whackjob stories.
That's a non-sequitur - I'm not familiar with the birther arguments (e.x. Obama's birth certificate was forged), but it's apparent from your post has no regards for the legitimacy of claims, and that it's simply regurgitation of propaganda from a progressive perspective.

(If the birth certificate claims were about Trump, then even if absurd, they wouldn't be immediately dismissed as "wackjob", much like the claims about Russian collusion, involved in Esptein's sex ring, and so forth).
I dismissed all of those whackjob theories out of hand. Because I am not mentally defective.

Trump is a birther. He persisted in his stupidity for YEARS. He's an idiot. A dumbass credulous moron.

That's not a theory, that's a fact.
Moron's an opinion, not a "fact", you clearly don't know the difference.

"Birther's" just a buzzword, if the birther claims were true, then being a birther would be a positive thing.

No difference that I see in birther allegations than in Epstein / Russia allegations - the determining factor would be whether or not the allegations are solid or not, not merely that they're both "conspiracies".
Trump uses logical fallacies in almost every sentence he utters, when he isn't outright lying.

He's a moron. Documented fact.

My god in heaven. And these people vote.
One of them is the current President of the United States. He's also a birther and often subscribes to other whackjob stories.
That's a non-sequitur - I'm not familiar with the birther arguments (e.x. Obama's birth certificate was forged), but it's apparent from your post has no regards for the legitimacy of claims, and that it's simply regurgitation of propaganda from a progressive perspective.

(If the birth certificate claims were about Trump, then even if absurd, they wouldn't be immediately dismissed as "wackjob", much like the claims about Russian collusion, involved in Esptein's sex ring, and so forth).
I dismissed all of those whackjob theories out of hand. Because I am not mentally defective.

Trump is a birther. He persisted in his stupidity for YEARS. He's an idiot. A dumbass credulous moron.

"Birther's" just a buzzword, if the birther claims were true, then being a birther would be a positive thing.

No difference that I see in birther allegations than in Epstein / Russia allegations - the determining factor would be whether or not the allegations are solid or not, not merely that they're both "conspiracies".
Trump uses logical fallacies in almost every sentence he utters, when he isn't outright lying.

Fail

Fail
"Nuh-uh!" :lol:

Trump is known the world over as a credulous dumbass, and that makes him putty in the hands of people like Putin, MBS, and Kim.
I don't think any of your posts are reliable.

You had once posted that you had either personally known, or had known someone that had known James Randi. This guy was a known pedophile, and the inventor of false flags. He demonstrated their effectiveness in a run in Australia.

He also help found CSICOP, which I believe is now known as CSI. This organization has ties to the Deep State, either the CIA or FBI, I forget which. Both Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson among other public scientist liaison are on the payroll of this CIA linked organization. In fact, there is a special forum on-line that is funded and run by this organization. . . of which I am sure you are a member.

Committee for Skeptical Inquiry - Wikipedia

Home | Skeptical Inquirer

Committee for the Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP)
'Committee for the Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP)
Quackbusters

[A professional debunker for the Elite, a pseudo-skeptic. Elite and Pharma (Homeopathy bashing a favourite) Thought police. Recently (2008) leading the Elite's attack on anti-vaccinators--the CDC is sending to all schools in USA. They send it to the district epidemiology office, whose job it is to send it to all schools (see). A covert arm of the Elite like all Quackbusters. If Randi is a psychic or has similar power then it would be easy for him to scupper anyone doing a dowsing demonstartion.]
randi.jpg

Are Some Skeptics Debunkers in Sheep’s Clothing? By Keith Rowell

TOXIC DISINFORMATION: Joel Carlinsky, CSICOPS & Orgonomy by Jim Martin

CIA Perception Management: The Committee for Skeptical Inquiry "Examines" Mind Control and the Cycle of Child Abuse By Alex Constantine

External
Dennis Lee, His Critics and the "Skeptics"

Beware Pseudo-Skepticism. . . . . "

Your bullshit disinformation is completely unreliable and biased. It is all misinformation, and you should not be trusted at all. All forum members should ignore you, or, alternatively, if they like your posts, should move over to the forum that supports your type of crap. . it is littered with disinformation, misinformation, and a general disdain for normal people. The International Skeptics, isn't that it?

