Why is "conspiracy theory" considered a dirty word?

My favorite example of just how mentally defective conspiracy theorists are is the one where they believe that SEVERAL THOUSAND MILITARY EXPERTS mistook a missile hitting their building for a Boeing 757.

That one is priceless. :lol:

For example, Lyin' Ted's dad possibly killing JFK is a legitimate story. Stories that have been thoroughly and publicly debunked countless times but still get the base riled up, also legitimate.

I followed that story carefully. They only implied Daddy Cruz helped Oswald in some way --- what they had was a photo of him and Oswald and some others giving out pro-Cuba flyers, I think in Miami. And I have to say, yeah, it did look like a comparison photo of Daddy Cruz. Note that Cruz never, never said it wasn't true: he mocked it, but never denied it.

Probably because his dad DID know Oswald!

If Cruz was part of that interesting conspiracy, we'd know it by now. So I don't think so.
My god in heaven. And these people vote.
One of them is the current President of the United States. He's also a birther and often subscribes to other whackjob stories.
That's a non-sequitur - I'm not familiar with the birther arguments (e.x. Obama's birth certificate was forged), but it's apparent from your post has no regards for the legitimacy of claims, and that it's simply regurgitation of propaganda from a progressive perspective.

(If the birth certificate claims were about Trump, then even if absurd, they wouldn't be immediately dismissed as "wackjob", much like the claims about Russian collusion, involved in Esptein's sex ring, and so forth).

Another example are the global warming alarmist conspiracy theories which allege that "corporations" or "capitalism" is behind opposition to alarmism.

Not all conspiracy theories are "absurd" (e.x. George Bush is an alien lizard in disguise), nor are they wrong - Watergate was a conspiracy theory, so are the theories about Trump colluding with Russia.

The way the term "conspiracy theory" is used in propaganda media, it's generally used derogatorily, I've even seen some uneducated idiots dishonestly conflate a "conspiracy theory" with a "scientific theory", and so on, even when they have nothing to do with one another at at all.

As an example, there are some "anti-vaccine" conspiracies, which claim there is a nefarious motive behind vaccines; the reality seems to be that these "extremist" claims aren't very believable, but that corporations which manufacture vaccines put out a lot of this propaganda regarding "anti-vaxxer" conspiracies due to manufacturer defects in vaccines which may have lead to health problems (over-the-top claims, such as vaccines were intentionally manufactured for nefarious reasons aren't believable, as opposed to claims in manufacturer defects having harmed people, and potentially meriting lawsuits).

(As typical, in this area, I've seen some idiots stupidly or dishonestly conflating "vaccines", or the medical industry with "science", as in the physical sciences such as physics, when the two aren't related at all).

there is so much stupid in your comment I dont know where to start,,,
None at all, propaganda is propaganda.

"Conspiracy theory" is being used as a term of dismissing ideas solely for being "conspiracy theories", when there's nothing wrong with that if the conspiracy theory is true, or it's grounded on sound principles.

For example, Lyin' Ted's dad possibly killing JFK is a legitimate story. Stories that have been thoroughly and publicly debunked countless times but still get the base riled up, also legitimate.

I followed that story carefully. They only implied Daddy Cruz helped Oswald in some way --- what they had was a photo of him and Oswald and some others giving out pro-Cuba flyers, I think in Miami. And I have to say, yeah, it did look like a comparison photo of Daddy Cruz. Note that Cruz never, never said it wasn't true: he mocked it, but never denied it.

If Cruz was part of that interesting conspiracy, we'd know it by now. So I don't think so.
One of them is the current President of the United States. He's also a birther and often subscribes to other whackjob stories.
That's a non-sequitur - I'm not familiar with the birther arguments (e.x. Obama's birth certificate was forged), but it's apparent from your post has no regards for the legitimacy of claims, and that it's simply regurgitation of propaganda from a progressive perspective.

(If the birth certificate claims were about Trump, then even if absurd, they wouldn't be immediately dismissed as "wackjob", much like the claims about Russian collusion, involved in Esptein's sex ring, and so forth).
I dismissed all of those whackjob theories out of hand. Because I am not mentally defective.

Trump is a birther. He persisted in his stupidity for YEARS. He's an idiot. A dumbass credulous moron.

That's not a theory, that's a fact.

Trump is known the world over as a credulous dumbass, and that makes him putty in the hands of people like Putin, MBS, and Kim.

I dismissed all of those whackjob theories out of hand. Because I am not mentally defective.

Trump is a birther. He persisted in his stupidity for YEARS. He's an idiot. A dumbass credulous moron.

That's not a theory, that's a fact.
Moron's an opinion, not a "fact", you clearly don't know the difference.

