Why GWB will be one of the greatest Presidents in MY LIFETIME...

GWB, Bill Clinton, Biden, Daschle, Berger, Levin, Pelosi, Albright, Graham, Gore, Byrd, Kerry, Rockefeller, Waxman, Hillary
You missed getting a quote from McCain, Kristol, Krauthammer, and Wolfowitz and you could have had all of the imperial knghts of the perpetual warfare round table.

I was waiting for<snip>u are!!!

Drooling hysterics aside, locating anybody who defends Saddam, or any other butchering tyrant, is going to be a long fruitless search.
Wasting blood and treasure where there is no compelling national interest only replaced the tyrant with never ending sectarian violence.

"Between 1999 and 2001, the U.S. and British-led air forces in Iraq dropped 1.3 million pounds of bombs in response to purported violations of the no-fly zones and anti-aircraft fire from Saddam Hussein.

A sweeping attack, conducted in January of 1999, rained down 25 missiles on Iraqi soil, killing civilians. Clinton said the attack was in response to four planes violating the no-fly zones.

Clinton and British Prime Minister Tony Blair authorized air strikes on more than 100 days in 1999, sometimes several times per day. The bombings were ostensibly in response to Husseins refusal to allow UN weapons inspectors into the country, though critics alleged the move was aimed at deflecting attention from impeachment.
The Raw Story | Clinton bombing of Iraq far exceeded Bush's in run-up to war; Bush 'spikes of activity' questioned

BUT YOU don't believe the above people's comments much less the FACT Clinton bombed the hell out of Saddam and it did no good!

Fact, Clinton bombed the hell out of civilians and it did no good, the regime was just as strong as ever.

Are you saying Bush, who did absolutely nothing to prevent a looming attack, bears no responsibilty in the massive failure to protect America that day?

How could the CIA tell the FBI about the bombers IF the Gorelick Memo created the WALL to prevent CIA sharing info with FBI??
Jamie Gorelick’s wall barred anti-terror investigators from accessing the computer of Zacarias Moussaoui, the 20th hijacker, already in custody on an immigration violation shortly before 9/11.
At the time, an enraged FBI investigator wrote a prophetic memo to headquarters about the wall
‘Whatever has happened to this — someday someone will die — and wall or not — the public will not understand why we were not more effective in throwing every resource we had at certain problems…..especially since the biggest threat to us UBL [Usama bin Laden], is getting the most protection.
Breitbart News: Big Government

By the way.. in just 25 words YOU couldn't spell correctly...EVEN with the help of the little dotted red line UNDER "responsibility" !

Who in the hell then are YOU to criticize Bush if you can't even when TOLD by spell check you have a misspelling and you still ignore it???
GEEZ this the reason we have illiterate people in this country...LAZY totally ignorant about something as simple as reading what you wrote!
And yet, despite the Gorelick wall, the FBI still managed to get a memo to Bush, warning him of potential highjackings around the northeast.

What did Bush do about those warnings? Oh yeah, that's right .... absolutely nothing. Well, Attorney General John Ashcroft certainly got the warning -- he stopped flying commercially sometime in the summer of 2001.

As far as my typo ... this is yet another great example of how foolish you are. Just because your editor highlights spelling mistakes doesn't mean everyones' does. Depending on the device I'm posting from, I may or may not have that handy feature. Sometimes I just wing it. But then, content takes priority over appearance to me. Therefore, I could probably benefit from a good secretary to follow behind me to tidy up my posts -- do you want the job?

who is foolish?

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB116/pdb8-6-2001.pdf

Pre-9/11 memo to Bush made public - World - CBC News
was told that al-Qaeda cells were in his country and that hijackings were a possibility, according to a previously classified document released by the White House Saturday.

But the memo, given to Bush Aug. 6, 2001, does not mention the use of planes as weapons, and does not include any specific dates or sites of possible attacks.

And again... as I've FREQUENTLY pointed out.. This was Bush's first year. Bush ran on getting the economy going as he and Cheney KNEW in 2000 there was going to be a recession. So if any one cares to research Bush WAS AGAINST Nation-building!

"Speaking to a cheering crowd in Chattanooga, Tenn., one day before the Nov. 7, 2000, election, George W. Bush repeated a line that had by then been a standard part of the stump speech for many, many months--and one that now seems, in the face of looming U.S. military action in Iraq, quite contradictory.
"Let me tell you what else I'm worried about: I'm worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence.
See, our view of the military is for our military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place."
Bush Backs Into Nation Building

WHAT CHANGED BUSH???

9/11 did! Saddam cheering in the streets as 3,000 people died! And so again.. in Bush's first 6 months NOTHING was more important then getting the economy going..until..
that fateful day... and then Bush realized.. the only way to rid terrorists was rid the states that supported it and Iraq was a terrorist supporting state!
Here are the facts how Saddam subsidized terrorists!