FFqzk.jpg

"conspiracy theory" is associated with the political right because it's the left-biased media who decides what is a legitimate story and what is a baseless conspiracy.
Really depends on the amount of proof you have to have your theory taken seriously

Trump is known the world over as a credulous dumbass, and that makes him putty in the hands of people like Putin, MBS, and Kim.

You had once posted that you had either personally known, or had known someone that had known James Randi. This guy was a known pedophile, and the inventor of false flags. He demonstrated their effectiveness in a run in Australia.
Yes, I personally knew James Randi. I was a member of the James Randi Educational Foundation for many years.

I eventually quit that organization because I suspect his live-in lover, Jose Alvarez, was underaged when Randi brought him to the US (illegally by the way). It turns out that his live-in lover used a stolen identity to hide here in the US.

As for Australia, it is amusing you call that wonderful exposé a "false flag". Randi used "Carlos" (the very same Jose Alvarez, his lover) to pose as a "spirit channeler" to see how many people would fall for the hoax. He then announced the hoax.

The whole point of the JREF is to debunk bullshit and to teach critical thinking skills. Sadly, our education system has deprived tens of millions of Americans those skills, which is why hucksters like Trump thrive.

See, that's the difference between a false flag and an exposé. A false flagger does not ever reveal themselves.

If hoaxing people is a false flag, then Donald Trump is one of the all time great false flaggers. He never admits he is hoaxing the rubes.

Last edited:

Yes, I personally knew James Randi. I was a member of the James Randi Education Foundation for many years.

I eventually quit that organization because I suspect his live-in lover, Jose Alvarez, was underaged when Randi brought him to the US (illegally by the way). It turns out that his live-in lover used a stolen identity to hide here in the US.

As for Australia, it is amusing you call that wonderful expose a "false flag". Randi used "Carlos" (the very same Jose Alvarez, his lover) to pose as a "spirit channeler" to see how many people would fall for the hoax. He then announced the hoax.

See, that's the difference between a false flag and an expose. A false flagger does not ever reveal themselves.

If hoaxing people is a false flag, then Donald Trump is one of the all time great false flaggers.
Thanks for admitting who you are.

He also help found CSICOP, which I believe is now known as CSI. This organization has ties to the Deep State, either the CIA or FBI, I forget which. Both Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson among other public scientist liaison are on the payroll of this CIA linked organization. In fact, there is a special forum on-line that is funded and run by this organization. . . of which I am sure you are a member.

Committee for Skeptical Inquiry - Wikipedia

Home | Skeptical Inquirer

Committee for the Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP)
'Committee for the Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP)
Quackbusters

[A professional debunker for the Elite, a pseudo-skeptic. Elite and Pharma (Homeopathy bashing a favourite) Thought police. Recently (2008) leading the Elite's attack on anti-vaccinators--the CDC is sending to all schools in USA. They send it to the district epidemiology office, whose job it is to send it to all schools (see). A covert arm of the Elite like all Quackbusters. If Randi is a psychic or has similar power then it would be easy for him to scupper anyone doing a dowsing demonstartion.]
randi.jpg

Are Some Skeptics Debunkers in Sheep’s Clothing? By Keith Rowell

TOXIC DISINFORMATION: Joel Carlinsky, CSICOPS & Orgonomy by Jim Martin

CIA Perception Management: The Committee for Skeptical Inquiry "Examines" Mind Control and the Cycle of Child Abuse By Alex Constantine

External
Dennis Lee, His Critics and the "Skeptics"

Beware Pseudo-Skepticism. . . . . "

Your bullshit disinformation is completely unreliable and biased. It is all misinformation, and you should not be trusted at all. All forum members should ignore you, or, alternatively, if they like your posts, should move over to the forum that supports your type of crap. . it is littered with disinformation, misinformation, and a general disdain for normal people. The International Skeptics, isn't that it?

