Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
A- Cost prohibitive
B- Won't work
C- It's racist
D- It would reduce those successfully crossing the border
E- None of the Above

The machine benefits by not having a wall. Business (Republicans) get their cheap labor and (Democrats) get the votes

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours

There is no excuse for the Republicans not funding the wall.

-Geaux

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus (November 2, 1883)
A bronze plaque with the words of the poem "The New Colossus" raised on it. The 1903 bronze plaque located in the Statue of Liberty's museum.

NPS

It’s a waste of money . If the goal is to address illegal immigration, then that money is better spent in other ways .

More ins agents , more immigrantion courts , more judges . More enforcement vs companies who hire illegals . That’s a better use if the money .

A&B mostly. Most illegal immigration does not come over the border by foot. And if we’re 21T in debt, a quarter T on building a wall is not a good investment.

So as an immigration barrier, it’s a bad idea; also in the stark light of the reality that illegal immigration has been largely beneficial to the economy despite the horror stories and cherry picked anecdotes.

That being said, it seems to me that a fantastic idea would be to create an alternative to the Panama canal from San Diego to Brownsville TX or so that allows goods to bypass the trip through Central America and can possibly bring irrigation to the desert Southwest. Not right along the border but something like that would serve multiple purposes;

Jobs during the construction
Immigration barrier to those that do cross illegally
Irrigation
Commerce
National Security.

All a pipe dream.
It would be a multi decade project of course and We don’t do big things any longer.

Space Force!

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus (November 2, 1883)
A bronze plaque with the words of the poem "The New Colossus" raised on it. The 1903 bronze plaque located in the Statue of Liberty's museum.

NPS
So I take it you feel this is still valid. Just like our Constitution

-Geaux

It’s a waste of money . If the goal is to address illegal immigration, then that money is better spent in other ways .

More ins agents , more immigrantion courts , more judges . More enforcement vs companies who hire illegals . That’s a better use if the money .
Why Timmy, why is it a better use of funds?

-Geaux

None of the things you listed prohibits someone from walking into OUR NATION. You know what does? A WALL

A&B mostly. Most illegal immigration does not come over the border by foot. And if we’re 21T in debt, a quarter T on building a wall is not a good investment.

So as an immigration barrier, it’s a bad idea; also in the stark light of the reality that illegal immigration has been largely beneficial to the economy despite the horror stories and cherry picked anecdotes.

That being said, it seems to me that a fantastic idea would be to create an alternative to the Panama canal from San Diego to Brownsville TX or so that allows goods to bypass the trip through Central America and can possibly bring irrigation to the desert Southwest. Not right along the border but something like that would serve multiple purposes;

Irrigation
Commerce
National Security.

All a pipe dream.
It would be a multi decade project of course and We don’t do big things any longer.

Space Force!
Thanks- I don't know if you saw my post this morning about the negative impacts of illegal immigration for the Black community in LA suburbs like Watts, Compton, Florence etc,

-Geaux

What is so silly is the reich totally ignores the largest immigration problem is expired visa's. There are more of them than people crossing without permission or documentation.

Moron leftists say a wall wont stop them all. There is truth in that BUT just ask them this...

If you had to play Russian Roulette would you rather have 1 bullet in the revolver or 5?

Last edited:

None of the things you listed prohibits someone from walking into OUR NATION. You know what does? A WALL

No it doesn’t . Where You find a 10 foot wall, you’ll find a 12 foot ladder that beats it.

If we were talking 20 miles . Fine . We are talking 1,400 miles!!!

No it doesn’t . Where You find a 10 foot wall, you’ll find a 12 foot ladder that beats it.

It's not a perfect solution but unarguably it would reduce crossings

-Geaux

Last edited:
What is so silly is the reich totally ignores the largest immigration problem is expired visa's. There are more of them than people crossing without permission or documentation.

40%. Of illegals came in legally and overstay. Wall does nothing for that .

10 ft is not a wall.
And there are things you can top the wall with to make it even more difficult. If those devices get altered you repair them. Inspect the wall daily vs playing catch and release daily.

The logical choice is fucking obvious

Irrigation
Commerce
National Security.

All a pipe dream.

Space Force!
Thanks- I don't know if you saw my post this morning about the negative impacts of illegal immigration for the Black community in LA suburbs like Watts, Compton, Florence etc,

-Geaux
Watts is getting ready for its annual riots!
Crime is down compared to 1964, I think that was the year of the riots.

A- Cost prohibitive
B- Won't work
C- It's racist
E- None of the Above

The machine benefits by not having a wall. Business (Republicans) get their cheap labor and (Democrats) get the votes

-Geaux

Because democrats were forced to surrender their slaves after the Civil War, and their attempt to keep Blacks from voting didn't work because the Republicans kept passing Civil Rights legislation.....and now, Blacks are not happy with democrats, so the democrats want a new slave class from Mexico..........

A- Cost prohibitive
B- Won't work
C- It's racist
E- None of the Above

-Geaux
How's Mexico's payment schedule coming along? Remember? We're not paying for the Wall, Mexico is.

It's not a perfect solution but unarguably is would reduce crossings

-Geaux

But at what cost ?? You know the “wall” plan includes drones and all kinds of high tech sensors , roving border guards . It’s not just some one time cost and you are done .

If I were an illegal, I’d just save some money, fly to Vancouver and walk across the border up there. Better weather….and you don’t risk stepping in that turd known as Texas

Forum List

Back