Why I Keep Teaching

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
While the "I haven't set foot in a school since I dropped out at 15, but I know for sure what goes on in every school in the world because the internet said I do!" pollutes the education forum to the largest degree, lately the insipid "too hard! me scared! everyone quit!" bitches have made a run for the most posts in the education forum.

I keep teaching because it's not about me, it's about the students. ALL the students.

I keep teaching because the future is coming whether we like it or not.

I keep teaching because I love my country.

I keep teaching because a life of service is infinitely more important than "whew, now I can focus on being a lazy, selfish child like I've always wanted to!"

Teach them how to stop a toilet from overflowing, then I won't have to teach every post-graduate student that rents from me how to do it.

P.S. Also teach them how to,

Close doors and turn off lights in common areas.
Change a lightbulb.
Operate a window shade.
Read building rules notifications.
Not misplace their lease within twenty minutes of moving in.
Flatten shipping boxes.
Keep apartment clean.
Not overload washers and dryers.
Wash food containers before putting them into recycle carts.
Know the difference between recyclables and trash.
Take their bikes, and property from their storage lockers, with them when they leave.
Instruct their friends that they can't use the visitors parking lot if they are not visiting.

And, that they are not allowed to move their boyfriend or girlfriend in with them in violation of the lease agreement.

Thanks.

Last edited:
While the "I haven't set foot in a school since I dropped out at 15, but I know for sure what goes on in every school in the world because the internet said I do!" pollutes the education forum to the largest degree, lately the insipid "too hard! me scared! everyone quit!" bitches have made a run for the most posts in the education forum.

I keep teaching because it's not about me, it's about the students. ALL the students.

I keep teaching because the future is coming whether we like it or not.

I keep teaching because I love my country.

I keep teaching because a life of service is infinitely more important than "whew, now I can focus on being a lazy, selfish child like I've always wanted to!"
You never told us you played the harp and have a top qualification in Virtue Signalling .

Probably a homeless scammer .

You never told us you played the harp and have a top qualification in Virtue Signalling .

Probably a homeless scammer .
This thread was in response to a contrary thread.

Teach them how to stop a toilet from overflowing, then I won't have to teach every post-graduate student that rents from me how to do it.

Change a lightbulb.
Operate a window shade.
Flatten shipping boxes.
Keep apartment clean.
Take their bikes, and property from their storage lockers, with them when they leave.
Instruct their friends that they can't use the visitors parking lot if they are not visiting.

And, that they are not allowed to move their boyfriend or girlfriend in with them in violation of the lease agreement.

Thanks.
That's a little specific. I think I'll stick to English and History.

That's a little specific. I think I'll stick to English and History.
I wish someone would teach them this stuff. :(

One more.

They need to learn how to clean up their coffee and soda spills in the hallways.

I wish someone would teach them this stuff. :(

One more.

They need to learn how to clean up their coffee and soda spills in the hallways.

What are schools for?

What do my fellow conservatives want?

Do you WANT us to parent children--YOUR children--or "stick to the basics"?

Pick a lane

Many people are familiar with the "ah-ha!" moment in teaching and why it's so rewarding (reward does NOT always equal $$$), but there are other moments that make the long hours, low pay, and frequent frustrations worth it.

Many people are familiar with the "ah-ha!" moment in teaching and why it's so rewarding (reward does NOT always equal $$$), but there are other moments that make the long hours, low pay, and frequent frustrations worth it.
Summer vacation, great health insurance and a union protecting incompetent teachers.

Change a lightbulb.
Operate a window shade.
Flatten shipping boxes.
Keep apartment clean.
Mr. Landlord.
I was a landlord once, my rental house, certainly different than an apartment complex

But, these are conversations that you, the landlord, needs to have with the tenet.
Kids are taught how to walk in the hallways.
Kids are taught to clean up their own lunch and snacks.
What more would you like the schools to teach?
If you were a dentist, would you blame poor hygiene on the schools too?

One is when a student who was in your class one or two years ago comes back after school for extra help with unrelated classes or even just to chat. Sometimes students have problems they need to talk about with someone they trust, and then things get more serious.

In the case of my students, it is sometimes because they want to explain why they were shot multiple times.

Summer vacation, great health insurance and a union protecting incompetent teachers.
Summer vacation.....Sure, kids need time off. Parents make plans for vacation. Part of the Contract.
great health insurance ...... How is a teachers insurance plan different than most other employers plans? You know who has the BEST insurance plan.......The Military....and it's well deserved, no complaints from me......and Congress......total bullshit that they vote the plan in for themselves, and then have insurance for life. Military and Congress have FAR better Insurance plans than ANY teacher does.
and a union protecting incompetent teachers...... Incompetent teachers get fired. Teachers committing crimes get fired.

Kids are taught how to walk in the hallways.
Kids are taught to clean up their own lunch and snacks.
The problem is with big kids, not the little ones.
What more would you like the schools to teach?
More socialization and personal responsibility.
If you were a dentist, would you blame poor hygiene on the schools too?
Absolutely. A lot of poor dental hygiene and tooth decay takes place during school hours. Remember that teachers are surrogate parents while children are in their custody, especially younger children.

What is tragic is that teachers often see kids that suffer from inattention and lack of affection at home, but they are constrained from addressing it in any meaningful way. This is the greatest failure of our educational system.

Last edited:
What is tragic is that teachers often see kids that suffer from inattention and lack of affection at home, but they are constrained from addressing it in any meaningful way. This is the greatest failure of our educational system.
You just made that ^^^^ up.
Total BS LIE.
You've spent how much time in the classroom.......I know it is ZERO.....but you read about it on the internet.

Forum List

Back