FFqzk.jpg

I don't believe in a "deep state", but yes people like Sagan are just propagandists advertising consumer, corporate products like "cell phones" and "washing machines" under the lieu of "science", based on a myriad of dishonesty, misinformation, and logical fallacies - (such as erroneously attributing Bacon's development of the modern scientific method and its methodologies to the development of cell phones to begin with, when I'd think that their inventor should receive more credit than an ambiguous methodology, and the many superstitious and nonsensical views surrounding it). The main reasons to admire "science" as an institution or method to begin with shouldn't be "cell phones" or other consumer fatuities, something which, to some degree or another have always been a part of cultures and economics, and human innovation, regardless of the presence of Bacon's specific method to begin with (which one could easily make arguments for having harmed or hampered human potential and innovation more than or in addition to enabling it)..

Yes, I personally knew James Randi. I was a member of the James Randi Education Foundation for many years.

As for Australia, it is amusing you call that wonderful expose a "false flag". Randi used "Carlos" (the very same Jose Alvarez, his lover) to pose as a "spirit channeler" to see how many people would fall for the hoax. He then announced the hoax.

See, that's the difference between a false flag and an expose. A false flagger does not ever reveal themselves.

If hoaxing people is a false flag, then Donald Trump is one of the all time great false flaggers.
Thanks for admitting who you are.
You're quite welcome!

I am a skeptic. That should be more than obvious to everyone after all these years.

Yes, it is time I admit what I am.

I am a skeptic. I emit powerful anti-paranormal rays everywhere I go.

Dowsing rods fail around me. Psychics lose their ability to see the future. Mediums lose contact with the dead. Pyramids lose their power. Magic crystals are unable to heal. UFOs vaporize. Ghosts run away and hide. Homeopathic drugs turn into wax-coated placebos. Telekinetic masters are unable to move a hair on my head.

The real world and the real universe are far more fascinating than anything these lazy dumbass bloodsucking vultures can invent.

Last edited:
Yes, it is time I admit what I am.

I am a skeptic. I emit powerful anti-paranormal rays everywhere I go.

Dowsing rods fail around me. Psychics lose their ability to see the future. Mediums lose contact with the dead. Pyramids lose their power. Magic crystals are unable to heal. UFOs vaporize. Ghosts run away and hide. Homeopathic drugs turn into wax-coated placebos. Telekinetic masters are unable to move a hair on my head.

The real world and the real universe are far more fascinating that anything these lazy dumbass bloodsucking vultures can invent.

3j67jq.jpg

:auiqs.jpg:

Not all conspiracy theories are "absurd" (e.x. George Bush is an alien lizard in disguise), nor are they wrong - Watergate was a conspiracy theory, so are the theories about Trump colluding with Russia.

The way the term "conspiracy theory" is used in propaganda media, it's generally used derogatorily, I've even seen some uneducated idiots dishonestly conflate a "conspiracy theory" with a "scientific theory", and so on, even when they have nothing to do with one another at at all.

As an example, there are some "anti-vaccine" conspiracies, which claim there is a nefarious motive behind vaccines; the reality seems to be that these "extremist" claims aren't very believable, but that corporations which manufacture vaccines put out a lot of this propaganda regarding "anti-vaxxer" conspiracies due to manufacturer defects in vaccines which may have lead to health problems (over-the-top claims, such as vaccines were intentionally manufactured for nefarious reasons aren't believable, as opposed to claims in manufacturer defects having harmed people, and potentially meriting lawsuits).

(As typical, in this area, I've seen some idiots stupidly or dishonestly conflating "vaccines", or the medical industry with "science", as in the physical sciences such as physics, when the two aren't related at all).
Actually, it’s two words.

Conspiracy theories are nothing more than lies – devoid of facts and the truth; a bad-faith effort by those dishonest and corrupt to propagate lies and misinformation for some perceived partisan gain.

Not all conspiracy theories are "absurd" (e.x. George Bush is an alien lizard in disguise), nor are they wrong - Watergate was a conspiracy theory, so are the theories about Trump colluding with Russia.

The way the term "conspiracy theory" is used in propaganda media, it's generally used derogatorily, I've even seen some uneducated idiots dishonestly conflate a "conspiracy theory" with a "scientific theory", and so on, even when they have nothing to do with one another at at all.