"Birther's" just a buzzword, if the birther claims were true, then being a birther would be a positive thing.

No difference that I see in birther allegations than in Epstein / Russia allegations - the determining factor would be whether or not the allegations are solid or not, not merely that they're both "conspiracies".

"conspiracy theory" is associated with the political right because it's the left-biased media who decides what is a legitimate story and what is a baseless conspiracy.

White replacement is cited as an "alt right conspiracy theory" by the guardians of truth in our media even though it is literally happening.
If a white man has sex with a Hispanic woman and they have a child, was it because of a vast conspiracy to replace him with the child, snowflake?

White people fed on a diet of materialism aren't having babies thats why the elites are importing 1 million+ immigrants a year.
Oh white people have things so good that they're doing whatever they want instead of having kids. VAST CONSPIRACY

Population replacement is an objective fact, not a theory. Whether or not it's a conspiracy depends on if you think its an intentional act to reduce the white population and gain loyal democrat voters or if it's just a byproduct of international capitalism. I think its both.

My favorite example of just how mentally defective conspiracy theorists are is the one where they believe that SEVERAL THOUSAND MILITARY EXPERTS mistook a missile hitting their building for a Boeing 757.

That one is priceless. :lol:
Non sequitur, that's just an argument from authority fallacy.

I've never cared about the 9/11 conspiracy theories enough to read up on them.

Trump is known the world over as a credulous dumbass, and that makes him putty in the hands of people like Putin, MBS, and Kim.
That's a conspiracy theory, you just asserted that Trump is somehow colluding with Russia and North Korea.

Case in point.

Sometimes conspiracy theories are important mainly for their symbolism. I loved the birther stuff. I didn't think there was anything to it, but it was clear people were saying, Obama isn't legitimate, he's not one of us, he doesn't belong here, it's a disreputable origin (which it sure was!!). The importance was not the factual basis but the connotations.

Not all conspiracy theories are "absurd" (e.x. George Bush is an alien lizard in disguise), nor are they wrong - Watergate was a conspiracy theory, so are the theories about Trump colluding with Russia.

The way the term "conspiracy theory" is used in propaganda media, it's generally used derogatorily, I've even seen some uneducated idiots dishonestly conflate a "conspiracy theory" with a "scientific theory", and so on, even when they have nothing to do with one another at at all.

As an example, there are some "anti-vaccine" conspiracies, which claim there is a nefarious motive behind vaccines; the reality seems to be that these "extremist" claims aren't very believable, but that corporations which manufacture vaccines put out a lot of this propaganda regarding "anti-vaxxer" conspiracies due to manufacturer defects in vaccines which may have lead to health problems (over-the-top claims, such as vaccines were intentionally manufactured for nefarious reasons aren't believable, as opposed to claims in manufacturer defects having harmed people, and potentially meriting lawsuits).

(As typical, in this area, I've seen some idiots stupidly or dishonestly conflating "vaccines", or the medical industry with "science", as in the physical sciences such as physics, when the two aren't related at all).

"Conspiracy theory" is being used as a term of dismissing ideas solely for being "conspiracy theories", when there's nothing wrong with that if the conspiracy theory is true, or it's grounded on sound principles.

if a conspiracy theory is proven true then its a conspiracy fact and no longer a theory,,,

words do have meanings,,,

The nefarious motive isn't the intrusive medical procedures like vaccinations themselves. It shouldn't be anyway.

It's being forced at the barrel of a government gun to undergo those intrusive medical procedures that's nefarious. And there are a large portion of the electorate on both theoretical sides of the party of one who are keen to give the federal government these new powers to force the electorate to undergo these intrusive medical procedures. There's nothing fake about that movement.

The funny thing is they're complaining about government run healthcare in one thread, then complaining about the federal government not having those new powers to force these intrusive medical procedures onto people in another thread. As if the federal government is going to limit itself to just to that one thing once they get their new powers. Pfffft. They'll be deciding every medical decision in our lives. Please.

But anyway. Conspiracy shouldn't be a bad word. Sitting down and discussing legislation, for instance, is conspiring.

"conspiracy theory" is associated with the political right because it's the left-biased media who decides what is a legitimate story and what is a baseless conspiracy.
Most people don't know what "debunked" means, or how arguments "for or against this or that" actually work in theory or practice.

"Debunked" simply means, in practice, that a person made an argument against something on the basis of this or that evidence or so on, not that the argument was "valid", that there's any imperative to accept it as "valid", or that counter-arguments which are stronger couldn't or "shouldn't" be made against the prior debunkation, when in theory they can.