Primarily groups that could hurt Saddam&#8217;s regional foes. Saddam has aided the Iranian dissident group Mujahadeen-e-Khalq and the Kurdistan Workers&#8217; Party (known by its Turkish initials, PKK), a separatist group fighting the Turkish government. Moreover, Iraq has hosted several Palestinian splinter groups that oppose peace with Israel , including the mercenary Abu Nidal Organization, whose leader, Abu Nidal, was found dead in Baghdad in August 2002. Iraq has also supported the Islamist Hamas movement and reportedly channeled money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. A secular dictator, however, Saddam tended to support secular terrorist groups rather than Islamist ones such as al-Qaeda, experts say.
Terrorism Havens: Iraq - Council on Foreign Relations
And Saddam did support al-Qaeda..

There was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al-Qaida,&#8221; Bush told reporters after meeting with his Cabinet at the White House. &#8220;This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al-Qaida. We did say there were numerous contacts between Saddam and al-Qaida.&#8221;

Bush added: &#8220;Saddam Hussein was a threat. He was a threat because he had used weapons of mass destruction against his own people. He was a threat because he was a sworn enemy of the United States of America, just like al-Qaida. He was a threat because he had terrorist connections.
Osama-Saddam links 9-11 commission missed

was told that al-Qaeda cells were in his country and that hijackings were a possibility, according to a previously classified document released by the White House Saturday.

But the memo, given to Bush Aug. 6, 2001, does not mention the use of planes as weapons, and does not include any specific dates or sites of possible attacks.

It also didn't provide the seat numbers of the terrorists or their names, you forgot about that. At any rate, had Bush taken some action, perhaps 9.11 could have been thwarted. Taking no action whatsoever, as Bush did, had no chance at preventing the attack.

But then, being a miserable failure was the hallmark of Bush's presidency.

And again... as I've FREQUENTLY pointed out.. This was Bush's first year. Bush ran on getting the economy going as he and Cheney KNEW in 2000 there was going to be a recession. So if any one cares to research Bush WAS AGAINST Nation-building!

"Speaking to a cheering crowd in Chattanooga, Tenn., one day before the Nov. 7, 2000, election, George W. Bush repeated a line that had by then been a standard part of the stump speech for many, many months--and one that now seems, in the face of looming U.S. military action in Iraq, quite contradictory.
"Let me tell you what else I'm worried about: I'm worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence.
See, our view of the military is for our military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place."
Bush Backs Into Nation Building

WHAT CHANGED BUSH???

9/11 did! Saddam cheering in the streets as 3,000 people died! And so again.. in Bush's first 6 months NOTHING was more important then getting the economy going..until..
that fateful day... and then Bush realized.. the only way to rid terrorists was rid the states that supported it and Iraq was a terrorist supporting state!
Here are the facts how Saddam subsidized terrorists!

Primarily groups that could hurt Saddam’s regional foes. Saddam has aided the Iranian dissident group Mujahadeen-e-Khalq and the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (known by its Turkish initials, PKK), a separatist group fighting the Turkish government. Moreover, Iraq has hosted several Palestinian splinter groups that oppose peace with Israel , including the mercenary Abu Nidal Organization, whose leader, Abu Nidal, was found dead in Baghdad in August 2002. Iraq has also supported the Islamist Hamas movement and reportedly channeled money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. A secular dictator, however, Saddam tended to support secular terrorist groups rather than Islamist ones such as al-Qaeda, experts say.
Terrorism Havens: Iraq - Council on Foreign Relations
And Saddam did support al-Qaeda.
Bullshit. But your desperation is duly noted. Hussein had Abu Nidal killed. That's your idea of supporting Al-Qaeda??? And there was no link between Hamas and Al-Qaeda, so that doesn't benefit your failed position either.

healthmyths said:
There was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al-Qaida,” Bush told reporters after meeting with his Cabinet at the White House. “This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al-Qaida. We did say there were numerous contacts between Saddam and al-Qaida.”

Bush added: “Saddam Hussein was a threat. He was a threat because he had used weapons of mass destruction against his own people. He was a threat because he was a sworn enemy of the United States of America, just like al-Qaida. He was a threat because he had terrorist connections.
Osama-Saddam links 9-11 commission missed
Bullshit...

"Well, what we now have that’s developed since you and I last talked, Tim, of course, was that report that’s been pretty well confirmed, that he did go to Prague and he did meet with a senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service in Czechoslovakia last April, several months before the attack. Now, what the purpose of that was, what transpired between them, we simply don’t know at this point. But that’s clearly an avenue that we want to pursue." - Dick Cheney

Dubya overall was a good President. He was not perfect and had to appease the dumbass dimocrats too much, but if we had someone comparable as President the past five years, we would be better off in all ways!