As an example, there are some "anti-vaccine" conspiracies, which claim there is a nefarious motive behind vaccines; the reality seems to be that these "extremist" claims aren't very believable, but that corporations which manufacture vaccines put out a lot of this propaganda regarding "anti-vaxxer" conspiracies due to manufacturer defects in vaccines which may have lead to health problems (over-the-top claims, such as vaccines were intentionally manufactured for nefarious reasons aren't believable, as opposed to claims in manufacturer defects having harmed people, and potentially meriting lawsuits).

(As typical, in this area, I've seen some idiots stupidly or dishonestly conflating "vaccines", or the medical industry with "science", as in the physical sciences such as physics, when the two aren't related at all).
Actually, it’s two words.

Conspiracy theories are nothing more than lies – devoid of facts and the truth; a bad-faith effort by those dishonest and corrupt to propagate lies and misinformation for some perceived partisan gain.
What make conspiracy theories raise lies to a whole new level is the refusal of the adherents to admit they were hoaxed when confronted by evidence which refutes their beliefs. The very second you debunk one claim, they create ten more. That's why the skeptic has such an uphill battle. Any dumbass can invent a bogus claim off the top of their head (Trump has raised this to an art form). It takes effort to debunk those claims.

The profound persistence of the "desire to believe" is one of the most powerful human drives I have ever encountered. It's almost...paranormal. :D

You either failed to read the post, or are demonstrating a gross lack of basic comprehension.

A conspiracy theory is either true or false, on the basis of its merits (Watergate was a conspiracy which was proven true, The allegations of Trump colluding with Russia, or being involved with Jeffery Epstein are also conspiracy theories).

Saying that something is automatically false just because it's a "conspiracy" theory is absurd (e.x. this would mean that Watergate is false, even though Nixon himself admitted it and was impeached over it, just because it's a "conspiracy theory").

So no, your insipid response just proved my point - you just used "conspiracy theory" as a slang term for something "patently absurd or false", rather than what a conspiracy, or a theory about a conspiracy actually is.

[
What make conspiracy theories raise lies to a whole new level is the refusal of the adherents to admit they were hoaxed when confronted by evidence which refutes their beliefs. The very second you debunk one claim, they create ten more. That's why the skeptic has such an uphill battle. Any dumbass can invent a bogus claim off the top of their head (Trump has raised this to an art form). It takes effort to debunk those claims.

The profound persistence of the "desire to believe" is one of the most powerful human drives I have ever encountered. It's almost...paranormal. :D
Are you really this dumb?

Something being "proven false" has nothing to do with whether or not its about a "conspiracy".

The statement that "America fought Germany during the war of 1812" could be proven false, even though it has nothing to do with a "conspiracy". (America fought Britain in the war of 1812, for those who don't know).

Likewise, the assertion that "Richard Nixon hired employees to spy on his opponents during the Watergate scandal" is true, and it's also a conspiracy theory.

---

So, you and others are demonstrating basic logic so bad I think it would get you flunked out of grade school, honestly.

[

Something being "proven false" has nothing to do with whether or not its about a "conspiracy".

The statement that "America fought Germany during the war of 1812" could be proven false, even though it has nothing to do with a "conspiracy". (America fought Britain in the war of 1812, for those who don't know).

Likewise, the assertion that "Richard Nixon hired employees to spy on his opponents during the Watergate scandal" is true, and it's also a conspiracy theory.

---

So, you and others are demonstrating basic logic so bad I think it would get you flunked out of grade school, honestly.
Logical fallacies run rampant in conspiracy theories. But conspiracy theories are a mere subset of the many, many, many hoaxes in the world.

And it is a fact that the second you debunk a claim made by a conspiracy theorist, or any other subscriber to hoaxes, they immediately have another false claim right behind it.

Or, as is very common around here, they continue to persist in the debunked claim, ignoring the evidence.

The "desire to believe" manifests in a multitude of ways. A desire to believe 9/11 was perpetrated by "the Jews". A desire to believe in ghosts, or UFOs, or homeopathy, or psychics. A desire to believe Ted Cruz's dad killed Kennedy.

The list is almost endless.