If this is simply a simple argument from authority fallacy, in which the source of the alleged "denunciation" is presumed to be "credible" or not, on the basis of circular logic, then it truly amazes me how misinformed the average media voyeur is about the bare basics of logic, thinking, reasoning and so on.

As an example, Snopes is just a website which makes arguments against stories it deems uncredible; it's up-front in that it backs up its conclusions with evidence or facts, however the average idiot will assume that just because snopes "said so", then it means it's "true", not taking into account other admitted evidence, arguments, or counter arguments which could easily be made against Snopes claim'.

Or another example is the "Southern Poverty Law Center", which designates groups as "hate groups" - it's just a privately owned website, unaffiliated with law or government whose opinions have no more legal validity than anyone else's - most people probably just see "Law" in the name of the website and assume it's a "legal" organization or affiliated with government, without even doing basic research or facts acquisitions. Sad if you ask me.

Perhaps another example is when people use the word "fact" or "facts" without even knowing what it means - a "fact" is just a piece of information, of which virtually infinite exist - a fact "in a vacuum" is meaningless, but in reality it can be used to argue for or against a certain conclusion, much as evidence in courts of law is.

So when people assert that "such and such a thing is fact", what they should be saying is that "such and such a thing is true, on the basis of certain facts which they're using to support that argument or assertion". (And in practice, people don't usually even do this much, such as stating that "Donald Trump is a moron" is a "fact", when it's an opinion, no matter how strongly one believes it).

It's being forced at the barrel of a government gun to undergo those intrusive medical procedures that's nefarious. And there are a large portion of the electorate on both theoretical sides of the party of one who are keen to give the federal government these new powers to force the electorate to undergo these intrusive medical procedures. There's nothing fake about that movement.

The funny thing is they're complaining about government run healthcare in one thread, then complaining about the federal government not having those new powers to force these intrusive medical procedures onto people in another thread. As if the federal government is going to limit itself to just to that one thing once they get their new powers. Pfffft. They'll be deciding every medical decision in our lives. Please.

Right. Well said. These vaccine fascists are causing me to rebel against vaccination for the first time in my life. It's the lightbulb controversy all over again: these leftist elites just can't STAND the idea of people being free to decide for themselves, so they provoke rebellion.

if a conspiracy theory is proven true then its a conspiracy fact and no longer a theory,,,

words do have meanings,,,
No, it's not a "conspiracy fact". You again don't know what "facts" are.

Facts are pieces of information or data, by themselves they are meaningless, they can be used in favor of or against a certain conclusion.

As far as proven true or not, it will ultimately usually just boil down to such-and such a person arguing it is "true or false" on the basis of some information, or arguing from the authority of a certain source of information which they happen to like, again and again via circular logic.

Right. Well said. These vaccine fascists are causing me to rebel against vaccination for the first time in my life. It's the lightbulb controversy all over again: these leftist elites just can't STAND the idea of people being free to decide for themselves, so they provoke rebellion.
The reality in regards to vaccines seems to be that vaccine manufacturers and corporation may have caused problems in their products leading to potential lawsuits, and are putting out propaganda in regards to "anti-vaxxer conspiracy theories" as a response.

Honestly, why someone would be emotionally invested in vaccines one way or another, I have no idea - I honestly suspect that some people are either just trolling or bored if arguing about something as insignificant as "vaccines", especially when they're not a doctor or affiliated with the medical or vaccine manufacturing industries in anyway.

(I've even seem some uneducated individuals equate the medical industry with "science", when medicine is not a "science" in the sense that natural sciences are, some people must just be very content to be misinformed and argue about the most infantile things imaginable).

Perhaps another example is when people use the word "fact" or "facts" without even knowing what it means - a "fact" is just a piece of information, of which virtually infinite exist - a fact "in a vacuum" is meaningless, but in reality it can be used to argue for or against a certain conclusion, much as evidence in courts of law is.

So when people assert that "such and such a thing is fact", what they should be saying is that "such and such a thing is true, on the basis of certain facts which they're using to support that argument or assertion". (And in practice, people don't usually even do this much, such as stating that "Donald Trump is a moron" is a "fact", when it's an opinion, no matter how strongly one believes it).

Yes. I think a "fact" is just an opinion that someone very much wants to persuade other people is "true." There are no facts; there is no truth. There is only opinion. It is impossible to convince people on the basis of "facts" they don't believe in.

Another example are the global warming alarmist conspiracy theories which allege that "corporations" or "capitalism" is behind opposition to alarmism.

How about the one where Progressive Scientist claimed that smoking cigarettes cause lung disease and that big Tobacco company were secretly adding addictive chemicals and suppressing the evidence.

Damn Liburals.

Forum List

Back