B. Hussein Obama is a total failure, and the worst President in our history! Those who voted for the lying POS Obama owe the rest of us an apology!

It also didn't provide the seat numbers of the terrorists or their names, you forgot about that. At any rate, had Bush taken some action, perhaps 9.11 could have been thwarted. Taking no action whatsoever, as Bush did, had no chance at preventing the attack.

if you had actually read it, you would have found there were 70 investigations going on about it.

Dubya overall was a good President. He was not perfect and had to appease the dumbass dimocrats too much, but if we had someone comparable as President the past five years, we would be better off in all ways!

B. Hussein Obama is a total failure, and the worst President in our history! Those who voted for the lying POS Obama owe the rest of us an apology!

THANK YOU!!!

For example good old practical logical GWB would have been the first to point out if he didn't have all the 4 gigantic monumental EVENTS i.e. recession,dot.com/9/11 and worst hurricanes that Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) was doing a poor job of enrolling 14 million people!
These 14 million when asked if insured said "NO" because they didn't know under poverty levels they qualified for Medicaid!
GWB would have gotten CMS to fix that.

Then GWB would also ask why are 10 million illegals considered eligible for Health insurance as they were counted as "uninsured" by the Census.

Finally GWB would have said WHY are we counting 18 million people who
A) Don't want health insurance as
B) They are under 34 and make little use of health services and
C) When they do they pay out of pocket (as they also make over $50,000 a year) an average of $1,000 a year which is far
D) Less then their employers plans..

So GWB would have said.. add those numbers up and you get 4 million truly uninsured that need coverage BUT NOT 46 million which was bogusly used to pass ACA!

Also GWB would NEVER NEVER say:
1)Obama wants higher gas prices... "I'd like higher gas prices, just not so quickly" LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly
2)"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air
3)"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program" Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 | Physicians for a National Health Program

Because NO logical sane person wants higher gas prices or skyrocketing electricity rates AND definitely put 1,300 companies that pay $100 billion in Federal/state/local taxes employing 400,000 people OUT OF BUSINESS!
Obama did!

If George W. Bush is the right wing bar for greatness, it certainly explains the rapid deterioration of the Republican Party in the past couple decades.

Bush greater than Reagan! Hoooooooooleeeeeeeeee shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

If this doesn't help you understand why I stopped voting, I don't know what else to tell ya! :lol:

For once, I'm in complete agreement with you G. To claim Bush was a better president than Reagan is one of the more absurd things I have ever heard.

If George W. Bush is the right wing bar for greatness, it certainly explains the rapid deterioration of the Republican Party in the past couple decades.

If this doesn't help you understand why I stopped voting, I don't know what else to tell ya! :lol:

For once, I'm in complete agreement with you G. To claim Bush was a better president than Reagan is one of the more absurd things I have ever heard.

actually the ops title says one of within this individuals lifetime - not the greatest within his lifetime.

Who ever said he was? I didn't say GWB was better! Reagan also a great president.. Remember the MIsery Index started under
Carter??? Prime rate 21%... unemployment 10%... Inflation 15%
My point is even Reagan DIDN"T have 4 gigantic earth shaken events... Yes there were hurricanes... NONE matched GWB time.
Sure there was a recession... did not make $5 trillion in dot.com busts losses!
And of course NO President in the history of the USA every had mainland USA two cities struck by the enemy on the same day killing 3,000 destroying businesses,
shutting down wall street, no airlines for 3 days...
NOT one president except Bush had ALL -- much less 9/11 equivalent!

Last edited:
W was not the best President in history and may not be the best if our lifetimes.

He was, however, the beneficiary of a dedicated, determined and orchestrated 24/7 smear campaign from the Alinksy acolyte leftists including our hideous main stream media (with only a slight brief tiny respite in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks in 2001).

Putting that shit aside, if judged fairly and rationally, he would qualify as among the best Presidents in our history.

W was not the best President in history and may not be the best if our lifetimes.

He was, however, the beneficiary of a dedicated, determined and orchestrated 24/7 smear campaign from the Alinksy acolyte leftists including our hideous main stream media (with only a slight brief tiny respite in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks in 2001).

Putting that shit aside, if judged fairly and rationally, he would qualify as among the best Presidents in our history.

"MSM job is to Bash the President"...
Evan Thomas Editor of NewsWeek's quotes Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

MSM Job to Bash the President..."
But what about Obama ... any bashing here???

COLOR="Blue"]I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." [/COLOR]
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

what about the trillions in debt from stupid tax cuts for the rich?

The couple of thousand dead from neglect after katrina?

The tens of thousands dead and maimed in iraq?

The trillions lost rebuilding iraq.