[

---

Logical fallacies run rampant in conspiracy theories. But conspiracy theories are a mere subset of the many, many, many hoaxes in the world.

And it is a fact that the second you debunk a claim made by a conspiracy theorist, or any other subscriber to hoaxes, they immediately have another false claim right behind it.

Or, as is very common around here, they continue to persist in the debunked claim, ignoring the evidence.

The "desire to believe" manifests in a multitude of ways. A desire to believe 9/11 was perpetrated by "the Jews". A desire to believe in ghosts, or UFOs, or homeopathy, or psychics. A desire to believe Ted Cruz's dad killed Kennedy.

The list is almost endless.
A bunch of non-sequiturs.

Watergate was a conspiracy theory, it was true.

You're conflating a conspiracy theory with a "hoax" or something "too absurd to be believed" - there are hoaxes which have nothing to do with "conspiracies", just as there are conspiracies like Watergate, which weren't hoaxes.

"Ghosts, psychics and UFOs" have nothing to do with "conspiracies". I know vary little about "paranormal" research or UFO research, nor do I really care.

"Homeopathy" likewise has nothing to do with conspiracies, it's a form of alternative medicine which is usually considered sketchy, beyond that I know little about it, and don't care much.

So you proved my point and demonstrated unsound logic - you just used "conspiracy theory" as a slang term for anything which you believe is "patently absurd" or appeared in a 90s episode of the "X files", and conflated a bunch of unrelated things, even though they have nothing to do with conspiracies.

Replace ‘Conspiracy Theory’ with ‘Remember Iraq’
Replace 'Conspiracy Theory' with 'Remember Iraq'

". . . And, I mean, of course it is. How weird is it that we don’t use that word to describe what the architects of that war did? Conspiracy is defined as “a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.” From the secret plan between the NSA and GCHQ to spy on and blackmail UN members into supporting the illegal invasion which is the subject of “Official Secrets,” to the mountain of other schemes and manipulations used by other government bodies to deceive the world about Iraq, it’s absolutely insane that that word is never used to describe the conspiracy within the Bush and Blair governments to manufacture the case for war.

The engineering of the Iraq war was a conspiracy, per any conceivable definition. So why isn’t that word reflexively used by everyone who talks about it?

Easy. Because we haven’t been trained to.

The use of the word “conspiracy” is studiously avoided by the narrative managers of the political/media class who are tasked with teaching us how to think about our world, except when it is to be employed for its intended and authorized use: smearing skeptics of establishment narratives. The pejorative “conspiracy theory” has been such a useful weapon in inoculating the herd from dissident wrongthink that the propagandists do everything they can to avoid tainting their brand, even if it means refraining from using words for the things that they refer to.

This is why the word “collusion” was continuously and uniformly used throughout the entire Russiagate saga, for example. It was a narrative about a secret conspiracy between the highest levels of the U.S. and Russian governments to subvert the interests of the American people, yet the word “conspiracy” was meticulously replaced with “collusion” by everyone peddling that story.. . . ."

<snip>

". . . Narrative managers use the “conspiracy theorist” pejorative to shove skepticism of establishment narratives into the margins of political discourse, far away where it can’t contaminate the mainstream herd. Whenever you see a dissenting interpretation of events getting too close to mainstream circles — as with Blumenthal appearing on a Rolling Stone podcast, Tulsi Gabbard saying on national television that the U.S. government has armed terrorists, or Tucker Carlson interviewing Jonathan Steele about the OPCW leaks — you see an intense campaign of shrieking outrage and public shaming geared at shoving those dissident narratives as far into the fringe as possible by branding them “conspiracy theories.”

My suggestion then is this: whenever you see the label “conspiracy theorist” being applied to anyone who questions an establishment narrative about Syria, Russia, Iran or wherever, just mentally swap it out for the term “Iraq rememberer.” When you see anyone shouting about “conspiracy theories,” mentally replace it with “Iraq remembering.” It makes it much easier to see what’s really going on: “Oh those damn Iraq rememberers! Why can’t they just trust their media and government about what’s happening in Syria instead of indulging in Iraq remembering?”

Forum List

Back