Why I Keep Teaching

You just made that ^^^^ up.
Total BS LIE.
You've spent how much time in the classroom.......I know it is ZERO.....but you read about it on the internet.
Can you disprove what I've said?

I spent 13 years in the classroom. My opinions are gleaned from experience, observation, and common sense (the internet is also a valuable learning tool).

What is tragic is that teachers often see kids that suffer from inattention and lack of affection at home, but they are constrained from addressing it in any meaningful way. This is the greatest failure of our educational system.
So when a student arrives to school in the AM, hungry because they didn't eat at home........so then the school gives them a free breakfast in the cafeteria before class, you don't consider that "Addressing it in any meaningful way"

I spent 13 years in the classroom. My opinions are gleaned from experience, observation, and common sense (the internet is also a valuable learning tool).
You being a student for 13 years makes you an expert on teachers, administrators and students needs? LOLOLLOLOLL

NOPE. Nice try though.

You being a student for 13 years makes you an expert on teachers, administrators and students needs? LOLOLLOLOLL

NOPE. Nice try though.
I'm talking about the students' needs not teachers or administrator's needs (it's generally too late to help them).

So when a student arrives to school in the AM, hungry because they didn't eat at home........so then the school gives them a free breakfast in the cafeteria before class, you don't consider that "Addressing it in any meaningful way"

I'm talking about the students' needs not teachers or administrator's needs (it's generally too late to help them).
So answer the question above, the one about students needs (Hunger).

So answer the question above, the one about students needs (Hunger).
First tell me why the kids that have plenty of food at home (or should have) are also fed.

Last edited:
First tell me why the kids that have plenty of food at home are also fed?
Goalposts are moving.

During COVID, yes, not before and not after.
They have to apply for free and reduced meals.
See, you not working or volunteering in a school means you just don't know or understand.

Now answer the question.

Fi
Goalposts are moving.

During COVID, yes, not before and not after.
They have to apply for free and reduced meals.
See, you not working or volunteering in a school means you just don't know or understand.

Now answer the question.
Of course, feeding them fulfills that need. What about the other needs that teachers become aware of?

Of course, the overarching question is, what is the purpose of compulsory "cookie cutter" education?

Last edited:
Fi

Of course, feeding them fulfills that need. What about the other needs that teachers become aware of?
Do I have to make a list for you?
Is that what need?
If I don't make you aware of it, then it's not a problem?

I can't help you if you are just gonna throw out bait.

Do I have to make a list for you?
Is that what need?
If I don't make you aware of it, then it's not a problem?

I can't help you if you are just gonna throw out bait.
Just list a few things for me to consider.

Chew on this. I (we) had the same guidance counselor all through six years of high school. We each were sent to his office once each year where he 'interrogated' us. Nobody liked him, and thought he was weird. How is that helpful?

Last edited:
Just list a few things for me to consider.
Nope, you're trolling.
It's an easy search.
Unknown.jpeg

Not trolling, just want your input.

I searched and found this. It seems that the educational system needs to reinvent itself, which is my point. However, the ideas in the article contain the seeds of yet more failure. How sad. :(

Everything is a failure to you, unless trump says otherwise.
That is the sad part.
You have spent ZERO hours in a School, outside of your 13 years.

You read an article, and think, ya, that's the ticket.
I have read 100's of books on education, and many Liberal ideas and/or Conservative ideas are perfect in Utopia. We Don't Live in Utopia.

Your article mentions "Inclusion"
Did you read that part, because that part goes against everything the right wing cult members has been told.

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 8.53.57 PM.png

While the "I haven't set foot in a school since I dropped out at 15, but I know for sure what goes on in every school in the world because the internet said I do!" pollutes the education forum to the largest degree, lately the insipid "too hard! me scared! everyone quit!" bitches have made a run for the most posts in the education forum.

I keep teaching because it's not about me, it's about the students. ALL the students.

I keep teaching because the future is coming whether we like it or not.

I keep teaching because I love my country.

I keep teaching because a life of service is infinitely more important than "whew, now I can focus on being a lazy, selfish child like I've always wanted to!"

Thank you for your efforts.

Everything is a failure to you, unless trump says otherwise.
That is the sad part.
You have spent ZERO hours in a School, outside of your 13 years.

You read an article, and think, ya, that's the ticket.
I have read 100's of books on education, and many Liberal ideas and/or Conservative ideas are perfect in Utopia. We Don't Live in Utopia.

Your article mentions "Inclusion"
Did you read that part, because that part goes against everything the right wing cult members has been told.

View attachment 850097
I read every word very carefully. The article is an indictment of the whole educational system, written by someone who has the credentials to do so.

Look, I understand that you have to defend the organization that you are a part of. I would too if I were in your shoes.

"Inclusion" is one of the seeds of failure. Why force people that don't get along to be together? Each group should have the right to their own school and their own associations, then they can concentrate on learning instead of their grievances. That's what special schools are for, to provide for the special needs of kids.

Last edited:
I visited my son's school once. It was a madhouse. I couldn't believe it.
Sure, I believe you. LOOLLOLLLL
I'm sure your son was the ideal citizen in class, and it was all the other kids causing this madhouse.

Sure, I believe you. LOOLLOLLLL
I'm sure your son was the ideal citizen in class, and it was all the other kids causing this madhouse.
My son was part of it. He ran right past me in the hall, eyes glazed and as hyper as all the other kids. That may be normal to you, but not to me.

While the "I haven't set foot in a school since I dropped out at 15, but I know for sure what goes on in every school in the world because the internet said I do!" pollutes the education forum to the largest degree, lately the insipid "too hard! me scared! everyone quit!" bitches have made a run for the most posts in the education forum.

I keep teaching because it's not about me, it's about the students. ALL the students.

I keep teaching because the future is coming whether we like it or not.

I keep teaching because I love my country.

I keep teaching because a life of service is infinitely more important than "whew, now I can focus on being a lazy, selfish child like I've always wanted to!"
Yeah, they say if you enjoy your work, you'll never really work a day in your life.

My son was part of it. He ran right past me in the hall, eyes glazed and as hyper as all the other kids. That may be normal to you, but not to me.
Is your son 3 years old?

I got a very smart, very loving and social grandson that is 3.
I could see him acting crazy like that.

I taught the last 17 years in a Middle School, you know, Grades 6-8.
Never saw Crazy like you describe.
This MS had 550 students.
Passing times were NOT chaos.

Forum List

Back