The.......well, you get the picture.

$44d99403-b52e-4742-8fde-b08e1ce392be.jpg

(edit for bandwith and space)
Big fonts and pretty colors does not make histrionic statements fact. What is fact is that the historical record on sanctions is that they strengthen targeted regimes while starving and punishing the most vulnerable.

I was waiting for<snip>u are!!!

Drooling hysterics aside, locating anybody who defends Saddam, or any other butchering tyrant, is going to be a long fruitless search.
Wasting blood and treasure where there is no compelling national interest only replaced the tyrant with never ending sectarian violence.

So why did we enter WWI, WWII... what national interest were there?

And wasting money on freeing 28 million? Keeping 2.9 million kids from starving? Wasted money?

I can't believe how much the lack of compassion is in people like you! People that want to "save the children" in Africa from starving... yet you call it wasting for 2.8 million Iraqi kids?
YOU a racist?
And don't do that stupid "BLAME the civilized sanctioning countries" for the starvation! Saddam took the money and built 91 palaces when all he had do was comply with the
civilized UN sanctions that simply wanted to save lives Saddam was killing!

AND YOU defend Saddam???

And wasting money on freeing 28 million? Keeping 2.9 million kids from starving? Wasted money?

I can't believe how much the lack of compassion is in people like you! People that want to "save the children" in Africa from starving... yet you call it wasting for 2.8 million Iraqi kids?
YOU a racist?
And don't do that stupid "BLAME the civilized sanctioning countries" for the starvation! Saddam took the money and built 91 palaces when all he had do was comply with the

AND YOU defend Saddam???

The national interest in WWI?
War Profiteers in WWI

(Source : Gen. Smedley Butler's WAR IS A RACKET)
Company Name Profits BEFORE the War Profits by The End Of The War

DuPont (Gunpowder) $ 6,000,000 $ 58.000,000
Bethlehem Steel $ 6,000,000 $ 49,000,000
United States Steel $ 105,000,000 $ 240,000,000
Anaconda $ 10,000,000 $ 34,000,000
Utah Copper $ 5,000,000 $ 21,000,000
Central Leather Co. $ 3,500,000 $ 15,000,000
International Nickel Co. $ 4,000,000 $ 73,000,000

WWII? A direct result of not minding our business and staying home during WWI.

&#8220;America should have minded her own business and stayed out of the World War. If you hadn&#8217;t entered the war the Allies would have made peace with Germany in the Spring of 1917. Had we made peace then there would have been no collapse in Russia followed by Communism, no breakdown in Italy followed by Fascism, and Germany would not have signed the Versailles Treaty, which has enthroned Nazism in Germany. If America had stayed out of the war, all these &#8216;isms&#8217; wouldn&#8217;t today be sweeping the continent of Europe and breaking down parliamentary government &#8211; and if England had made peace early in 1917, it would have saved over one million British, French, American, and other lives.&#8221; Winston Churchill, New York Enquirer, 1936

Last edited:

YOU a racist?

AND YOU defend Saddam???

The national interest in WWI?
War Profiteers in WWI

(Source : Gen. Smedley Butler's WAR IS A RACKET)
Company Name Profits BEFORE the War Profits by The End Of The War

DuPont (Gunpowder) $ 6,000,000 $ 58.000,000
Bethlehem Steel $ 6,000,000 $ 49,000,000
United States Steel $ 105,000,000 $ 240,000,000
Anaconda $ 10,000,000 $ 34,000,000
Utah Copper $ 5,000,000 $ 21,000,000
Central Leather Co. $ 3,500,000 $ 15,000,000
International Nickel Co. $ 4,000,000 $ 73,000,000

WWII? A direct result of not minding our business and staying home during WWI.

&#8220;America should have minded her own business and stayed out of the World War. If you hadn&#8217;t entered the war the Allies would have made peace with Germany in the Spring of 1917. Had we made peace then there would have been no collapse in Russia followed by Communism, no breakdown in Italy followed by Fascism, and Germany would not have signed the Versailles Treaty, which has enthroned Nazism in Germany. If America had stayed out of the war, all these &#8216;isms&#8217; wouldn&#8217;t today be sweeping the continent of Europe and breaking down parliamentary government &#8211; and if England had made peace early in 1917, it would have saved over one million British, French, American, and other lives.&#8221; Winston Churchill, New York Enquirer, 1936

Well then IF you criticize Bush for freeing 28 million people and keeping 2.9 million kids from starving that must mean you approved of Saddam's policies!
If you were in favor of NOT freeing the 28 million and keep from starvation 2.9 millions you ARE defending Saddam because THAT's the FACTS JACK!!!
Didn't take me long to find YOU a defender of Saddam!

Last edited:

What action should he have taken?

Forum List

Back